E3 2017

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty solid info for price tag on scorpio is gonna be $499. Thats pretty good imo for launch price for a system that is pretty powerful, although with zero good exclusive games I'm really not sure why anyone who doesn't care about money would buy one

If Sony just cuts price on PS4 Pro this holiday to $299, even though the power differential between a pro and scorpio is big and scorpio will have 4k UHD playback i dunno if many people are gonna care that much, especially if sony has the exclusives like God of War, TLOU 2, Bloodborne 2, etc and also extras like Destiny 2 exclusive armor/strikes, Battlefront 2 exclusive DLC, etc.

If its just 500 id buy np at all - i prefer xbox live to psn hands down and i prefer the xbox controller to the ps4 as well - I have a ps4/pro and xbox as is so its no biggie.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Might get a PS4 pro if it drops that much.

Xbox one S is getting a price drop to $199 too

Nester

Vyemm Raider
MS needs more/better exclusives if it wants me to buy thier consoles.

all that power is useless without cool games I can't play now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I really can't figure out the MS endgame. Most serious gamers will most likely have a PC as powerful as Scorpio already or close to it and have pretty much every game worth playing on the system + PC exclusives.

I was completely bought in on the 360. Remains my second favorite system after the SNES, but I can't remember any big exclusives that weren't on PC aside from maybe some of the Halo and Gears games. Was ME exclusive at some point?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If Scorpio is running a true Windows OS and can run Steam then I'd see it being a great beefy HTPC, but we all know it won't.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
When does the MS press conference start? I have yet to buy a next gen system so I might be on board for Scorpio but $500 will be pretty steep if PS4 Pro is$300 at that point. Still, thr PS4 controller sucks if you have manhands like me. Xbox controller sooo much better.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah. I really can't figure out the MS endgame. Most serious gamers will most likely have a PC as powerful as Scorpio already or close to it and have pretty much every game worth playing on the system + PC exclusives.

I was completely bought in on the 360. Remains my second favorite system after the SNES, but I can't remember any big exclusives that weren't on PC aside from maybe some of the Halo and Gears games. Was ME exclusive at some point?

Depends, i have a dual 1080 pc a dual 980ti pc and i still play my consoles more mainly bc i can play in bed or on the couch - Honestly most serious gamers usually make enough to purchase anything they want anyways and have a multitude of choices to play games. MS may be slack on exclusives atm but every now and then something worth a shit pops up and its nice to not have to care which platform its on.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
MS needs more/better exclusives if it wants me to buy thier consoles.

all that power is useless without cool games I can't play now.

They better knock their demo's out of the park today or I don't know what the fuck is going to happen with MS.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like Anthem is going to be their big exclusive, but its release doesn't match up with Scorpio release, so they have to have something else lined up... maybe.

Edit: MS conference starts at 2pm PST.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Their end game is forward and backward compatibility, and more frequently iterated consoles. With Scorpio's release the Xbox One becomes the 'minimum requirements' for games just like PC titles.

It creates an ecosystem where In 15 years a fun indie like Super Meat Boy could be designed with Xbox One minimum requirements and run on all subsequent consoles and Windows devices (including phones).

Looking forward to it. I'm already enjoying the Play Anywhere titles and most of the console gaming i do otherwise is multi-platform titles.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
DCEZy1KUIAAGbcS.jpg

DCEZy1KUIAAGbcS.jpg