Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
parry is fun but it increases the important of memorizing boss animations. Would be a smoother learning curve if the game told you that you were too early or too late.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1646260734626.png

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see people talk about that dude being rough, but the Stormveil one was really easy with Unsheathe spam. The gaol one was rougher but still fell to the same tactic (I might've switched to Moonveil by then, can't remember). Haven't fought the others yet.

I haven't really found any boss that can deal with Unsheathe/Transient Moonlight well. Especially the latter, since it adds range (and damage if the mob is weak to magic).
for moonveil do you just pump int instead of dex? worth switching to that instead of nagakiba? lvl 77

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
NPC quest spoilers:

Did anyone have Rogier live in their game? I did a bunch of quest stuff for him and found the death mark thing he asked about and gave it to him.

Then he sent me to find the blue witch chick that gives you the summon bell, which I did, and agree to work for her and she gives me another quest

The rogier is just dead when i come back to him? Not sure if there's some kind of timer or what, but I haven't done any real significant bossing or anything.

Wonder if I missed a step or something or he's just always fated to die.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

About 23 hours in now. Finished exploring all (I think...) of the first area and the south (also did a run through the areas at night to find a few more bosses) + the first bottom area and did two bosses there. Did the legacy dungeon and think I have seen most of it, but know there are some roof areas I haven't been to. Level 50 and have a +10 claymore and a +5 oleg summon.

Doing fairly well. So went onwards north west.

Oh 4 enemies walking towards me. Didn't even think about it and rushed towards on my horse to kill them.

SPIN MODE ACTIVATE... Stunlocked, slaughtered my horse and killed me on the ground and as screen faded it was a whirlwind of blades and arrows flying everywhere like shot from a machine gun.

Fuck that noise. Went into the waters and started exploring there, went up a corridor and met one of these.....
Elden-Ring-bell-enemies-screenshot.jpg
Hello. We heard you like spinning enemies.

Almost died again, jumped down from a wall. Ran across lake. Died to a lobster.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I was using the summons but is it really infinite? I was only able to resummon the same NPCs twice before it wouldn't let me. That and I was just having trouble meleeing him period; just rides around all over the place and his attacks hit huge range and for half my health(33 vigor).

Yes. There's a little delay, but I summoned the same guys like 5 times each

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck lobsters and their orbital fucking cannons. How the fuck do they have so much range?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Multiplayer is still pretty fun even with being straight up broken (and also literally broken). It's nice that I can go slice up someone up if a buddy gets stuck and a bunch of lowbies running around in a dungeon we have no business to be in and gangbanging the boss is hilarious times. Shenanigans.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Best advice I can give for parries is look at their hand and not the weapon, for crucible knight I hit L2 as SOON as the hand swung towards me, worked about 90% of the time. Also, as said earlier, just learn it for 2-3 attacks and dodge the rest, he took me a good amount of tries but once I got the timing down he wasnt that bad

Boy, did I get raped like 20x getting the timing down though.

I still suck at it, but if I come across an aggressive boss like the lion dude in Morne Castle I can usually be consistent enough to at least one shot him, unless his damage is insane I have 8 flasks and +3 currently so I can usually back out and heal.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I just reached 30 hours /played so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fighting the final boss any minute now.
🤣 Pretty sure I'm at 30 hours and haven't even left Limgrave yet. Game is amazing. Utnayan Utnayan and I spent a few hours exploring below that massive elevator shaft in the forest last night. Good times! Place was beautiful.

PS Damn this thread is moving fast!

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got on a roll, killed margit and Godrick, and a few other bosses like the dragon kin guy in the underworld and the boss in castle morne. My build is all over the place though

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if this was already linked, but super cool ability. Had no idea this even existed. Nothing spoiler'ish in the video. Quick & succinct.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Jeez this game is like a drug it’s so damn addictive. I can’t remember the last time I went to sleep thinking about playing a game, waking up and hopping right back on it. Last night I must of died over 30 times (if not more) trying to kill Tree Sentinel. When I finally killed him it was after 4am in the morning. I completely lost ball track of time. I didn’t realize I was playing that long between exploring the world and trying to kill him and I barely scratched the surface.

• 1Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer
Not sure if this was already linked, but super cool ability. Had no idea this even existed. Nothing spoiler'ish in the video. Quick & succinct.

What does r2 and circle mean in real people language? Is that heavy attack and what?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What does r2 and circle mean in real people language? Is that heavy attack and what?
Pretty sure you dodge while doing a charged/heavy attack based on the other video linked earlier that goes over 30 hints/tricks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have seen this game, I have seen how big it is and yet...there is more. How...how did they make this?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users