E3 2017

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
These conventions are so dumb nowadays. Bethesda is the only one that did something right with fallout IV releasing that same year? Hard to get pumped for games coming out in 2025.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
These conventions are so dumb nowadays. Bethesda is the only one that did something right with fallout IV releasing that same year? Hard to get pumped for games coming out in 2025.
How long ago was Crackdown 3 announced? It feels like that stupid bird dog Japanese game that took about a decade to come out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
How long ago was Crackdown 3 announced? It feels like that stupid bird dog Japanese game that took about a decade to come out.

Ya i'm also reminded of all the side by side comparisons of convention trailers vs real gameplay.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement of DOOM 2 out of Bethesda at E3 and more at Quakecon this year. That's if they announce a game. Most likely it's Skyrim for the 19th time or a Fallout 3 remake. DOOM was very clearly left open and the interviews those dudes at id have done in the past few months anytime someone mentions anything about the openended story they just say "We can't talk about that right now".

Not to mention they are already making id tech 7. With Bethesda being the big publisher for id nowadays I think there's a good chance that could be their announcement.

I know they're working on a new ES but it's highly unlikely they have anything to show for it this year, seems like it would be far too early.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
E3 has been fucking stupid for a decade. The 1st year, you could walk up and talk to developers, and play their offerings. I played the oricginal Command & Conquer that year with the guy who played Kane in the cut-scenes giving me info and tips.. Now everything is behind closed doors/press only, and the attendees get fuck all. Couple that with every major brand trying to out volume everyone else, and it becomes an 8+ hour headache.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's what GDC is for nowadays. It's pretty much all devs. E3 is for the big boy publishers.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I want to believe.

Bloodborne 2? Deep Down? – Sony CEO Teases Japanese Developer Game Reveals for E3

ASvUFS2.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Yes, Starfield is the new IP from Bethesda. ZeniMax filed a new trademark application for it couple years ago.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Starfield being a thing at this E3 isn't a surprise—hell, I called earlier that one of Bethesda's new IPs would show up—it having 'the Elder Scrolls' as a header, however, that's a little baffling.

Fedor

<Banned>
Bethesda Rumor: Starfield reveal at E3 2017; Elder Scrolls 6 details; Game of Thrones game in development

A new rumor has appeared on 4chan tomorrow from an unverified source that has detailed what might be one of Bethesda's E3 announcements, as well as a coming game.

According to the leaker, Salulard, Bethesda Game Studios - the devs behind Elder Scrolls and Fallout, not the publisher Bethesda Softworks, will be revealing Starfield at E3.

"The game has actually been in conceptual stages since around Fallout 3's release. It went into pre production officially very low tier pre-production after Skyrims Release. After Fallout 4's release it went into full pre-production and after all the DLC was out they sped into full development.

"The game is going to be a sci-fi open world RPG in typical Bethesda first person fashion. It's going to feature 5-10 races there's still some debate on what should and shouldn't go in and takes place in the Fallout universe just so far in the future and far away from Earth that it'll only be mentioned in hints. This is part of an ongoing planned interconnected universe of every Bethesda franchise. They gave hints of this by implying the Brotherhood of Steel created Nirnroot in Fallout 4. They're getting a little wacky with the lore and using "Elder Scrolls time wounds" to justify lore inconsistencies.

"Basically, Fallout is the beginning of the timeline, Starfield is the middle, and Elder Scrolls is Far Future."

"The game will feature space travel and hub worlds aswell as RNG worlds. It's meant to be a test into more sandboxy/Minecraft-ish AAA thing but with Bethesda gameplay and still actual designed worlds/quests/etc."

• 1Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the way the industry is I can't get excited for anything at any of these conferences. The game needs to come out, get good reviews, be recommended by a friend and spawn at least one meme before I'll be interested.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the way the industry is I can't get excited for anything at any of these conferences. The game needs to come out, get good reviews, be recommended by a friend and spawn at least one meme before I'll be interested.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I sincerely hope (and expect) that leak is bullshit. The idea of needing to narratively link Elder Scrolls and Fallout is so stupid I can barely deal with it.

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Okay, having read the stuff on 4chan, it's all such fanfic-y bullshit, there's essentially zero chance that the leak's legit.