E3 2017

Randin

Trakanon Raider
We're a little over week away, so it's time for the annual E3 thread. Here's the presentation schedule:

June 10
12 pm: EA

June 11
2 pm: Microsoft
9 pm: Bethesda
10 pm: Devolver Digital

June 12
10 am: PC Gaming
1 pm: Ubisoft
6 pm: Sony

June 13
9 am: Nintendo livestream

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm in the mood for a little baseless speculation. So, aside from the things we all know are going to be there (Scorpio, Spider-man, Assassin's Creed, etc.), here's some stuff I predict we might see:

• Bethesda has said they have a couple new IPs they've been working on, both of which will see the light of day before Elder Scrolls VI. I'd say the odds are good that we'll see one of them this year.
  • Microsoft is going to have a dearth of interesting exclusives, and is going to lean too much on the Scorpio to prop up their event.
  • It's been quite a while since we last heard from Sucker Punch. Rumors last year had them making the Spider-man game, which turned out to be wrong; we'll probably see them turn up this year.
  • We might see Rocksteady show up with whatever they've been working on.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 will have a trailer at one of the events.
  • Crystal Dynamics is working on that Avengers game; maybe they'll show something of it (although if they do, I wouldn't count on it being anything substantial).
  • Speaking of Marvel, at the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one other Marvel game partnership announced.

spronk

FPS noob
Sony will also multicast the E3 experience to theaters, i think tickets are sold out already but not sure it was a shit show yesterday when they first went up
PlayStation E3 Experience 2017: Live in Theaters June 12

i wouldn't really recommend going unless you can get tix and the theater is 10-15 mins away: you get a poster, a card, some digital loot (two years ago I got a division beta code and $5 PSN credit) but have to sit in a theater full of smelly nerds. Why bother when you can sit at home in your underwear drinking

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How do you actually get ticket, spronk? They have one for Dole Cannery in Honolulu, and I'd be down to go. But there's no clickable link. And when I go to fandango, it doesn't list this.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Chrono Break watch year 15. Oh wait SE only makes one game every 5 years and ff7r/kh3 are 2020 and 2025 already.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Apparently Devolver Digital is also going to be having a press conference at 10pm on the 11th. After some quick research to figure out who the fuck Devolver Digital is, it sounds like they're an indie games publisher, so I'm guessing that's what the event is going to be. Guess I'll add them to the schedule.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
They are a pretty good indie publisher, pretty much the only one worth not instantly ignoring on Steam these days. They published the new Shadow Warriors, Hotline Miamis and some of the Serious Sams off the top of my head. Their games are often on sale for dirt cheap and all of them are worth giving a try. Shadow Warrior 2 is pretty bland if you aren't doing it co op, it plays a lot like Borderlands while the first one was a single player focused fps with swordplay.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Devolver is one of the few publishers that actually brings out interesting games and is generally hands off letting those devs make their product, big fan of their business model. Basically the exact opposite of EA/Activision.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Skyrim VR sounds like an awesome idea, but I don't feel like the games where you have to walk around a lot have really been done well on VR (not sure how well they can really be done).

That's part of what makes the Star Trek VR so great, it nails so many cool elements and is fun but is 100% seated.

My wishlist of stuff that won't happen:

- Ubisoft Access (like EA Access)
- cross-buy w/ UPlay/Origin/Live
- SteamVR support for the Scorpio-supported HMDs
- Madden on PC (currently the annual 'oops, someone accidentally has it listed as coming for PC' is up, thanks Game Informer)

Edit: a good chunk of that unexpectedly blown up by news that MS won't be showing any VR or have any in stores this fall. I'm OK with that, medium still in relative infancy, and the HMDs they end up shipping are likely to be wireless now.

Microsoft won’t be demonstrating Xbox VR at E3 as it shifts focus to wireless headsets

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
upload_2017-6-6_13-47-36.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users