Dying Light 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Woah that seems weird...was hoping for a NG+ so I can do the other faction.
They'll definitely add it sooner or later. Hopefully at the same time as Nightmare difficulty.

As much as I am disappointed in the game right now, I know that Techland will be working on it and improving everything for many years. DL1 is 7 years old now and has had new events recently and they're still working on a XSX/PS5 upgrade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Could really use this 1.005 patch any day now - Love the game - but wanted to play coop with Gator Gator last night and we ended up just doing audio coop and trading secrets. Seems to be the trophy system is flat out broken with regards to it's loot table. I was in the second area where you get the glider, zombies in dark zones were not dropping anything, and even some of the rare zombies had nothing at all. Meanwhile, if I went back to the 1st area via fast travel, went into dark zones in the day and damn near every zombie dropped a uncommon, rare, and sometimes even unique trophies - at night it was hilarious farming time - instead of a chase I would just destroy 100 zombies and cleaned house with trophies - and ended up upgrading a LOT Of shit.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty buggy game was having fun now I’m perma stuck until they fix the elevator bug. I died before I could go up the elevator and now I can’t move forward in the game.

edit: they had a patch release that fixed it within 3 days. I just happened to experience it 12 hours before patch.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These bugs are all on console right? I have a bunch of PC friends playing and haven't heard a peep about bugs.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Meanwhile, if I went back to the 1st area via fast travel, went into dark zones in the day and damn near every zombie dropped a uncommon, rare, and sometimes even unique trophies - at night it was hilarious farming time - instead of a chase I would just destroy 100 zombies and cleaned house with trophies - and ended up upgrading a LOT Of shit.

Noticed that as well. 1st area is where I did co-op trophy boosting. Just shatter the place, they get a trophy per kill basically.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
These bugs are all on console right? I have a bunch of PC friends playing and haven't heard a peep about bugs.
edit: fixed within 12 hours for me 3 days total on console.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hmmm yeah that's a nasty bug that not even a /rewind command would fix. Very similar to a broken quest which is unacceptable.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I’m working for that

bi art dealer guy
how much longer do I have?[/spoiler]

Hard to say.

I'm on my 2nd playthrough now and reached the center in a few hours, and am already looking at the last part or the main quest. Easily three times as fast as my first run.

The game can be finished in 15 hours or so by a good player sticking to the main quest I guess.

pwe

Having tons of fun in co-op on PC. It is buggy af though, we've had to restart game a few times to progress in quests, and lots of minor bugs. But fun!

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok great news patch fixed elevator bug for all electrical plants and coop matchmaking seems great. The Bug apparently has been around for a week I just happened to get it right before patch. I definitely feel for the bros and sisters that had to wait for patch.

I rarely bitch maybe I should do that more.

Vorph

Not sure what you mean by '3 days on console'. Until today there hasn't been a console patch since before release day (so 8+ days).

Edit: And the patch still didn't fix the issues with DLC/TechlandGG items in the Extras tab. And based on what I'm seeing on reddit, your elevator bug was about the only softlock they did fix.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what you mean by '3 days on console'. Until today there hasn't been a console patch since before release day (so 8+ days).

Edit: And the patch still didn't fix the issues with DLC/TechlandGG items in the Extras tab. And based on what I'm seeing on reddit, your elevator bug was about the only softlock they did fix.

Are you stuck progressing right now? What I meant was there was many people saying it’s been 3-4 days since they had the bug. In reality the bug has been in the game over a week.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So the patch hit and online for me on PS5 still bugs the fuck out and doesn't allow me to see games without disabling my internet, re-enabling internet on the system, and going back into the game and waiting for reconnection but then usually stops working after about 5 minutes. I am trying a fresh install now to see if I can get that to resolve. I cannot believe I would be the only one having issues with that on PS5 - but I see plenty of coop games when I can get the find feature to work and my invite option appears in my own host settings.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Welp, reinstall didn't do shit. I still have to 1) Disable internet on the PS5. 2) Log into the game. 3) Enable internet on the system. 4) Wait. 5) Find game/invite and hope it stays alive long enough to let someone join the damn game.

This is what pisses me off since I was hoping the patch would fix this.

Vorph

Are you stuck progressing right now? What I meant was there was many people saying it’s been 3-4 days since they had the bug. In reality the bug has been in the game over a week.
Nah, I played until I got to the second area + a few more hours and decided to go back to DL1 to finish The Following while they fix everything. And hopefully improve the game overall, since I still think that DL1 is superior in just about every way.

Today's patch doesn't really seem to have fixed much of anything on consoles. Even some stuff that was fixed in the PC patches is still broken here. And they even created new bugs in it... people playing on Series X are reporting that the game disconnects their controller from the console every few minutes (sounds like it's related to playing the game with VRR on).

I think I'll load the game up briefly tonight though, just long enough to go get the stuff in the dev room (especially Korek's charm) on the off chance they change their minds and decide to make the items stop spawning.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Game keeps auto skipping conversations, not really that big of a deal as the dialogue is pretty terrible and disjointed but it skips through it too fast for me to read the subtitles and I do like to have at least some semblance of an idea of why I am doing shit. I am on PS4pro so I get what I deserve.

Think I am going to shelf this until it is improved and/or (EL OH EL) I can get a PS5

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh for the love of baby jesus

1644620548759.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users