Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically that it was confirmed there would be invasions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it is basically gonna be Dark Souls 4 without being called Dark Souls 4. They could have very easily said we got GRRM to write the story for DS4 and peopale would have creamed themselves. But one understands their thinking. Instead of milking just one IP now they're gonna have two IP's

pretty much everything they say is "like in Dark Souls" or "similar what is in Dark Souls"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
it is basically gonna be Dark Souls 4 without being called Dark Souls 4. They could have very easily said we got GRRM to write the story for DS4 and peopale would have creamed themselves. But one understands their thinking. Instead of milking just one IP now they're gonna have two IP's

pretty much everything they say is "like in Dark Souls" or "similar what is in Dark Souls"

People are creaming themselves regardless. DS fans will be buying this just like they would be buying it if it was called DS4.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Good of them to move onto a new universe after three Dark Souls.

• 3Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hard to say how this will actually play, but was really hoping for a new IP with BB combat/mechanics. I loved all 3 DS games, but BB stands head and shoulders above them all for me.

Actually, just re-release BB with improved framerate and graphical upgrades and sell it for $60 and I'm in day 1.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The badass werewolf hooked me hardcore. Hope there is plenty of that shit in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Good of them to move onto a new universe after three Dark Souls.

I’ll try and dig it up but saw a quote from GRRM saying Elden Ring is a sequel to dark souls

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like a dissonant quote for Martin, being as how Miyazaki never explicitly states congruity, it's only inferred.

“Actually, it's considerably different. I've played some video games. I'm not a great video game player. But the game is called 'Elden Ring' and it's a sequel to a game that came out a few years ago called 'Dark Souls' and left Japan,”

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t have any confidence he knows if it’s a sequel or a spiritual successor. Does he even know that Dark Souls has sequels already?

• 3Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Spiritual successor is the name they've used before and is probably what they mean. Demon's Souls was a spiritual successor to the King's Field series, and Dark Souls was the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, etc etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I read it on my phone a few days ago and sort of forgot about it till a bit ago. It certainly confused me some and still sorta does

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of the best part about beating a dark souls game is reading the lore written that's teased out from hints in the game. Once it's all pieced together it reads like a mad max fever dream. It kind of reminds of the dark tower series.

I don't really know how you build off of the dark souls lore, it's just so murky and senseless.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hard to say how this will actually play, but was really hoping for a new IP with BB combat/mechanics. I loved all 3 DS games, but BB stands head and shoulders above them all for me.

Actually, just re-release BB with improved framerate and graphical upgrades and sell it for $60 and I'm in day 1.

Or fresh seasonal launches

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dark souls has lore? Fucking nerds.
1624230442938.png