Dune: Part Two (2023)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
*insert Fry squint meme*

You fuckers are actually going to make me go see this movie. I'm thinking with current Hollywood the only good thing about this movie would be the popcorn bucket but seeing the reviews here... I might just go see it.
Did you not like the 2021 Dune? The battle scenes are something that needs to be seen on the big screen

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
*insert Fry squint meme*

You fuckers are actually going to make me go see this movie. I'm thinking with current Hollywood the only good thing about this movie would be the popcorn bucket but seeing the reviews here... I might just go see it.

Heres a handy guide to know weather a film is worth seeing or a woke mess: If the director is any of the following you will probably enjoy it

Dennis Villeneuve
Quinten Tarantino
Martin Scorsese
Ridley Scot (his movies are batshit now though and as true as Braveheart was)
David Fincher when its true crime / killer related
Guillermo Del Toro (when its scary monster not sexy fish monster)
James Cameron if you want to see the newest Avatar sequel for a 3 hour amusement park ride
Yorgos Lanthimos if Emma Stone is in it

Other then that wait for reviews

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Oh and this movie fucking ruled. To think we found some who who created a 5.5 hour adaptation of the first novel and it looks, sounds, was acted, written all amazing. Never ever did I think we would see it. Go see this movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Did you not like the 2021 Dune ?
I liked it better than original that's for sure. 2021 still seemed a little slow for me but I absolutely loved the music score for the entire movie. Overall, it was a good movie but I only saw it once. Not one I'll watch several times.

Homsar

I liked it better than original that's for sure. 2021 still seemed a little slow for me but I absolutely loved the music score for the entire movie. Overall, it was a good movie but I only saw it once. Not one I'll watch several times.
Its long and slow but the payoff is worth it.

spronk

FPS noob
dune part 1 and part 2 are better enjoyed if you just surrender to the movie and let it envelope you instead of trying to decide what you think it should be doing. definitely worth rewatching part 1 right before you go see part 2 as well, you'll enjoy them both a lot more on rewatch with a more chill relaxed attitude. it would be fun to see what people who are tripping think of the movies.

part 2 was filmed with IMAX cameras (the whole way) and has some insane sound sequences so its worth watching in Dolby Cinema, IMAX, or XD (if the former two aren't options). Dolby vs IMAX i think just comes down to whether you are a sound or visual guy first. Sound is definitely a huge component of the movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Doing Dolby cinema today. Excited.

Saw Part One at the Bullock in Austin (laser Imax). Talk about an amazing theater.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
dune part 1 and part 2 are better enjoyed if you just surrender to the movie and let it envelope you instead of trying to decide what you think it should be doing. definitely worth rewatching part 1 right before you go see part 2 as well, you'll enjoy them both a lot more on rewatch with a more chill relaxed attitude. it would be fun to see what people who are tripping think of the movies.

part 2 was filmed with IMAX cameras (the whole way) and has some insane sound sequences so its worth watching in Dolby Cinema, IMAX, or XD (if the former two aren't options). Dolby vs IMAX i think just comes down to whether you are a sound or visual guy first. Sound is definitely a huge component of the movie.

I hosted a movie night for four of my friends and we watched Dune 1 in 4k at my house on Monday. It was a lot of fun.

Then we went to see Dune 2 last night. Man. They are trying to pack SO MUCH STORY into two movies. These movies are cinematic masterpieces, but they really should've been four movies. They could've atleast gone LOTR style and done three movies.

• 1Like

Homsar

I definitely don't regret get getting the Dbox tickets, took me a minute to get used to it. My friends dad had to turn it off

Homsar

I feel like the series is going to be like Star wars. Episode 4 was great, episode 5 is epic, episode 6 was good.

I think everything after Chani went down hill

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
*insert Fry squint meme*

Don't be a fuckstick. The first movie is amazing and your dumbass needs to see it meow.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Powerhouse movie, it really felt like a big epic blockbuster. Really enjoyed it. Sandworm scene was absolutely amazing in Dolby Cinema.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
the word fundamentalist never appears in the book yet it somehow got shoehorned in. Made the movie feel a little political to me when it completely wasn’t necessary. Otherwise it was pretty neat

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The thing that stuck with me was how good the score, sound and cinematography was. To me, those three had Oscar worthy moments.

Also, Austin Butler surprised me a lot.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
As a whole (watching 1 and 2 back to back) I think the entire movie flows perfectly.

• 2Like