Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Oldbased

> Than U
ehh, my impression was always that he killed the omega earlier in the day compared to when he killed the alpha (remember this was early in the morning, before the invasion happened. Reseting from there brings him back earlier than his original point. It makes sense that way.
Well the aliens had been resetting all along to win, but since Cruise's was within the reset, every reset he did all combined together was within just 1 reset of the aliens, hence they couldn't stop him. Least that is how I took it. When he lost it, he managed to kill them but it still reset. We have probably to be honest put too much thought into all this cause Hollywood.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I didn't really think it through, because it doesn't make much sense in the end, and the more you think about it the more it falls apart. It's magic. The end.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
manga ending makes more sense, no weird ass
travel to the govt building
travel to the town
travel to the hydroplant

but then it's a movie and ppl were probably thinking, theres only so many times you want to super mario bros start at lvl 1-1 again, so theres possibly that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the last leg of the film Tom Cruise, having no reset ability, is pretty much standard indestructible action guy and it got me thinking that from the gurney onward the Full Metal Bitch has the reset powers again. You see her fight another of the transmitter class 1v1 and I think that the first time through everything went pear-shaped but she was able to die covered in its blue goo. That's how she got out of the gurney restraints so quickly. She's done it a zillion times. "What, it took you longer than three minutes" or however he taunt goes when Cruise is knocks his gurney over kinda fits into that. It also explains why Cruise was still action awesome. She was taking the actions necessary to make it work out given his combat prowess. He probably got himself killed acting like he was unstoppableconstantly.He also probably fought worse if she told him she had reset ability. I SWEAR TO CHRIST I TELL YOU I'VE REGAINED THE POWER AND YOU STOP TRYING EVERY GODDAMN TIME

I really doubt it's the case even if it kinda fits. It would be cool though.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
It did seem gay how it took them 500 whatever tries to get off the beach and the aliens would wtfpwn them constantly, but as soon as he loses the reset ability, the aliens turn into red shirts that can't figure out which end of their dicks to point in his direction.

iannis

Musty Nester
In the last leg of the film Tom Cruise, having no reset ability, is pretty much standard indestructible action guy and it got me thinking that from the gurney onward the Full Metal Bitch has the reset powers again. You see her fight another of the transmitter class 1v1 and I think that the first time through everything went pear-shaped but she was able to die covered in its blue goo. That's how she got out of the gurney restraints so quickly. She's done it a zillion times. "What, it took you longer than three minutes" or however he taunt goes when Cruise is knocks his gurney over kinda fits into that. It also explains why Cruise was still action awesome. She was taking the actions necessary to make it work out given his combat prowess. He probably got himself killed acting like he was unstoppableconstantly.He also probably fought worse if she told him she had reset ability. I SWEAR TO CHRIST I TELL YOU I'VE REGAINED THE POWER AND YOU STOP TRYING EVERY GODDAMN TIME

I like that. Oh, it was bigger so he went back an extra day was as much thought as I put into it. That last three minutes of the movie was extraneous, but you can't have Tom cruise stay dead. That's probably crazy bad for your thetans.

It does fall apart a bit at the end, but that really doesn't detract from it much. It wasn't like primer.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
The movie really is an amazing achievement. Watching that video really makes you appreciate how difficult it must be to make movies these days. EoT and Guardians are the two best movies of the year, and nothing else is even close.
Visually it was awesome, the plot and the ending were are cheesy & shitty as one could expect.

Arakkis

N00b

This would have been a really cool reveal near the end, just before they jump into the pond. Unfortunately, Hollywood ideas don't usually improve a movie by adding plot layers.

Could someone link the manga again? I went back 10 or so pages and didn't see it. Did I miss a link?

I didn't say I know nothing about it you fucking moron. I said I didn't know much. So kindly go fuck yourself and pray to whatever bullshit you believe in.
Please God, help Abefroman post better.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Nah brah, your monitor is flipped, someone's playing a prank on you, chill.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Anyways I am curious how TG2 will turn out,
If you're going to talk about other movies in a movie thread, have the decency to not use ambiguous fucking acronyms. Especially when you're talking about someone who has made more movies than any normal person could possibly remember.

every grammy (is that the music one) country singer/rapper/autotune bitch winner, always thanks god for whispering words into their ears.
I rarely watch award shows, but I saw a Christian band getting an award once, and they thanked everyone but God. So, secular artists are closer to God than non-secular?

I also didnt understand why he was able to go back even further in time, at the end, when he got the power back..? was it because he didnt have some alien force working against him?
Because he killed that last one earlier in the day than when he killed the first one. Remember they went to hunt the thing down the night before the invasion, so it was killed sometime before they hit the beach. In the initial story line, he was knocked out after his meeting with the general and woke up in basic training. So it was only a few hours difference.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah... if that was it, then the omega would be alive again and nothing would be over, Rock. Or maybe not since the omega was the wiring behind all of the time jumps, which wouldn't explain how he went back in time. Either way, shit is cray.