1666565218877.jpeg

1666565241787.jpeg

1666565267059.jpeg

1666565291749.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope the rest of the movie is immaculate special effects and then Chalamet is just riding the Tremors puppet with no CGI or filters

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
What was the publisher/company that made the high quality hardcovers for the Dune series? Looking to get the Frank Herbert 6 book series

I know this is an old post but Centipede Press is in the process of doing the entire series, both as Limited/Signed and Unsigned if you have a significant chunk of change. Retail is around $650ish per book (with Signed/Limited being more) and they’ve published book 2 last month. You can buy both + get on the rights list for book 3 onward for around 3k or less from the centipede press facebook group or ebay. Insane prices, I know.

Earthling Publications just recently put out their version (for $650) but I’m unsure if they’re going to do the entire series.

• 2Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know this is an old post but Centipede Press is in the process of doing the entire series, both as Limited/Signed and Unsigned if you have a significant chunk of change. Retail is around $650ish per book (with Signed/Limited being more) and they’ve published book 2 last month. You can buy both + get on the rights list for book 3 onward for around 3k or less from the centipede press facebook group or ebay. Insane prices, I know.

Earthling Publications just recently put out their version (for $650) but I’m unsure if they’re going to do the entire series.
$650?

I'm a huge Dune fanboy, but fuck that noise. Holy cow people are retarded

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never understodd this fascination with the super special limited hardbacks for like a $$ K each. Man fuck that noise. I would not even put that shit on my bookshelf collecting dust. Like what do they do with these books? Bag them and save them in some closet for 20 yrs hoping they are now worth $3K?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
For books that are usually $600+, most are usually super rich collectors that like to display their favorite books/series and they do tend to hold their value. There are a few people crazy enough that read them at that price range. For what it’s worth though, you really do get what you pay for most of the time. Illustrations are usually beautiful, the quality truly is amazing, the pages actually feel heavy and great and the ink pops, ect. It’s really not that much different from any other collectors hobby but yeah, $650 is painful.

Unfortunately they’re also the only publisher right now with rights to full print Dune and willing to do it. Fucking Folio is doing a full print run of A Song of Ice and Fire and are under contract to do the final books (if they ever get published, which they wont), but they won’t publish the full Dune series.

I’d love it if someone else would step in and get the full series done for $100 - 200 a book or less, but theres a really bad paper and printing shortage going on right now and prices have nearly tripled compared to 3 years ago.

Edit: But just to pile on regarding your point on how absurd all of this is and can go, this is Suntup Press’ version of Blood Meridian, Numbered Edition, for $975

I’d be afraid to even touch that thing, let alone attempt to open it, and this is their mid tier version. Their most expensive, the lettered, sold out at $3,950.

We need to kick start an FoH publishers company

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I just want a fucking leatherbound hardback of books 1-4 at a reasonable price. That Barnes & Noble collector's edition of book 1 is just fine, except they only did book 1. That $650 shit's gay.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Theres a reason why publishers won’t print books 2+ and that’s because historically they’ve been terrible sellers. I think it might have been Subterranean Press that said it recently, but to even make a profit after negotiating rights to obtain a title + finding a printer willing to do a half decent quality print, you’d have to price each book around $125 - $150 to make a slight profit (and hope there are no errors, which the publisher themselves are often forced to eat). Add quality acid free paper/ink and/or hire an artist and now you’re looking at $200 - $250.

Sub Press second printing of Malazans Gardens of the Moon was $250 and it used faux leather as the hardcover. Real leather? Tack on another $100 easy.

But if you just want a collection of leatherbound Dune hardbacks, there are dozens of people On Etsy with varying degrees of skill who will rebind a book for you for about $100 - $150. You just send them the already purchased book and they rebind it. Outside of that, it looks like $200ish is the new norm for reasonable.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want a fucking leatherbound hardback of books 1-4 at a reasonable price. That Barnes & Noble collector's edition of book 1 is just fine, except they only did book 1. That $650 shit's gay.
The obvious solution is to bind your own book in leather. Working leather isn't too hard and Tandy Leather Supply has some cheap tools for light use. The spine on that Blood Meridian that Skinner posted looks annoying to do yourself, but the rest is easy to acquire leather and a fairly cheap debossed lettering stamp kit.

This guy's channel has some leather binding decoration videos as well:

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
We watch it up to the invasion sequence and put it back down. All the interesting shit in Dune is in the first half with the world building and 1:1 concept art ports.

spronk

FPS noob

trailer out tomorrow no point in watching tho, its a DenisV movie im gonna go see it in theaters

neat youtube supports trailer premieres i guess

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Trailer link now works

Wanted to see Walken as the Emperor, but otherwise I am totally in for this it looks great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users