Echo of Soul - CB

Teljair_sl

shitlord
New MMO just entering closed beta.

http://www.echoofsoul.us

Yes, it's another Korean MMO. A lot of the guys who made L2 worked on this, it's very popular in Korea. I read somewhere it's more popular than ArcheAge and TERA combined, no idea if there is truth to it.

I've been playing the last couple of days, it's not horrible IMO, though I like Korean MMO's. Let me know if you're playing or will be checking it out, for those of you afraid of humiliation by posting on the forums just PM me. If there is enough interest I may start a guild.

----------

Guild is made in game CashShopPirates -http://cashshoppirates.enjin.com/home

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
A few months ago Teljair pointed this game out to me said he was interested in it. I clicked on it and raffed at him and said no more korean games. A month ago he said it was going into CBT and you can pay $20 bucks to get in and asked if I would play with him. I said sure why not. Then he reminded me a few days ago that it launched so I loaded this dumb game up.

It's not half bad for what it is and it kind of reminds me of Aion. Here is a laundry list of shit about this game.

Leveling is fast, like the 12X Aion EMU Servers.
There is skill/animation lock, but it's not obnoxious. I kind of like it. It makes pvp more bare-able.
You can PVP up to cap at about the same pace as PVE. You can also buy gear too.
This game has a built in fucking damage meter. It's pretty rad.
UI is nice.
Dungeon finders and such. Even in CBT the PVP/Dungeon queues pop fast
There are no healers!
There are no healers.
There are no healers, this better not be shitty like GW2. I don't think it is.
There will be 40 and 20 man raids
There supposedly is a solo dungeon progression path.
There are infinite dungeons where you just endless grind for loot and awards. There are like a million difficulty levels.
Every dungeon is times and the scoreboard for times is displayed right in your face. It's pretty rad. Your time and your best time are floating in your UI all the time while in the dungeon.
There are 5 classes, each class has two paths with their own skills. So almost 10 classes.
It's korean, so there is a pedophile little girl class.
It's korean, so there is a big ass big titty class.

The game is pretty huge, and there are a shit load of features and shit to do. Guild arenas, 15 man/5 man BGs. 5 man arenas etc. Raids, solo dungeons, infinite dungeons.

It is tab target combat though.

If you don't mind PVE on rails, it's worth checking out I think. At least for $20 bucks or if you can find a key online for free. If you're looking for an MMO it might keep you occupied for a week or so.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Looking through some of their store and shit I see dungeon tickets. Can you only do X dungeons a day then you have to pay money for tickets to do them?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Me neither. There is a level 17 "Hero" dungeon which is a harder version of the level 12ish version. Both are solo dungeons. I ran the Hero one 20 times last night (my best time was 3m 35s) for gear. I have no idea what tickets are.

They might be tickets to reset dungeons that are on a lockout like raids or someshit. Who knows.

That's another thing about this game. It's completely unknown, so if you're one of those people who like games that are a mystery, here you go. No one knows fuckall about this game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well applied to the beta, not gonna pay to play it though, already have shit I'm playing atm.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I applied as well. Looks neat enough to try. Always curious to try the "no healer" games.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the tickets are only for the bound dungeons (group ones), you run the solo versions ad much as you want AFAIK. I might have couple keys to give out, will check after work.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Just c/p this from in game

sMbEeQq.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Here is my take on classes so far. I leveled up the Guardian, Rogue and Archer to 20+ each. Since it's CBT and there will be a wipe, I'm just messing with stuff. I have not done any group PVE but I've been doing battlegrounds and stuff.

Guardian:
Earth Guard - This is a very very powerful class. You are very tanky, and you are almost unkillable in both PVP and PVE. Your damage is very low however. You have a pull on a 30s cooldown and a AOE pull on a longer cooldown and shorter range. Outside that, you are not very mobile, you have no gap closers. You have to walk into combat and hopefully you get there and cause some havoc. You also do a bit of debuffing and buffing like a WOW Vanilla Paladin.

Storm Guard - I tried this out briefly. Some mobility, some control and some AOE damage. Very crit reliant. Not as strong imo, but I have very very limited knowledge of this one.

Rogue:
Assassin - This is essentially a poison based, DOT class. You set up your dots and you can explode them for a big damage spike. Not much survivability and probably really good in PVE and targets that don't die fast. There are some "draining" skills that heal you but they aren't very powerful. Not much CC either.

Duelist - This guy has potential. Lots of crit, lots of mobility and movement. Good CC. I think I'm going to explore this one a bit more.

Archer
Bard - Only played the bard for a bit. Good damage, some slows, but no real hard CC (so far). Lots of micro with casting songs .. kind of like stance dancing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Bard sounds my speed from that list. Unless Guardian has a DPS spec (ret paladin style).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Dungeon Tickets makes me think this is going to be a microtransaction hell game. The videos look cool though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are no healers (aside from a Bard's AoE healing song(weak)), but everyone can use a Party heal scroll, which is rather cool. You'll get these as drops / rewards / vendors, the UI has a slot for you to equip them (default hotkey is Y). There are two ways to use the scrolls. The party window has a red cross next to each members name, if you click it, you'll use a scroll to heal that person. You can also assign a primary heal target so you can just use a hotkey (Y, or any hotkey slot you drop the scroll into), so that you just press the key and that person is healed.

