Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Isn't ol' Mangly Joe (Joe Manganiello) doing a DnD movie or show?
Or is he too heart broken over losing that fine piece Sofia Vergara

He co-wrote a Dragonlance movie script and Warner Bros shot it down. I previously thought WOTC had final say on it-- but it was actually Warner Bros at the time.

1693690438856.png

1693690469624.png

1693690532916.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We watched it last night during dinner and really enjoyed it. My wife kept asking questions about D&D and I had to explain to her that yes, I am a nerd but wasn’t a D&D nerd. Then she gave me the ole “oh I just figured it was all the same nerd stuff.” Thanks babe!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This movie was actually insanely well done by the writers, cinematographers, directors. It's a better watch time

Fun fact, the writer is John Francis Daley of Freaks and Geeks fame. Also played the silent guy in Waiting.

He wrote the new Flash movie too which I just watched last night on HBO and didn't think was as bad as people made it out to be (also, Nic Cage superman cameo).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fun fact, the writer is John Francis Daley of Freaks and Geeks fame. Also played the silent guy in Waiting.

He wrote the new Flash movie too which I just watched last night on HBO and didn't think was as bad as people made it out to be (also, Nic Cage superman cameo).
Flash movie I feel could have been awesome.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Friend had it on in the background (we are gonna have the talk), they cannot help themselves with the constant miscegenation propaganda

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The Flash would have been better if he had played Barry too...
nah flash needed to be Grant Gustin.

Iris needed to be iris from the series too, but this isn't the right thread to go into all that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I don't give a shit that she's black but why does she have to be a chubby ugly black chick?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Because Hollywood is nakedly a psyop factory
they are ACTIVELY making people racists. not just to simply deflect any criticism by claiming people are racists, but specifically subverting the classic frame of reference for beauty (which THEY created) so that the general public becomes more and more intolerant of people of color, so that leftists can keep ramming it down their throats that people of color are being oppressed. there IS systemic racism, but it's from leftist media. they want civil unrest so that we're too busy fighting each other to figure out who the real enemy is.

casting directors.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
This was pretty decent, much better than the old dnd movie

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just finished this on Prime. They don't make fun action/adventure movies like this anymore. My favorite part was the arena and the mimic chest.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don’t care how gay it sounds

I haven’t laughed at a movie in 5 years at least as hard as I did at the Graveyard, fat dragon, and illusion bard scene

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My favorite part was the nod to the cartoon. The other party in the arena.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The worst part of the movie was liking Michelle Rodriguez or whatever her name is. She was a good warrior, also still how the fuck are pallys so OP . Never played D&D

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The worst part of the movie was liking Michelle Rodriguez or whatever her name is. She was a good warrior, also still how the fuck are pallys so OP . Never played D&D

Paladins basically have stupid stat requirements to play so it generally follows they're tougher. Depending on the ruleset they have most of the warrior benefits, cleric spells albeit a number of levels behind, lay on hands, and at later levels a holy avenger and steed. They're easy as piss to kill from a GMs perspective though because they'll rarely back down from confronting evil even if it means they'll likely perish.

Also makes them a pain in the dick to be around for the rest of the party.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Well hes probably level 13 and the They assasins were 6.