Eight Values

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
The results are in and Hillary Trump wins. Wait what? Who wrote this shit!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
index.png

I think I went too soft and probably need to be gassed tbh

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I took it the first time and got this:
mod-con.png

Then I worked out and took it again and got this:

neo-lib.png

More muscle makes you Neolib!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I think there is very little difference between mod conservative and neo liberal. Like none really the creators of survey likely didn't want to class so many as mod conservative so they made up neo liberal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's just straight up Market Liberalism. Labelling that configuration "Neoliberal" is pretty much just lazy editorializing.

ACTUAL Neoliberals like the DLC-minted 90's types of Clinton and Blair were NOT neutral but more authoritarian on civil liberties and were generally right-of-center on social policies too. Clinton privatized energy, passed Welfare-to-Work and is notorious for his mass incarceration policies against urban "superpredators", which dogged Hillcunt as recently as last year's campaign. That's something BLM got right and every other black race-baiter in the 90's got wrong about their "first black president".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
These tests are always frustrating because you never really know if you're supposed to answer the question based on the reality it defines or if you're supposed to go a level down and try to apply the parameters to the real world first.

A great example is, "A nuclear bomb has been planted in a city and you have in custody someone who knows where it is, is it morally acceptable to torture them to try and get the bomb's location?" The level 1 answer is yes, of course it is, because in the reality defined by the question, you know for sure there's a bomb and that this guy knows about it. The level 2 answer, on the other hand, is that it's not acceptable, because in the real world you're never sure there actually is a bomb, you're never sure the person actually knows where it is, you're never sure whether the torture will result in useful information, and most importantly, you don't know if your government is telling you the truth about all these things.

The same goes for something like, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." The level 1 answer is of course you want this, because in the reality defined by the question, you're actually going to get both of things and have a utopia, because the question says you will. The level 2 answer, of course, is that you don't want it because in the real world human nature applies and you'll never actually implement that for real.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. That question was basically, "So do you want some commie points or what?"

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, that question was horseshit. I disagreed Strongly.

Today's society has a tough time discerning "Need" from "Want".

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
That question is Marxism.
LOL a couple years ago I would've assumed everyone would know where that quote came from. But after reading these asspolyps' recent postings, I'm not so sure.

Although Tolan Tolan would totally get it right. He'd even know the exact Bernie rally it's taken from.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users