E3 2016

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
WiiU is a fun little system.
Honestly, it's probably the most used system in my house. (Have XBONE and kids 5 and 8). While there are some games my kids like on XBONE, i'm typically on the PC and then we play WiiU as a family and when friends come over. Nintendo has more selling power than just about anyone. If they could deliver on their exclusive and add some of the other IP's they've left behind (Metrioid, etc.) they could really do well with the NX. (as long as they stay away from the gimmick stuff)

Column_sl

shitlord
So far E3 is OK this year but not amazing.
That whats I was thinking. There was some cool games, but it didn't feel that great for an E3.

I expected really big announcements like Destiny 2, or the new IP from "From Software".

And shouldn't the Japanese be pumping out games like the old days since we are at the end of this consoles life cycle?
Felt pretty sparse.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dark Souls 3 only came out a few months ago. Typically they release one DLC then announce the new game.

spronk

FPS noob
The RDR sequel cut really hurt, that woulda been awesome. We already knew Destiny 2 wasn't being announced, since they just announced the xpac last week. I was really bummed no announcement of Mass Effect trilogy remaster or Assassin's Creed remaster. Wild Lands and Watch Dogs 2 looked a lot more fun than I thought it would be, although at this point there is always a big gap between what Ubisoft says/shows and what it delivers (Division, Unity, etc). PS VR was a mess, everything was "experiences" not real games and the delay of the PS 4K means its still all a bit fuzzy on how you are going to move from PS 4 to PS VR - buy VR in fall standalone, upgrade to PS 4k later or will there be package deals and will there be upgrade promos?

Nintendo was just sad all around with the exception of Zelda, but everyone knew that going in. Microsoft was sorta interesting and sorta not - Xbox One Slim is nice, but nothing any current owner cares about. Scorpion announced, but as expected Holiday 2017 means... who cares right now? Play Anywhere is great, but with only a handful of first party studio games this year it just applies to like 3 or 4 games - FH3, GOW4, ReCore, ?

This E3 was really just a setup for next years E3, where we should see meaty details on Scorpion, NX, ??? from Sony ???, and way more details on stuff like Scalebound, God of War 4, TLOU 2, Destiny 2, new Star Wars games, and the other games announced this year but not released till next year.

Still with FF15, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Mafia 3, Dishonored 2, The Last Guardian (!!!), Deus Ex, FH3, South Park, etc this year gonna be really awesome. Nothing about Kingdom Hearts I think, that was surprising?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems like all I have to look forward to this year is Dishonored 2, South Park, We Happy Few... slim pickings this year for my tastes. Maybe some nice Indie games will be out later that I don't know about yet.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Xbox Anywhere titles coming:

Gears of War 4
Dead Rising 4
Sea of Thieves
Forza Horizon 3
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Halo Wars 2
Recore
Crackdown 3
Phantom Dust
Cuphead
Slime Rancher
The Culling
Everspace
Ark: Survival Evolved

supertouch_sl

shitlord
That whats I was thinking. There was some cool games, but it didn't feel that great for an E3.

I expected really big announcements like Destiny 2, or the new IP from "From Software".

And shouldn't the Japanese be pumping out games like the old days since we are at the end of this consoles life cycle?
Felt pretty sparse.
Everything presented was far more interesting than a sequel to Destiny, one of the most disappointing games of all time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Destiny is the only game in the last 10 years that I actually traded in and got something else. Fuck Bungie.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
My opinions:

EA: I don't expect much out of EA, and even by that standard, I was probably underwhelmed. We'll see how long Titanfall's online player counts last, BF1 may as well be a skin, and little to no info on Mass Effect or the Star Warses. 4/10

Bethesda: Dishonored never worked for me. A game that's viable as stealth or straight combat just creates a stealth game with no penalty for failure. Dishonored 2 just sounds like more of the same, even if the architecture is relatively unique. Maybe Prey can fit into the now-vacated Dead Space slot? 5/10

Ubi: South Park somehow moves up to my "Most Anticipated for 2016" almost by default. Hopefully Watch_Dogs 2 delivers on more of what it promises this time around. 6/10

Microsoft: This warrants two scores. As someone only on PC this gen, I'm getting a ton of first party games now, even if Gears 4 looks utterly unremarkable. On the other hand, I see no reason to even buy a Scorpio. 8/10 for PC gamers, 0/10 for creating desire to buy an Xbox.

Sony: Same deal with two scores. For a PC gamer, it's nice you console peasants get to try out (my first) VR. For non-PC gamers, this is a ton of (console at least) exclusives that continue to leave no reason to even look at the Xbox brand. Days Gone's zombie fluids looked neat, but this was a terrible ending - I hope the Red Dead rumors are true. 5/10 for PC master racists, 9/10 for non-PC gamers.

Nintendo: Hey look, copies of Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2 finally made their way to Japan! That said, the interactivity those games provided, married with the Nintendo level of polish, does sound fucking fantastic. 9/10 for desire to buy an NX, 1/10 for changing my mind on skipping buying a Wii U.

spronk

FPS noob
you can get a bunch of free themes and shit for watching some videos and clicking some links on playstations E3 site. delivery in 7-10 days
Livecast

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I took back destiny too lol - I dont go to gamestop often but it was a special trip that time!
I bought the game + season pass digitally at release and never even downloaded either DLC.
frown.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I bought the game + season pass digitally at release and never even downloaded either DLC.
frown.png
I had year 1 + season pass and stopped after 4 weeks in vault until TTK and i bought it and played for another month before the same zZzZz BS - Not even going to consider Destiny 2 unless it has ScarJo butt naked on the cover and playable.

TCTD may be a flop but everytime something comes out i log in and do it a few times and put it back - Destiny couldnt keep me that hooked due to its shit being spread out by like 4-5 months.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
frown.png
Same here. I bought the boxed limited edition. I played a few weeks when it first came out and then didn't ever play the DLCs.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Destiny's game play is pretty much perfect. Anybody who argues against that and then proceeds to blow their load on overwatch is a fucking moron.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Destiny's gameplay was indeed fun...for a few weeks. I've never played Overwatch.