Dune: Part Two (2023)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, only ask the one out of 20 with a mildly negative review, lol.

I wouldn’t even call mine negative more tongue in cheer in that I prefer the Har-KON-nen pronunciation.

I would agree with the comment that part 1 was a little sterile and devoid of some of the little aspects from the older movie version, but also the older movie version was kind of hokey and gay. This did all the dune things you would expect it to be.

It’s always strange with shit like this with years of source matterial that is decades old. Fuckers already know the plot points and outcome of the movie before they see it.

It did its job visually which is all you can really ask of sci-fi movies these days. It’s just nice seeing a movie without some transgender American Inventor queer or woke modern day political agenda…

The spice must flow.. also casting Christopher Walken was kind of odd, but whatever sometimes a movie needs more cowbell.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
stilgar was the hidden comedy MVP

GHsc01VbMAAPhEO.jpg

GHXB1qtXAAAoIpc.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saying this exceeded my exceptions is an understatement.

I was blown away by how much I enjoyed this movie and this is coming from a grumpy old fuck that hates everything.

Go watch this in IMAX.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I will say I was very pleased by less deafening wailing woman sound in this one
Oh Jesus, don't remind me of that. I think that is one of the biggest issues I had with the first movie was the music was just horrible. Every time the lady would sing her Middle Eastern BS, it was just so jarring I would take me out of the movie.

Toto made a truly epic soundtrack, and to me set a very high bar.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yes, strange, its almost like I don’t value everyone’s opinions equally; really weird huh?
No, you wanted your assumed opinion to be validated. He even said it wasn't even really a negative review but what you took from it was "it sucked."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No I would say it was worth a watch, her being garbage was whatever. The rest was about as solid as you can get for what they covered. I actually came out hoping they do the next movie… although Dune gets more and more oddball apeshit as the story progresses.
Dune might be the most based story in the history of mankind, and that’s all you can say about it? Armies of women would never betray society the way armies of men have. *chortles in fish-speaker*

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Dune might be the most based story in the history of mankind, and that’s all you can say about it? Armies of women would never betray society the way armies of men have. *chortles in fish-speaker*

Actually almost all of the universe's problems are because of these Bene Gesserit whores.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
No, you wanted your assumed opinion to be validated. He even said it wasn't even really a negative review but what you took from it was "it sucked."

“?” Implies a question, he scored it 0/10 - I needed elaboration , which was why I asked. Why would I ask at all, if I was certain?

Is it conceivable that I view you so lowly, for the simple reason that you are?

Boozcube had virtually the same opinion as mine, part 1–I remember— I have a very good memory, it is easy to then parse his view, as opposed to someone who I know I share very little opinions with, which incidentally, is why when you have on an occasion or two attempted to engage me in the past, I’ve ignored you.

Since a few hours ago, a few more posters whose opinion’s I generally respect have commented positively, thus making me think, it might be worth the hardship to go out and see in a big theater, which I really don’t have the time and freedom to do easily. Similarly I had the same reservations about BG3, but enough positivity from views I respect caused me to indulge. It's a very simple concept really.

Last edited:

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dune might be the most based story in the history of mankind
Someone with bigger nerd muscles may prove me wrong, but the Buterlian Jihad (the revolt against thinking machines) is arguably one of the most pivotal events in the Dune universe and guess what kicked that off..
1709434922903.png

Meme Think GIF

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Someone with bigger nerd muscles may prove me wrong, but the Buterlian Jihad (the revolt against thinking machines) is arguably one of the most pivotal events in the Dune universe and guess what kicked that off..
View attachment 517588
Meme Think GIF
I don’t really consider the encyclopedia canon. Herbert’s contribution is questionable. On top of that, aggressive examples of eugenics are rampant in the series, thinking the butlerian jihad would be started by that is counter intuitive to the message of the whole series. I mean stop and think about what the gom jabbar was for just one secon.

Also, women are pretty much the source of all problems in the dune story. The men have such well laid out and logical plans, even if they get incredibly complex. The women? Well they certainly are scheming! Doesn’t seem they put much thought into what for though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The movie previews and commercials are getting worse.....but Dune Pt2 was great. Loved it.

