Dying Light 2

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Played the shit out if Dying Light when it first released and don't remember any significant bugs.

As long as the parkour is still fun and you can send zombies flying with drop kicks like Bam Bam Bigelow then nothing else matters

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn... I said I wasn't going to buy this (and GameFly is definitely going to ship me a copy tomorrow) but from what I'm seeing the game launches on consoles at local midnight time, meaning EST should be able unlock it at 6AM tomorrow by switching Xbox region to NZ. Going to be hard to resist just buying it since I already know I'll be home all day tomorrow and at least half of Friday due to impending doom weather.

Good video from DF there. Definitely going to start out on 1080p30 + RT and see if I can stand the framerate for parkour. Especially since I've got no choice but to put up with it if I buy it digitally and play it some on Series S as well.

Crone

So I could do 2 , then go back and do 1? It's fun as hell to get in on release days.

It'd be like a prequel situation!!

Vorph

So I could do 2 , then go back and do 1? It's fun as hell to get in on release days.

It'd be like a prequel situation!!
DL2 is set 20 years after the events of DL1 so I doubt it will matter much. Might be hard to go back to the first game after getting used to the new features, that's about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
people are streaming, dunno how but I watched a few hours. Looks decent enough, Days Gone I think is a good comparison but this is more combat, co-op supported, and maybe the writing is a bit weaker. Everything seemed forgettable and generic. I'm pretty burned out on games and still never played Dying Light 1 so gonna pass, especially considering how decked this month is

- Sifu out next week
- Horizon Forbidden West out in 2 weeks
- some new Destiny xpac a few days later

and of course the monster Elden Ring out Feb 25th, with Gran Turismo 7 a week later.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Some of the reviews are saying its very buggy.. like Cyberpunk levels of bugs.

I completed Cyberpunk with only a couple of impactful bugs but I can't imagine that a lot of people will be happy if that is true.

Not sure what copy the reviewers got but:
View attachment 396339
Granted I played it on PS5 from the start, this was my experience with Cyberpunk as well. Once they fixed the CTD issues within a few days I had zero problems and I put a shitload of hours into it. Hoping for the same with this. I’m waiting to see ACG and ShillUp reviews mainly out of curiosity but at this point pretty sure I’ll be buying this tomorrow.

I believe the “tier 2_lol” embargo drops in 5 minutes. They also said they’ll be doing twitch drops.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The day 1 patch notes says that it fixes 1,000 bugs. I would hold off on buying this, unless you're a complete moron, based on that alone.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

1000 bugs fixed between mass production (or whenever the previous patch was) and release day doesn't really seem like anything out of the ordinary.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Usually you can't change anything when age rating is done. That is usually 2 months pre-launch.

Lots of bugs can be fixed between that and day one patch. Also this is the window where some DLC are being made.

1000 bugs is quite alot. But it depends of the severity.

Narth

<Donor>
DL2 went gold on november 27 (physical copies went into production). That's like a metric shit ton of time for bugfixes.
Reviewers got their build around 3 weeks ago. That's still plenty of time for fixes.

spronk

FPS noob
i played a bit of DL1 yesterday, 30 fps on PS5 sucks but the game is kinda bland and boring. The parkour kinda sucks on console, probably better on PC (60 fps). Everything I saw on stream said its basically more dying light 1 with QOL stuff and new chars, maps, etc obviously.

There are 3 item drops on twitch if you just watch a stream, can just mute and AFK away and grab em

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Looks like random audio/visual bugs for the most part from peeking at streams.

I have 25 of the next 30 traveling so can't even play at the moment so hopefully they patch it up solidly by that time.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
i played a bit of DL1 yesterday, 30 fps on PS5 sucks but the game is kinda bland and boring. The parkour kinda sucks on console, probably better on PC (60 fps). Everything I saw on stream said its basically more dying light 1 with QOL stuff and new chars, maps, etc obviously.

There are 3 item drops on twitch if you just watch a stream, can just mute and AFK away and grab em

The beginning can feel kind of bad when you don't know what you are doing, have not skills/weapons, and really haven't opened up the world. Once you get a little farther in and start gathering mats for better weapons and start going out at night it gets great. Hearing that it is more DL1 with QOL means i'll sink 60+ hours into it for sure. I have never had an experience in a video game like going out at night in this game. Until you are ultra powerful it feels genuinely terrifying.

• 1Like