Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'd give it a solid 7/10 has all the normal stuff you would expect from a tom cruise action flick. One of following two things could have made it much better, less grab ass and more action, OR less action and more Bill Murray.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I loved it. It was pretty much everything I expected it to be. While I would never say no to Bill Murray in a movie, it had just the right blend of action and story (and enough humor in the right spots) for me. It had enough to balance out the truly depressing parts with at least a glimmer of hope. I don't want to spoil any of the movie so I won't say any more, but I would say this is probably one of my favorite movies of the past few years. I'm not sure that it was better than Captain America 2 (probably not), but it was just about perfectly what I wanted to see in a sci-fi/action movie. Sure, I'd love to see Warhammer 40K, but I knew that's not what this was, and I'm totally fine with that. I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was.

Also, Emily Blunt now needs to be in more action movies instead of shitty romcoms. That's probably about as close to a Sister of Battle I'll see in live action, and she was perfect for it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cruise is a crazy fuck and i certainly do not agree with that Scientology shit but he is a good actor.

I don't generally enjoy musicals but I liked Rock of Ages so much I bought it. It also has everyone actually singing their own parts in it with out enhancements. Cruise took voice lessons for 4 months for his part.
Also I had not read any of the Jack Reacher novels but I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to this.

Oldbased

> Than U
Hmm being it has been so long since I been to the movies, is there any way of knowing which between Regal and Great Escape which theatre will have the better seats/sound and so forth? I went to both websites but didn't see anything as far as the specs of the theater. Or are all theaters somewhat created equal these days? Used to be a big difference between them.

Hmm both owned by same company it appears now. So I am guessing the one built 10 years ago may be better.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
if you wanna see a dude who has totally stopped trying check out bruce willis.
MV5BMzg2Mjg1OTk0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ4MTA3Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
nah

Also Rock of Ages was some gay shit. Anyone should feel bad for liking it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm being it has been so long since I been to the movies, is there any way of knowing which between Regal and Great Escape which theatre will have the better seats/sound and so forth? I went to both websites but didn't see anything as far as the specs of the theater. Or are all theaters somewhat created equal these days? Used to be a big difference between them.

Hmm both owned by same company it appears now. So I am guessing the one built 10 years ago may be better.
Theaters specifically do not list their specs due to the IMAX Digital scams that existed since before Avatar came out. I was dragged out to see Maleficent in a Regal IMAX theater (I didn't have to pay for it) and I can confirm they're still using the shitty dual 2K projectors and charge $18 for it. That's why I go to the Cinemark XD theater for 4K resolution and three bucks cheaper.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you want theatre reviews? try yelp, that's how i found my current theatre was recently renovated and upgraded to super lazy boy recliners, going to fandango it also shows that it reserved seating as well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Without actually going to both, or knowing someone that has, your best bet is usually the newer one. Unless recently renovated (which doesn't happen very often), theater seats eventually get pretty nasty in older theaters. Newer ones will probably be in better shape, and more comfortable (and less smelly). Obviously one might have better technical specs, but as you've found that is difficult to actually discover.

I now go to a theater further away most of the time because it has newer, more comfortable seats. The old one I went to, that is more convenient, has started smelling like a D&D store. It is too distracting, and nasty, to sit there and smell BO the entire time. And for some reason the newer, nicer theater lowered there prices too, so now it is never more than $7 a ticket, which is pretty fucking low here in California.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Thought this was very good. Good balance of action and humor, good pacing of the movie.

I thought at the ending they were going to

Reset the day all the way back before the asteroid even hit. See Tom Cruise in his advertising firm and a news report about a near miss of an asteroid.

Highly recommend.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The best thing about this town I just moved too is a 2 year old theater where the ticket prices are 4 dollars matinee and 6 dollars evening. Large soda is 3 bucks. Going to see Edge of Tomorrow there this weekend!

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
We had one of ours in town finish renovations. Reclining lazy boys, reserved seating, can purchase online (it's not a chain theatre that uses fandango etc) and Tuesdays all movies are 5 bucks.

Brad2770

Everything you liked in Groundhog Day plus action. The Aliens were pretty badass too.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
The best thing about this town I just moved too is a 2 year old theater where the ticket prices are 4 dollars matinee and 6 dollars evening. Large soda is 3 bucks. Going to see Edge of Tomorrow there this weekend!
Dafuq? Did you move to 1984?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's weird. Literally all the other theaters I have been too in this state are normal prices but this place is dirt cheap. Saw pacific Rim there over the summer last year and bought two large sodas and med popcorn for 10 bucks. It's awesome.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah I have a 100 yeat old theater in my village (moved out of the city into Ski Country) - Probably the place they had news reels in WW2, but now I can see the Hobbit for 6 bucks a person and large drink and nachos plus a small drink and twizzlers for wifey for like 12 bucks - Rarely see a film plus snacks for over 25. They are typically a family place so this week is Malififtycent - but when my nerd ass wants to see Hobbit, Tin Tin, Etc I go there.