And I actually really liked Zendaya in it. Come at me bros
I'll be honest I was fine with Zendaya this time around.
“?” Implies a question, he scored it 0/10 - I needed elaboration , which was why I asked. Why would I ask at all, if I was certain?

Boozcube had virtually the same opinion as mine, part 1–I remember— I have a very good memory, it is easy to then parse his view, as opposed to someone who I know I share very little opinions with, which incidentally, is why when you have on an occasion or two attempted to engage me in the past, I’ve ignored you.

Since a few hours ago, a few more posters whose opinion’s I generally respect have commented positively, thus making me think, it might be worth the hardship to go out and see in a big theater, which I really don’t have the time and freedom to do easily. Similarly I had the same reservations about BG3, but enough positivity from views I respect caused me to indulge. It's a very simple concept really.
It’s a good movie and the main protagonist (Paul) isn’t a bitch.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I don't remember you at all but I'm glad those passing interactions (if they even happened) were so memorable that you both recall choosing not to engage multiple times and also intimately understand my spectrum of opinions enough to know they're not shared with you.

I also didn't give my opinion about this film since I haven't seen it so it's quite unclear why you think I feel slighted personally by your stance. It's impossible to be offended by an opinion being ignored when you've never given it. I just thought it was funny none of the many posters before Booze were worthy enough for your elevated consideration, especially when it's fairly rare for a film on FoH to be so roundly praised (thus far, anyway) and in alignment with the mainstream.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize his 0/10 was not serious and was sarcasm about the name. Come on, are you that autistic?

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I don't remember you at all but I'm glad those passing interactions (if they even happened) were so memorable

Not particularly memorable, insomuch that somehow my brain finds space for it

Come on, are you that autistic?

Well seeing as it's a sPeCtRuM, along with Roy G Biv, I imagine I am? How about you, is there a Spectrum for Down's Syndrome?

just thought it was funny none of the many posters before Booze were worthy enough for your elevated consideration,

I'm glad we cleared that up, it amuses me, that you are amused.

Gutter thought it was good movie too, they and a few other posters have given it a strong punch-up, I can't speak for Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded , who had the same misgivings as myself, but I feel I've gotten enough of a rounded opinion by a specific subset of posters

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Not particularly memorable, insomuch that somehow my brain finds space for it

Well seeing as it's a sPeCtRuM, along with Roy G Biv, I imagine I am? How about you, is there a Spectrum for Down's Syndrome?

I'm glad we cleared that up, it amuses me, that you are amused.

Gutter thought it was good movie too, they and a few other posters have given it a strong punch-up, I can't speak for Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded , who had the same misgivings as myself, but I feel I've gotten enough of a rounded opinion by a specific subset of posters
Monica!
Sci-Fi Movie GIF

So that GIF gives us a good example as to why the first movie was lifeless. It's memorable. I cared about the characters, and when Paul realizes his potential you're completely on board.

I can watch the Lynch movie and anytime I see that scene and it's still is amazing. I can see a reference to it or this gift and puts a smile on my face. There's nothing out of that first movie other than the weird meme of power rangers when it was the ninjutsu battle wherever.

I'll watch the new one but I don't know if I want to dick around with going to the theater or having to fist a sandworm for my popcorn.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t really consider the encyclopedia canon. Herbert’s contribution is questionable. On top of that, aggressive examples of eugenics are rampant in the series, thinking the butlerian jihad would be started by that is counter intuitive to the message of the whole series. I mean stop and think about what the gom jabbar was for just one secon.

Also, women are pretty much the source of all problems in the dune story. The men have such well laid out and logical plans, even if they get incredibly complex. The women? Well they certainly are scheming! Doesn’t seem they put much thought into what for though.
b6610ed3d479a1533c46a8e3c03f23b4.gif

I knew one of you nerds would come in here and ruin my day.

All jokes aside I like taking into account the encyclopedia just to have more to chew on. Shit is pretty cool.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This isn't a movie spoiler. More about dune lore. Big just in case
After Paul kills the Baron and makes the emperor kiss the ring, we hear that the landsraad houses refuse to honor his ascendancy. Then the jihad kicks off as the fighters head towards the landsraad fleet.

Is there a name for the war with the landsraads? I want to go read about it and I assume it has a name.