Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So how does it end in the manga? Noble Sacrifice of one or both of them? That seems like it would be the Japanese theme.

Edit: Just read the wiki on it. Yep, that's as Japanese as raw fish. I would have even been happy if they'd ended with an western version of the noble sacrifice but that version they list in the wiki is very dark indeed.
there is no going to human base/special weapon/power station. something something, kill the big antenna guy, but the backup antenna is each other, as in the backup antenna for cruise is blunt and blunts backup antenna is cruise, one of them must die. they duel, cruise wins, they are out of the time loop and proceed to the next day with blunt dead, at this point she is the super super hero, where most soldiers die or barely gets a kill, blunt has killed thousands, she kills so much she needs a warhammer 4k axe to kill b/c she runs out of ammo, and she has her own personal mech suit tech girl. cruise has basically copied her, and he inherits everything

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This was a really good movie. Like, I want to hate Tom Cruise because boo Scientology and whatever, but the man makes quality movies.

Oldbased

> Than U
Cruise usually spends a TON of time prior to filming for his movies. This one he spent 6 months so he could wear that 100ish lb suit so they wouldn't have to CGI it.
He also throws massive expensive after filming parties for all the crew on every movie and stuff like that most actors don't.

Aside from being a partial nut he puts in more effort and cares about the normal people working on his movies than most.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never considered him to be any more or less crazy than any other religious person.

Oldbased

> Than U
This is true. Regardless he makes good Scifi imo. I didn't care much for the MI series or the Jack Preacher, mostly in that case due to the fact he was nothing like Jack in the books in appearance and stuff so I thought it was bad casting, but Oblivion, EoT, Tropical Thunder for his LOLs, Eyes wide shut for titties and Days of Thunder cause well redneck I enjoyed.

I am probably the only idiot on the planet that thought Top Gun was just ok when it came out, not bad but nothing holy.
I actually enjoyed Iron Eagle series more, mostly due to family being a actor in the first one.

Wow the database error ate the last of my post.
Anyways I am curious how TG2 will turn out, as we know he'll put everything into it while Hollywood is just looking for a money grab.
TBH I think he is used by Hollywood more often than not when they want to make a shitty movie pull enough money to break even. I don't think he is taken seriously enough there.

I didn't care much for his Sci Fi version of War of the Worlds, but that was mostly due to script and direction. Steven Spielberg has been over rated in quite a few movies lately.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Till minority report, he has done a ton of good movies and some bad (A.I. for example). After that, it's all bullshit (haven't seen Lincoln though)

Oldbased

> Than U
I actually liked Terra Nova even if it didn't get picked up past season 1.
The rest of his movies scheduled is all the same ole shit.
More Transformers, more Indiana Jones, another Jurassic movie and Gremlins coming back wtf.

The Lovely Bones while depressing as fuck was actually well done.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I actually liked Terra Nova even if it didn't get picked up past season 1.
The rest of his movies scheduled is all the same ole shit.
More Transformers, more Indiana Jones, another Jurassic movie and Gremlins coming back wtf.

The Lovely Bones while depressing as fuck was actually well done.
Spielberg has served as the producer of countless projects and likely hasn't had any creative input on them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why does Tom Cruise get shit for his made up religion more then other actors with their made up religions? Let's face it, the difference between a cult and a religion is time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think he just got pegged when he kind of lost it on Oprah, and ditching Nicole Kidman for Katie Holmes I'm all okay seems legit. Then some crazy kid-scientology antics and Katie 'disappeared,' I dunno. He seemed to be a target there for a bit. Seems a cool movie guy though and mostly enjoy everything he's attached to.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That is anymore retarded then any other religion?
Yeah, it really is. The whole concept of paying to play and the cult mentality towards those outside the org, yeah it is worse.

I mean yeah, religion as a whole is stupid. But some are more stupid than others.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Scientology believe aliens came to Earth in this:

DC-8_72_overflight.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, it really is. The whole concept of paying to play and the cult mentality towards those outside the org, yeah it is worse.

I mean yeah, religion as a whole is stupid. But some are more stupid than others.
I will admit that I don't really know that much about his religion, I just don't see him doing anything really horrible and he seems to get a lot of shit. I also think the foundatiion of all religions is just so fucking retarded that I never gave much thought to who was more retarded. There are a lot more fucked up and weird people in hollywood then him and they seem to get a pass.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Mormons and Catholics?Islam?