Dungeons & Dragons - New & Old

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
D&D editions 1-3.5: One melee character runs around like something out of a Hong Kong Wire-fu action flick swinging with 3-6 attacks per round and eviscerates everything. One character (usually a chick) rolls their one d20 every round and mostly misses. Low level wizard stands in the back cowering behind a rock waiting for a good time to use his one Web spell (it never happens). Final character is played by the group goofball and does something entertaining but of questionable combat utility and the GM has to decide if this is either useless or game altering in its effect.
I forgot how much fun I had being a fighter in 2.0. With 2-3 swings and a good sword with class based damage (silver etc) you could own whatever came in front of you. Having a bad DM who allowed you to buy (by roll) a fully VOPRAL sword just added to the fun. Lich (dr-19) = dead, (demogorgon) dr 19 = dead. lol Such fun times
smile.png

I just quit playing Pathfinder (which I loved) and now you guys are making me buy the new D&D rules just to check them out.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Finely a D&D version of the Bard I can appreciate! And is it just me, or do a few of the Cleric Domains feel half baked?
My brother and his buddies have been playing D&D for a while, and for the first time, I've joined a campaign. I created a Cleric, Trickery Domain. I chose that domain because I wanted to be a special snowflake, and the domain spells seemed really cool at the time. While the domain spells have come in handy a number of times, I found myself in our last play session hoping that I would die, so that I could reroll a different domain. Party saved me from a nasty dragon we shouldn't have attempted, so the trickery domain lives on.

As far as melee overlords go, that's definitely playing out in our group. We've got a monk and a pole-arm fighter that roll so many attacks it is obscene.