Echo of Soul - CB

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The downloader installs there, the game installs wherever you want after that.
it defaults the download files to the programdata folder like a lot of apps do (blizzard etc) It's also another setting you can change to use a different drive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nope, you never mentioned that both the download location and the install location can be customized independently.
rolleyes.png

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Played for about 6 hours tonight. Took me a while to get used to the combat as I have been playing a free trial of Wildstar lately. Once I got used to it again it was so relaxing though. Nice to be able to just veg out playing a MMO. Even though this is an old style game with nowhere near the content or production quality of Wildstar I actually like it more. Wildstar is just too busy. You can never just sit back and relax. This game is the total opposite. I dont even have to spam any buttons. Just right click on mob and auto attack will down it in half a dozen hits or so. The only time you have to pay attention is the end boss in the solo instance. It has a telegraph you have to dodge. And you have to interrupt its cast bar at one point. Both mechanics give you several seconds to react as well. So easy.

EOS is definitely not an AAA title but I'm enjoying it for what it is. Which is more than I can say for any other recent MMORPG with the exception of FFXIV.

And does the sorc ever get better? Played it to 15 and it kind of sucked. Switched over to the archer class and it just feels way more powerful.

WageSlave

Can someone explain gem combining. I've been combining gems just fine up to now but when combining +5 into +6 i get a popup saying I need to buy a safeguard for real $$$ or I could lose my gems. Someone told me in game that +6 never fails and to skip the safeguard. According to the text description safeguards only work to +7. So gem combining is free to +6, real $$$ at +7, and then totally RNG with the chance to lose your gems after that? Is this right?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can someone explain gem combining. I've been combining gems just fine up to now but when combining +5 into +6 i get a popup saying I need to buy a safeguard for real $$$ or I could lose my gems. Someone told me in game that +6 never fails and to skip the safeguard. According to the text description safeguards only work to +7. So gem combining is free to +6, real $$$ at +7, and then totally RNG with the chance to lose your gems after that? Is this right?
its safe untill u get the pop up message that state that it isnt, and that you need the adequate item to increase the chance of combining. Lvl 6 aint safe, but ihad all my gear in lvl 7 gems, failed in total like 2 +6 combines and 2 +7 combines, not too bad really. Anyway dont sweat too much, cause basically the dull gems going to become useless once you start getting item over ilvl 60 or so (and that is around lvl 55+).

At that point you will need lucid jewels to replace the dull ones. Also the daily quests at 60 start to get very grindy, 100 mobs kill x quest etc...,

WageSlave

Currently level 32 on my archer and the new solo dungeon just destroys me. Huge spike in difficulty. I may take a break and level something slightly more tankier...

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Currently level 32 on my archer and the new solo dungeon just destroys me. Huge spike in difficulty. I may take a break and level something slightly more tankier...
Hmm think u must be doing something wrong, i had zero problem on my archer (huntress spec) with the solo dungeons. It is only a bit slow the first run till u get some items, but if u keep your gear up to date also with gemming u should have zero problems untill u reach 60 (that is for every classes mostly). Archer has also cc, so unless u screw up and aggro lot of mob, it should be fine. Bosses should be a joke anyway.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I'm enjoying tab targeting. Cruised to level 10 and I'm curious what the solo dungeons are going to be like as an assassin.