E3 2016

supertouch_sl

shitlord
If you have a solid gaming PC, what incentive is there to buy an Xbox? It seems like most of Microsoft's upcoming games will be available on both platforms.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Depends where you want to play your games (at PC or if PC is already attached to home theater/TV), interest in 4 games a month from gold, backward compatibility in general, ability to stream games to your PC, etc.

For many, their nice PCs are a reason not to, absolutely. I'm already streaming Madden to my PC every other night even though my couch and TV are in the next room, just easy to pick up the controller and play.

I'll be looking to trade in my Day 1 for a Slim. Smaller size also lends to being shifted to other TVs later in the life cycle compared to the huge OG One.

If the Neo improves on the PS4 streaming solution I'm probably in for one of those too at the right price too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you have a solid gaming PC, what incentive is there to buy an Xbox? It seems like most of Microsoft's upcoming games will be available on both platforms.
Shrug i have 2 980ti's in my pc and i only turn it on when i have to log into work remotely or to play the occasional game once a week. All my peeps i game with are on xbox, been that way since early days of the 360 and i dont see that changing.

Destiny's game play is pretty much perfect. Anybody who argues against that and then proceeds to blow their load on overwatch is a fucking moron.
Sure the game play is - if only game play alone could keep the game from being boring and repetitive after 3 weeks of the same thing over and over and over and over and over (x43) more times! There updates are far too spaced out.

The gunplay however is superb and thats why i stayed as long as i did.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Splatoon, Mario maker, captain Toad, bayonetta 2, windwaker HD....

Only issue with Nintendo is their good game never sell for cheap.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Destiny's gun play was great, the game had great graphics and it ran reasonably well. The story was ok, albeit extremely short. But that was it... it was over so soon. The PVP wasn't engaging to me, so what incentive was there?

It reminded me of the original Fable launch for the original Xbox. Molyneaux promised SO MUCH, and delivered a game that I beat in a single day. It was horse shit.

So yeah, I hated Destiny. Yeah, I hate a lot of games. I played almost every MMO that came out from like 1998 to 2006, you know the big MMO craze (PS1, AC1, AC2, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, EQ2, WoW, Tabula Rasa, Horizons, EQOA for PS2, I could go on and on); yet none of them stuck. I still play WoW and have an incredible fondness for Vanguard.

I bought into the Destiny hype and I was delivered a giant steaming pile of shit. I can't even understand why people still play it or crave for a sequel.

Comparing it to Overwatch is an insult. Overwatch is played by TEN MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE right now, and is basically the hottest competitive FPS since Counterstrike. It's blowing everything out of the water and probably blowing away Blizzard's expectations. All you need to do is go into the Overwatch thread and you'll see 95% of the people are enjoying it.

Destiny sucks ass.

Fadaar

That guy
Destiny and Titanfall both failed to live up to their massive hypes, but their sequels could be some of the best shooters ever if they can just do... more? I guess that would be the best way to say it. Take the already great gameplay and just do more with it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh man, Destiny is one of my favorite. Yeah it was short on content, but what they gave us is finally a good working model of a FPS MMO. Plus I loved the PvP, to me it was all about the PvP, yeah the raids were cool and all, but I could never do that shit over and over like I could the PvP.

The world was well done, the story was well done, the dungeons were well done and the gunplay? OMFG, AMAZING.

Anyway, Its a game where you play, put down, then pick up again when the next chunk of content comes out. And im ok with that for a console title. And Destiny 2 will be a preorder for sure for me, fuck Ill even buy the next sony console just to play this one game.

Few things to improve on....

Make world more open, larger areas that you can explore and shit.
Make everything be matchmaking, or at least give us tools to congregate in game like a LFG type bulletin board. I hated that I had to go to the web to set up groups for certain functions.
And of course the content, the content needs to be released way more than it was. Live team consisting of more than 10 people needs to happen.

Ultimately I would love to see a game like this on PC, I would even pay for it monthly if it was this good and with more content.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nahh man, Destiny is one of my favorite. Yeah it was short on content, but what they gave us is finally a good working model of a FPS MMO. Plus I loved the PvP, to me it was all about the PvP, yeah the raids were cool and all, but I could never do that shit over and over like I could the PvP.

