Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How the fuck does Michelle Rodriguez keep getting work
Because she's basically the only woman in Hollywood who can consistently play the tough chick without ending up looking like a tranny (Mackenzie Davis) or getting fat and running her mouth (Gina Carano), and she's a diversity tally mark.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Expected this to be cheesy as fuck, left the theater thinking it was actually pretty solid. Thought all the main actors/actresses were pretty good. I think I'm going to recommend this to friends. I did not expect to actually like this.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I doubt I’ll ever see this again, but it was an entertaining watch with friends.

We all were hoping to see a beholder, but the fat dragon made up for that. That shit was fucking hilarious. We couldn’t stop laughing and the lulz just kept rolling with each joke thrown out by the peanut gallery.

The story and plot was a little sloppy in some areas, but whatever. Overall I was able to enjoy it for what it was.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
High 7 or low 8/10

Much better than I thought it would be.

I appreciate that there were plenty of references to source material.

There was only one thing I couldn’t get past: there were times when Chris pine looks a lot like Gary from Team America World Police

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg

• 15Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 17 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not upset i spent money on this but it was not good. Entertaining yes,but barely. The Jokes were cringe and the plot was pedestrian. Movie was saved by the great cast and the tear jerker ending because i always give points for that if it feels right. It did.

Like most scripts these days, it feels like it was written by somebody under 25 who barely had screenwriting or even prose writing experience. Laughably simple plot with almost nothing sticking out and cookie cutter characters. It looked great, so there was that. Neat easter eggs for anyone who got into D&D so extra points from this crowd i guess.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I saw it and will give it a 7. It was dumb fun. I'll disagree with the poster above in that it felt like it was written by dumb hollywood people. I was actually surprised with this script, where everything was tied together pretty neatly and there really wasn't any screen time that was wasted. It was a competent, but not amazing movie. I felt like the biggest weakness was the acting from druid girl and fighter girl was not the best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I saw it and will give it a 7. It was dumb fun. I'll disagree with the poster above in that it felt like it was written by dumb hollywood people. I was actually surprised with this script, where everything was tied together pretty neatly and there really wasn't any screen time that was wasted. It was a competent, but not amazing movie. I felt like the biggest weakness was the acting from druid girl and fighter girl was not the best.
i wasnt paying attention to the druid chicks acting

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today before it moves off the bigger screens, really enjoyed it and nothing really bad to say. Moved along fast, didn't have too many characters, they gave enough back story for each character to know em all enough for the story. I liked the entire cast. I must have some sort of brain rot nowadays because I kept expecting one character to announce they are gay and grind the movie to a halt but nope, never came up. Biggest shock of the movie lol

Definitely gonna be worth a watch at home for the easter eggs, I know there must be a TON i caught a few small ones like one of the teams was from the animated D&D 90s series or just all the flashes of names I recognized on the maps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 465242
Prydain Chronicles. Got the whole set in the rare first-edition. This might stir up a few memories for people who were schoolkids in the 90's.
Those were probably the first novels I ever read. Definitely the first series and definitely the first of whatever you call this genre. But I didn't recognize that was what you were talking about until I saw the name Lloyd Alexander because I didn't remember prydain (I always called them the Taran or high King books) and the covers of mine are completely different.

The Disney cartoon was garbage and I was overall pissed at it. But i agree i'd like to see it done on screen right.

I tried thinking back..

I could not think of any moment of time when I thought too myself or heard anyone mention, when campaigning with friends or otherwise ,"I wonder how big an Owlbear's cock is?"

That takes a special kind of person to consider that.

I say this because now I honestly wonder....

What? I need a wood weapon to cast shillelagh! You never suddenly needed a wooden weapon?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Those were probably the first novels I ever read. Definitely the first series and definitely the first of whatever you call this genre. But I didn't recognize that was what you were talking about until I saw the name Lloyd Alexander because I didn't remember prydain (I always called them the Taran or high King books) and the covers of mine are completely different.

The Disney cartoon was garbage and I was overall pissed at it. But i agree i'd like to see it done on screen right.

Yeah, now it's referred to generally as the Prydain Chronicles, but for a long time the five books didn't really have a concrete name like LOTR does.

The ones I have are first edition, which is pretty cool. I had to pay up to get them (in some cases, some I lucked out). They look exactly like the ones in the school library as a kid. Just a full-on dose of nostalgia looking at 'em. Some day I'd like to read all five again, if I can handle even more nostalgia.

I used to describe this series to people as "LOTR but not as complex" because that's kinda what it is. But it really is its own genre. LOTR is like, high fantasy elves and wizards and so forth. The Taran books are more like the birth of "young adult" fantasy, where the main character (and his girl) are kids and we see them both grow up (and eventually get together) over the five books. Similar setting and story otherwise. I like how the Taran books have a heavy Irish/Gaelic kind of setting with the names of things and so forth.

I remember as a kid some of the other kids didn't like Taran Wanderer. Actually had a guy tell me to skip it. I think it might be my favorite of the bunch. The main character goes around learning tradeskills and literally turns into a man during that book.

prydain chronicles.jpg

Something I never noticed until recently is that there's kinda a dichonomy between the covers of the first and last books. The first book he's a kid riding a horse, the last book he's an adult storming into battle on a horse while everything's on fire.

Man, I could probably do an entire thread discussing this book series TBH.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I remember as a kid some of the other kids didn't like Taran Wanderer. Actually had a guy tell me to skip it. I think it might be my favorite of the bunch. The main character goes around learning tradeskills and literally turns into a man during that book.

Yeah I think it was my favorite too. Still remember the guy with the "prepare for success" attitude. He kept the fences repaired just in case someone came along with a flock of sheep needing a home.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Anyway, saw the movie last night. It was terrific. It might be the best new movie I've seen this year. TO be fair, I haven't seen a lot of movies this year though. I'd have to actually do some research to remind myself what I've seen.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh and I'll add, in the little theater we've been using for the past few years, We've never seen a crowd this big. Small sample size, I know, but it was a wednesday night and there were 2x as many people as we've seen for any other movie.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Oh and I'll add, in the little theater we've been using for the past few years, We've never need a crowd this big. Small sample size, I know, but it was a wednesday night and there were 2x as many people as we've seen for any other movie.
Yeah, I was surprised at the amount of people at my theater. 99% were old fat straight white guys ( like me ) but there were a couple of families with teen age boys and even one that had a little girl (about 7-10) and she really seemed to enjoy it, heard her laughing a few times.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I can't give a demographics report for our viewing. I don't like other people so I don't pay attention to them. I only noticed the crowd because of how much I hate people.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
It was "ok". 4 out of 10 stars , Just yet another super hero/whatever movie. The 2nd half was way better than the first half.

• 1Pathetic

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the film - it did a good job of the 'member berries for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users