Dune: Part Two (2023)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The miniseries are really underrated. I remember watching both on SciFi. Think I still have the directors cut of the first one on DVD somewhere. Yeah the production levels are pretty low budget, but they stayed pretty true to the books if I remember. They were almost more like stage plays.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
They were almost more like stage plays.
Precisely. I love both miniseries very much for this exact reason. Sad they didn't do more. They complement the books and the movies so well, I think.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Precisely. I love both miniseries very much for this exact reason. Sad they didn't do more. They complement the books and the movies so well, I think.
Was a little jarring when they changed some of the actors out in the second one, and it definitely seemed that the production values went down some with swapping early days of CGI green screen. They haven't aged well, but I'm not really that concerned when the acting and faithfulness was so good. I think there was talks that sci-fi was going to continue putting out additional miniseries and working through the books, but you know that Network, wasn't getting the ratings with the second one, and they 86ed any future adaptations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Was thinking about it, and the wife and I had watched the latest movie back when it was out on HBO because she didn't really know much about it but was interested. Got done watching it and then immediately tried to look for the original mini series. Just wasn't that happy with the movie despite the fact that it looked amazing, just felt hollow.

There's a pretty good rendering of it on YouTube. Haven't been able to find a decent version of the second one though. Figured I'd share it because it's out there for free.

Edit: was mistaken, same guy has the second one. I must have watched a different upload.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
that's a solid trailer - yeah, it seems to show bits from the entire plot, but I'm not really sure you'd be able to piece it all together without having read the books to begin with.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Way too much Chani seemingly speaking out against Paul/Bene Gesserit "Way" in the 3rd trailer; I guess they have her trying to save Paul from becoming the Mahdi? Way too much Zendaya in the trailers altogether.

Super excited for the movie, though, and the inevitable supercut extended version.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't he get the memo? He's a white guy, turning gay won't score him enough DEI points these days. He should start chopping off his appendices and mutilating his kids.

Also, looking forward to download the shortened edition, with that annoying Z gen-Z bitch removed. Ruins every movie she's in.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
dl5ao2q4y9ic1.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What happens if she farts? You think it gets all steamed up?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users