Dune: Part Two (2023)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Republican? What? He might fit the mold of a more modern republican, but he was nothing like the republicans of back then. And let’s just say his model of improvement may have ideally included eugenics.
He was literally an old-Right republican. He was a conservative speech writer etc.

Siliconemelons

I don’t read the books, and really only the TV series does it- but Paul is a prince he is surrounded by “the hottest” women and is being prepped for this etc. he sees this hot desert piece and is like, wow.

It should be some of thoughts from posted above where a “normal” or “natural” hotttie is like blowing away in his mind all the prim and pomp that’s been laid at his feet all his life.

heck once he is married his queen is like “he did all this for THAT?” And children of dune did this well, then there is the entire concubines rule in shadows or whatever the quote was.

I’ll buy the blu ray duo set and watch all this sometime I hope

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
maxresdefault (2)~2.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched first one before going and seeing the second. Not sure if I hate Jason Momoa or zoomerdya more

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What was wrong with Duncan?. I cant even remember right now but how much was Zendaya even in the first film

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What was wrong with Duncan?. I can even remember right now but how much was Zendaya even in the first film

That wasn't Duncan. It was just Momoa. Dude can't act, he always plays the same guy since Stargate Atlantis.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
That wasn't Duncan. It was just Momoa. Dude can't act, he always plays the same guy since Stargate Atlantis.
Exactly. He's the same flat dude bro cardboard character in every thing. Hes Arnold without any of the charm and movies realizing they have Arnold.

Also the scene where hes introducing Stilgar to the Duke, its just so jarring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Momoa admitted he was concerned about getting fired from the first movie during filming if he was compared to the other male leads. He knows his chops aren't up to par, but he can't do any better.

He figured there was going to be a day Denis just said alright that's it we need to replace this guy.

It didn't help his role had him opposite of some of the biggest heavyweights in acting.

• 1Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I saw it and it was better then the first, but still not very good. Why have all these good actors if they do not have any good dialogue?
The fight between Paul and Feyd is a perfect example. Director is obsessed with millions of dollars of sets and costume and make up but the fight was boring. They had Feyd say the same partial lines from the first movie without any context or emotion. Paul is dealt an apparent fatal blow but still wins because...plot device.
First movie was cheesy but hit all the right notes, just in this one scene alone.

Was pretty boring and the worm riding looked wrong, just so wrong.
5.5 out of 10.

• 1Garbage

Shmoopy

Saw in IMAX. Pretty damn good.

Only complaints: cut back on the color grading a notch and Walken was a miscast.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Walken was a miscast.
Good god understatement. No idea but if it was him just giving zero fucks or the direction he was given but him as Emperor was worse than Zendaya. Dude reminded me of Joe Biden just standing there looking off to the side at the floor as Paul came knocking slaughtering his guard.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The discussion about the movie you never wanted. Somehow in hell it showed up on my feed, and I watched it like it was a train derailment, and now you can too, if you dare.....

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
$46 million second weekend. A 44% dip for a sci-fi blockbuster is pretty amazing. It definitely has good legs. If Denis wants to make a third one it will surely happen.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The discussion about the movie you never wanted. Somehow in hell it showed up on my feed, and I watched it like it was a train derailment, and now you can too, if you dare.....

Fuck Tyson lately, also this

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Fuck Tyson lately, also this
To try to put it nicely, it's such a small thing that I think Tyson's shtick for these comments is more about having something "interesting" to talk about on a TV show that tries to cater to a wide audience (that wont understand/care about anything astrophysics/science related).

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
To try to put it nicely, it's such a small thing that I think Tyson's shtick for these comments is more about having something "interesting" to talk about on a TV show that tries to cater to a wide audience (that wont understand/care about anything astrophysics/science related).
He's just a fucking celebrity at this point. I tried to watch the whole thing but he's just insufferable. But he's black Astro man so let's put them on our show because everything he says is gospel because trust the science. I think there's more to the interview or another section and trying to watch it it was just appalling system. You can find it on YouTube on that stupid channel, but I warned you from exposing yourself to that sort of retarded radiation.

It's really bad I want to make you throw your phone into a pond or out a car window or just stomp on it.

• 2Like

Burns

He's just a fucking celebrity at this point. I tried to watch the whole thing but he's just insufferable. But he's black Astro man so let's put them on our show because everything he says is gospel because trust the science. I think there's more to the interview or another section and trying to watch it it was just appalling system. You can find it on YouTube on that stupid channel, but I warned you from exposing yourself to that sort of retarded radiation.

It's really bad I want to make you throw your phone into a pond or out a car window or just stomp on it.
I try to expose myself to views I don't agree with on a weekly basis by watching the discussion sections of Bill Mahar's show (while skipping all the shitty "comedy" bits). Although, I admit, some of the interviews I've had to turn off/skip, like when he was sucking Pelosi's cock way too hard last year. Mahar also, semi-regularly, has people on that don't agree with him either.

In that regard, I didn't find Tyson insufferable, at least in that clip, and I can tolerate Colbert more than, say Fallon or Trevor Noah, but it certainly wasn't interesting enough to go look at Colbert's Youtube channel. Funny enough, I did find Tyson rather insufferable when he was on Mahar's podcast, as he has drank "The Message" koolaid to where Mahar was even giving him a hard time about it.

• 1Like