Dune: Part Two (2023)

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Hearing opinions contrary to your own is part of critically thinking about those ideas. Only exposing yourself to ideas you already hold is just mental masturbation to stroke your own ego.

Of course there are limits to what one can handle when presented with extremist views to your own, but being able to temper your own anger in order to keep a rational mind takes practice. In a related and similar way to how patience takes practice.
Having to listen to people's completely moronic opinions and takes on reality has been my life's story. It is however a pretty nice relief to see people finally starting to come around to sharing your own.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Big weekend for Part Two. Everything after $500m is profit. Planning on seeing it again, in IMAX assuming it stays on IMAX screens for another two weeks.

It's done $100+ million alone from just IMAX.

1000002871.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the last weekend it’s in imax in Dallas. King Kong taking over on Thursday.

• 2WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally saw it tonight in imax (completely full theatre). This movie is the fucking truth.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can’t stop thinking about it. I want to watch it again right now. Going to make a fake work meeting this week.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have that really good synopsis youtube video on the history of dune? Round 20 minutes

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
rofl, you know, that meme above isn't WRONG. it just portrays the triggering event in such a BAD way.

Szlia

Did not enjoy that part two as much as the first part. I think one of the main aspect is that in part one we discovered Villeneuve's vision for the Dune universe and it was literally awesome. This time around that discovery is obviously no longer there or at least not as much (there is still a number of striking sequences, but not as many). Also, splitting the story in two parts means we start the 2nd film on a lull that is a bit directionless. No clear goal, no clear plan, so it's hard to be invested. Still 20 leagues above your average blockbuster and looking forward to a very probable third film.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Finally saw it tonight. Personally, I thought it was a fucking wild experience. The "worm surfing" scene was worth the price of admission alone. I haven't read the original book in its entirety so I wasn't even aware that was part of Dune lore.

Holy shit, I was in a Vmax theatre and I kid you not, the seats were literally shaking in this scene. It was like a rollercoaster. I couldn't believe the fucking awesomeness of it, extreme sports and science fiction combined. Never seen that before.

I couldn't even sit down afterwards because I'd just had such an epic experience.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf is with people interviewing DV thinking he wrote the books? To ask what's next for certain character's??

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wtf is with people interviewing DV thinking he wrote the books? To ask what's next for certain character's??
You think these people know any of the material or people they interview? They're hand puppets. Did you see the lady that interviewed Dana White and thought he was Joe Rogan?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

He co-wrote the screenplays and it's an adaptation, so whatever will happen to the characters in the next movie (if there is one) is up to him really.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He co-wrote the screenplays and it's an adaptation, so whatever will happen to the characters in the next movie (if there is one) is up to him really.
It's not GoT, the story Is over with. Dennis is just trying to bring it to the big screen

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user