Some other systems that are somewhat interesting-

Food: Eating food has a couple benefits depending on the type you eat; there are the standard types that give hour long buffs to HP, DEF, Evasion, etc., then there is a system that is based on Energy / Satiety. These foods give you a certain amount of Energy for a certain lvl of Satiety, you can have 5k Energy / 1k Satiety, the better the food, the higher Energy / Satiety ratio you'll get. All your skills will use some Energy, so you'll run out eventually. At max Energy you'll have like +10% HP / +10% Atk, but there are no downsides to not using that food. There is a Chef craft, and right now, you can easily get to the point where you can make 675/200 food, but you can also buy that food for 1sp (I think prices might change later...everything is 1sp it seems).

Souls: Every mob you kill gives you 1 Chaos Soul. These need to be "purified" in order to become the resource that you use to grant yourself a nice buff (5 different ones to use) on a 2min timer. To purify souls you need to be a town or camp, or you can ask another player to "co-op purify", using the CoOp version will earn each player more purified souls than using the default system in town (CoOp can be used anywhere). When you purify, each of the buffs get a certain number of Souls, not sure what determines how many each Buff gets though.

Leveling: There appears to be 3 ways that people can level, depending on what they like to do; Questing, PvP, Hunting. The quest path is the standard we're all used too - follow the Story and do quests at various places. Using the PvP path just means doing the arenas/bg's, you'll lvl up just as fast and the gear you can get is just as good as quest / random drops. The Hunting path sounds pretty boring, but it can be a nice change of pace from the other two. There are various hunting grounds throughout the world / lvl ranges where you can do repeatable quests that give you XP and Badges. These areas have normal mobs and elites, which drop the quest item you need (elites drop more). The badges are used to buy gear, the "green" gear is just as good as quest rewards / drops, while the "blue" gear is about as good Solo dungeon gear (but no set bonus, and not as good as Heroic Solo (I think)). I took my Guardian (Stormguard) into the lvl19 hunting ground (bunch of slutty cat ladies) at lvl21, made 2 lvls really quick (maybe an hour) while I had a double xp buff up). Getting gear via this path seems really, really bad compared to just running a Solo dungeon, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Fun game for what it is, though I don't like the movement system much. No free look sucks.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dungeon Tickets makes me think this is going to be a microtransaction hell game. The videos look cool though.
Oh, no doubt about that. Its being run by Aeria Games...almost as bad as Nexon. ;p

They will charge you for everything. The only way to talk to other people in your zone or server is via "loudspeakers" which are cash shop items. Bag space is also pretty limited given the amount of items that drop and small stack sized (20).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There are no healers (aside from a Bard's AoE healing song(weak)), but everyone can use a Party heal scroll, which is rather cool. You'll get these as drops / rewards / vendors, the UI has a slot for you to equip them (default hotkey is Y). There are two ways to use the scrolls. The party window has a red cross next to each members name, if you click it, you'll use a scroll to heal that person. You can also assign a primary heal target so you can just use a hotkey (Y, or any hotkey slot you drop the scroll into), so that you just press the key and that person is healed.

Some other systems that are somewhat interesting-

Food: Eating food has a couple benefits depending on the type you eat; there are the standard types that give hour long buffs to HP, DEF, Evasion, etc., then there is a system that is based on Energy / Satiety. These foods give you a certain amount of Energy for a certain lvl of Satiety, you can have 5k Energy / 1k Satiety, the better the food, the higher Energy / Satiety ratio you'll get. All your skills will use some Energy, so you'll run out eventually. At max Energy you'll have like +10% HP / +10% Atk, but there are no downsides to not using that food. There is a Chef craft, and right now, you can easily get to the point where you can make 675/200 food, but you can also buy that food for 1sp (I think prices might change later...everything is 1sp it seems).

Souls: Every mob you kill gives you 1 Chaos Soul. These need to be "purified" in order to become the resource that you use to grant yourself a nice buff (5 different ones to use) on a 2min timer. To purify souls you need to be a town or camp, or you can ask another player to "co-op purify", using the CoOp version will earn each player more purified souls than using the default system in town (CoOp can be used anywhere). When you purify, each of the buffs get a certain number of Souls, not sure what determines how many each Buff gets though.

Leveling: There appears to be 3 ways that people can level, depending on what they like to do; Questing, PvP, Hunting. The quest path is the standard we're all used too - follow the Story and do quests at various places. Using the PvP path just means doing the arenas/bg's, you'll lvl up just as fast and the gear you can get is just as good as quest / random drops. The Hunting path sounds pretty boring, but it can be a nice change of pace from the other two. There are various hunting grounds throughout the world / lvl ranges where you can do repeatable quests that give you XP and Badges. These areas have normal mobs and elites, which drop the quest item you need (elites drop more). The badges are used to buy gear, the "green" gear is just as good as quest rewards / drops, while the "blue" gear is about as good Solo dungeon gear (but no set bonus, and not as good as Heroic Solo (I think)). I took my Guardian (Stormguard) into the lvl19 hunting ground (bunch of slutty cat ladies) at lvl21, made 2 lvls really quick (maybe an hour) while I had a double xp buff up). Getting gear via this path seems really, really bad compared to just running a Solo dungeon, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Fun game for what it is, though I don't like the movement system much. No free look sucks.
There is a heroic solo dungeon you can run (i mentioned it) and I was able to spam it with my Earth Guard and got a 7/8 set of blue gear for both of the specs. The xp wasn't that great, but the gear lasts 8 or so levels and I spent maybe 30 minutes grinding it.