Dying Light 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Need some FOH Bro gaming sessions to Coop rock through the Dying Light campaign before this drops!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Need some FOH Bro gaming sessions to Coop rock through the Dying Light campaign before this drops!

Crone and I are about ready to rip into some coop dying light 1 to prepare for 2. Gator Gator he is buying ps5 version as well. So drunk coop will definitely happen.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for this to drop. Nighttime sure was rough in the 1st one, especially on higher difficulties, but man the rare 'night only' missions they had were glorious, I still remember replacing the bridge UV lights in the 1st one. Sounds like they made night time more rewarding in this one because too many people avoided it in DL1 :p Day one buy for me.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep just waiting on the preload and Thursday night drop.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Review embargo lifts on the 3rd so we should at least get a little taste of what to expect before the 4th.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Review embargo until the day before release?

They sure sound confident in their two year delayed project!

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I mean they basically just need to keep the same mechanics as the first and change the location. It's kind of hard to fuck that up. Unless they made drop kicking zombies no longer fun, this should be decent for solo play and a banger with co-op play.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Despite Utnayan Utnayan 's drunk gaming weekend, I didn't get a chance to play the first one this past weekend despite buying the $11 bundle that includes all the DLC, etc. on Xbox. Still gonna try and get to it though because I wanna be prepped and ready for 2. I suppose I could just watch a Youtube video about the story and be ready to go fresh into 2.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Despite Utnayan Utnayan 's drunk gaming weekend, I didn't get a chance to play the first one this past weekend despite buying the $11 bundle that includes all the DLC, etc. on Xbox. Still gonna try and get to it though because I wanna be prepped and ready for 2. I suppose I could just watch a Youtube video about the story and be ready to go fresh into 2.

Hey aren't you the main guy in DL1? Wait that's Crane, nevermind!

More than worth it at 11 bucks. I'm impressed how much they supported the first one with DLC and other add ons.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I played a fair bit of it but with only a couple days left I found this: don’t feel like you need to rush through 1 to play 2. It’s a whole other city and takes place 20 years later.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Some of the reviews are saying its very buggy.. like Cyberpunk levels of bugs.

I completed Cyberpunk with only a couple of impactful bugs but I can't imagine that a lot of people will be happy if that is true.

Not sure what copy the reviewers got but:
DL2.JPG

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dying Light reviews hovered around the same.

I still remember the piss poor reviews given to Days Gone and that was fantastic. I am guessing if the story centered around woke bullshit it would have gotten 9's across the board.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Vorph

While it's true that some game urinalists dinged it for the story not being woke or diverse enough (it's never enough), Days Gone was complete shit at release and it took them more than six months to patch it up to the point where it was a great game (release - Apr. '19 / patch 1.60 - Nov. '19).

Dying Light had a similar track record, though it wasn't anywhere near as bad and didn't take as long to fix. Released in January '15 with a lot of bugs and performance problems, then mostly fixed by early June and they never stopped improving it since then.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
While it's true that some game urinalists dinged it for the story not being woke or diverse enough (it's never enough), Days Gone was complete shit at release and it took them at least more than six months to patch it up to the point where it was a great game (release - Apr. '19 / patch 1.60 - Nov. '19).

Dying Light had a similar track record, though it wasn't anywhere near as bad and didn't take as long to fix. Released in January '15 with a lot of bugs and performance problems, then mostly fixed by early June and they never stopped improving it since then.

Some of that though with Days Gone was fixed by improving skills in the game and that was confusing to some. Especially when folks thought driving was shit, but you needed to upgrade your bike - and same with shooting mechanics. - Although this should have been explained better by the devs. I agree about bugs though some bugs were ridiculous, especially sound bugs - which plagued the UE4 engine.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah dying light at launch was a shit show, I had to play the first part like 6 times because of game save issues. They blamed it on pirated copies but it wasn’t until I “cracked” it that I was able to load a save. Something to do with the launcher.
First one is a damn good game, never got into multiplayer but looked interesting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a short DF performance review for the consoles:

• 1Like