Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Burns

Not sure if you think I worked on the movie and get some sort of profit sharing, but you not seeing it doesn't really affect me.

It's just odd how dead set on not liking a movie you've never seen and then coming up with bizarre reasons to justify it.
I wasn't necessarily dead set on not trying to watch it again, but reading the reviews on IMDB didn't make me want to set out any time for it. I need reasons TOO watch it, not to avoid it. If I didn't like the first 10 to 20 minutes, why keep trying to watch the rest? I have plenty of other stuff to do.

Sometimes I will stick it out, if its something that's getting a bunch of good reviews, but that ship sailed in 2014; when I didn't know shit about John Wick, other than it had one of my favorite actors and some dude from my favorite TV show. If I hadn't fallen asleep how ever long into the movie, I would have probably turned it off soon after.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wasn't necessarily dead set on not trying to watch it again, but reading the reviews on IMDB didn't make me want to set out any time for it. I need reasons TOO watch it, not to avoid it. If I didn't like the first 10 to 20 minutes, why keep trying to watch the rest? I have plenty of other stuff to do.

Sometimes I will stick it out, if its something that's getting a bunch of good reviews, but that ship sailed in 2014; when I didn't know shit about John Wick, other than it had one of my favorite actors and some dude from my favorite TV show. If I hadn't fallen asleep how ever long into the movie, I would have probably turned it off soon after.

For reasons to see it, like Gavinmad Gavinmad has said it truly is one of the greatest action movies of all time. It blends top notch hand to hand combat and gun fights better than any movie ever has and it never comes across as silly or not-believable.

The story isn't anything groundbreaking, but it is told very well for what it is. The build up is very entertaining which is rare in hardcore action movies where it's just there to kill time. People thinking he goes on a rampage just because his dog was killed really weren't paying attention.

Not only is it unique compared to action movies that came before, but It's also unique by today's standards where everything is CGI. I honestly don't think the movie uses any CGI at all

Sevens

Log Wizard
There’s people here who hate everything, like literally everything. This shouldn’t be a surprise.
f6c57b5204a2983e1fc1cec7462c6464.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno anything about this movie but putting Chris Pine in was genius, my wife surprised me last night saying maybe we can go see D&D this weekend (she has NEVER watched a single D&D thing I've said, walked away from Stranger Things because of how nerdy it was) and it turns out she really likes Chris Pine since Wonder Woman and would basically be going to see him lol

might go see it since normies seem to like it, im just bummed because I really wanted to see John Wick 4 but its moving out of all the premium screens today after less than a week. fuuuck!!

1680190631355.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So you went cherrypicking on IMDB for reviews that support you not wanting to watch it again? Why don't you go browse the thread on the forum you're already on where it consists of multiple pages of people raving about how good it is? (and one dude negfarming)

What part of "The Baba Yaga sequence is one of the best character setups in the history of cinema, if not the best" didn't register? Did you think it was hyperbole when I said it's widely regarded as one of the best action movies ever made? If you polled the forum I'm guessing 99% would have John Wick in their top 10 and a sizable portion of would even rate it top 5.

John Wick 1 and 4 are both in my Top 5 action movies of all time.

The rest of said Top 5? Aliens, Terminator 2, The Raid. So they're in good company.

Get with it, Burns Burns !

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Burns Burns already said they don't like action movies set in the modern era, leave the poor man be. I think The Witcher 3 is a dogshit game top to bottom, we all have really bad takes on something, anything, everyone else seems to love.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As for D&D, I managed to get ahold of the 2000 movie and its sequel I didn't know existed, Wrath of the Dragon God. Working on tracking down the third and final one, Book of Vile Darkness or whatever. Unsurprisingly that one is hard to find, I don't think anyone else knows it exists either.

I'll be watching them soon, and the new one, kinda as part of my CRPG festival and also because I like being physically harmed I guess.

• 1Great Review

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As for D&D, I managed to get ahold of the 2000 movie and its sequel I didn't know existed, Wrath of the Dragon God. Working on tracking down the third and final one, Book of Vile Darkness or whatever. Unsurprisingly that one is hard to find, I don't think anyone else knows it exists either.

I'll be watching them soon, and the new one, kinda as part of my CRPG festival and also because I like being physically harmed I guess.
I have no idea why you’re trying to find a girlfriend/date. You’re already living the best life possible.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Watched this in the theater tonight. Give it a 5+3 out of 10. The +3 is for anyone that knows D&D to get all the many, many references, otherwise it’s a very average movie.

• 1Great Review

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I don't really want to go see this movie. But if any of the local theaters have these I will walk in long enough to buy an overpriced bucket of popcorn...
1680228893114.png

That is a popcorn bucket sized d20 that opens up to store popcorn....

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea why you’re trying to find a girlfriend/date.

I'm not.

When I do try, I generally find one. After having a streak of one after another from 2009 through 2018 I needed a fairly substantial break.

• 1Like