E-Sim: World Sim Browser MMOG - Always Looking For New Players

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Get into IRC and hang out with bros. 90% of the game is actually in IRC!

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Actually you joined up under me, which is fine. Thanks for confirming here in the thread, made it easier to connect forum-to-game profiles.

I sent you some stuff and a mail.
That works too
smile.png
Thanks!

Azziane_sl

shitlord
If you don't want to screw with mIRC, you can use mibbit. Here's a nice hotlink to get into the south korean channel:http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.rizon....l=%23secura.sk

I use mibbit for all of my IRC stuff (except on my phone, then it's colloquy, but it actually works on my tablet too).
I have mIRC that's no problem. Was on for a bit earlier but there wasn't anything going on.

I actually don't understand the point. I assume eSIM is like other browser games I played before - you are limited to a few actions each day and then you come back a day later to see what happened since. Where does IRC come into play, besides me logging there and asking where I should be fighting next? I can see leaders discussing strategies and making plans there but not how that affects me (again besides me going there and ask what they decided).

Mr. Clean_sl

shitlord
eSK is known not just for fighting, but for fighting smartly. Not just dumping damage into a fight, but strategically placing damage where needed and IRC really helps leadership communicate where and when damage needs to be laid down. If your able to leave IRC open all day, it also lets you know when your damage is needed to log on, as opposed to just logging on once a day for 5 min and dumping it whereever your MU orders are set for.

Then there are also the free dongs! Its really about the dongs!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still missing a number of people from the MU upgrade fund. I'm not going to sweat it if you're level 7 or 8 and haven't kicked in, but if you've been around for a few months I'm pretty sure you can manage to cough up 5G.

The list is further up this page if you're wondering whether or not I have you marked as paid-up.

I have mIRC that's no problem. Was on for a bit earlier but there wasn't anything going on.

I actually don't understand the point. I assume eSIM is like other browser games I played before - you are limited to a few actions each day and then you come back a day later to see what happened since. Where does IRC come into play, besides me logging there and asking where I should be fighting next? I can see leaders discussing strategies and making plans there but not how that affects me (again besides me going there and ask what they decided).
You pretty much have the game figured out. If you wanted to do more then you'd need to get more involved in the "role play" aspects, otherwise there isn't much to do. IRC is 90% for the bullshitting.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You pretty much have the game figured out. If you wanted to do more then you'd need to get more involved in the "role play" aspects, otherwise there isn't much to do. IRC is 90% for the bullshitting.
Eh, it's more than just a "act now, see what happens tomorrow" game.
Who are you in game? I'd hope we could help you get more out of the game than the overnight wait. I did the same thing on Primera (the original server) and didn't really enjoy it because I treated it like a wait-and-see game, but once we restarted on Secura and I got active on IRC my enjoyment increased immensely.

Examples of why being on IRC is important beyond "role play":
Battles happen in real time, and quite often the damage will double within the last 2 minutes. Being on IRC allows for coordination of such fights. South Korea is small but pretty powerful. It's because we're tactical and our coordination is extreme.
Most of the businesses function over IRC: buying and selling is done more often at lower costs over IRC. It may not be the most profitable for the businesses, but most of them have some presence in the IRC trade channel.
Supplies are handed out for people who are active and on IRC. If you aren't on, you don't get free stuff.
Selection for Congressional candidature factors IRC activity pretty heavy. When laws need to be passed, it's expected to check in on IRC for what the voting should be.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Supplies are handed out for people who are active and on IRC. If you aren't on, you don't get free stuff.
For my first couple days I had no idea why, periodically, the entire IRC channel would be flooded with people saying "DONGS!" Then for a few I just said "DONGS" along with everyone else and then went back to whatever else I was doing. Eventually it dawned on me WTF was going on, lol.

FUCKING DONGS

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Dongs are always good.

My name is the current referral in the OP and I just wanted to say that if you join up under me I will take care of you completely until you are able to get on your own two feet and start really contributing. Message me in game or leave a message here letting me know so you can take full advantage. Takes a little time to ease into this game but it can be fun. Drago (Hippos) and others run and organize the SK government and the Military Units the way you would expect a group of MMO players to. Other countries are constantly admiring how well run SK is and it's because of the dedication of the SK players to know what needs to be known and to do what needs to be done. To me it has a similar appeal to the well oiled machines of large scale raiding guilds from EQ or WoW and it is fun to be a part of it.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I don't even
I might have clicked more than one sig to see people's eSim names. I might have filled one the form out randomly but could swear I saw Aogo's handle when I clicked your sig! I am not crazy.

There were also ants. Crawling in and out. Of places. Bad places.

Dear lord the ants.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have found AndChat to be much better than AndroIRC, but that's just comparing the free versions.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Erumaron using something, I gotta find something beyond mibbit for my nexus tablet.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Didn't realize Q1 weapons took out the -50% penalty on top of the 20% bonus to dmg. I blew my 40monies on guns and did a lot more damage than I thought I could @ about 550 per berserks.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dont worry about guns until you have over 350 or 400 str.

Honestly, just 2 click until you have 27gish to buy a Q5 house.