The world was well done, the story was well done, the dungeons were well done and the gunplay? OMFG, AMAZING.

Anyway, Its a game where you play, put down, then pick up again when the next chunk of content comes out. And im ok with that for a console title. And Destiny 2 will be a preorder for sure for me, fuck Ill even buy the next sony console just to play this one game.

Few things to improve on....

Make world more open, larger areas that you can explore and shit.
Make everything be matchmaking, or at least give us tools to congregate in game like a LFG type bulletin board. I hated that I had to go to the web to set up groups for certain functions.
And of course the content, the content needs to be released way more than it was. Live team consisting of more than 10 people needs to happen.

Ultimately I would love to see a game like this on PC, I would even pay for it monthly if it was this good and with more content.
Calling Destiny an MMO when you sit in a tower with no ability to talk to those around you. Let alone the fact it's not a real HUB but a tiny sliver of the population. Destiny is an good shooter but a fucking abortion of an MMO.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Calling Destiny an MMO when you sit in a tower with no ability to talk to those around you. Let alone the fact it's not a real HUB but a tiny sliver of the population. Destiny is an good shooter but a fucking abortion of an MMO.
^^ This guy is correct.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
And my theory continues. Destiny hate stems from peeps sucking at its PVP. Because if your complaining about unfulfilled promises, you are playing the game wrong. RAIDS/PVP/TRIALSis what Destiny is now and has been for sometime. Yeah it got old after awhile, but to this day there isn't anything comparable on console.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can also say that not having anything comparable to Destiny, doesn't inherently make it a good game lol

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a very dull game to me

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And my theory continues. Destiny hate stems from peeps sucking at its PVP. Because if your complaining about unfulfilled promises, you are playing the game wrong. RAIDS/PVP/TRIALSis what Destiny is now and has been for sometime. Yeah it got old after awhile, but to this day there isn't anything comparable on console.
Oh this little fallacy again. I remember when McQuaid was touting how the MMORPG market was capped at 500k... And then World of Warcraft came out.

The same thing will happen here. At some point, another dev house that isn't full of shit will come out with a game like this that will completely blow the pop stands off the genre, and everyone will be looking back slaphapping their forehead wondering how the hell they were such suckers for Activision's bullshit.

I like to call this the prettiest ugly girl in the bar syndrome. Take some dude that lives his entire life in Blackduck Minnesota, and the normalcy there represents exactly that when it comes to the ladies IN Blackduck Minnesota. After 30 years the dude hops a flight to Vegas and goes to an Aria Pool Party and now knows how wrong he really was.

Destiny is the prettiest ugly chick in Blackduck. Yet to be named game is an Aria pool Party in Vegas. And you, vector5, are about 4 years away from booking your flight.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My hate doesn't stem from sucking at PVP, it stems from the game being a shallow puddle of gameplay.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
If they would at least have provided us with dedicated servers for the PvP I would somewhat agree with you, but since they did not (at least until I quit) the "omg the pvp is fantastic" is pure BS. Get in a game with a host that has a piss-poor connection and feel the rage build.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nothing about Kingdom Hearts I think, that was surprising?
There's a new trailer that just went up for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (it's the final prequel game before KH3 comes out). At the end of the trailer for that, it says that more KH3 info will be available in the winter. This trailer was released online the day E3 began, so I'm sure it was missed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
^^ This guy is correct.
Agree the total inability to talk to anybody not already in a group and having to use third party out of game apps for social features was pretty mindblowingly bad for anything trying to claim any part of MMO. Overally I still liked destiny but it clearly had a lot of content and story stuff carved out of it late in production which really made it a lot less coherent of a game than it should have been.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
I agree with most if not all of Destiny criticisms. I mean shit, I haven't played Destiny in like 5 months. It just grinds my gears when I see people slam its PVP, because it was the one thing aside from raids that they did right. I have no doubt that some game will learn the lessons that destiny has taught and produce a hit. But I will always remember where it started and not in a negative viewpoint.

Sorreh if I came off douchey in my last posts, I just have a lot of fond memories of Destiny's PVP/RAIDS. My friends and I had a lot of "moments of greatness" in that game, and for that I will defend its high points whilst still acknowledging it's lows.