Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nah, there’s definitely still room for a more linear progression game. Open world is great and all, but there’s also advantages to being able to better tune encounters due to knowing what the player has to do to get to it.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I'll probably be laughed at, but this is surprisingly good on a base PS4.
I’m playing on base ps4 and it still looks gorgeous. Frame rate drops a bit when there’s more than a few enemies on screen but it’s certainly not destroying the experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because of the weapon skill + wielding options + ashes of war there are probably over 100 builds you could make in this game. And that's not even including consumable weapon coatings. I'm only 10 hours in but as soon as I find a lightning ash of war and/or lightning weapon I plan on going sorcery + lightning weapon. That is if my assumption is right and there is a lightning ash of war like there is for glintstone and it makes weapon scale off int just like glintstone. Why lightning? Because I really like the lightning sound effects I've come across so far. Snap crackle pop bitches!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I told you boys this was going to be game of the decade. The ONLY downside is I'm not certain I can go back to a non open-world Souls game now.
Definetly in my top 10 if not top 5 games of all time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PS5 definitely ain’t running at consistent 60. Frame rate is pretty bad actually, constantly stuttering.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't see stuttering but there are some frame drops in some areas. Hasn't really bothered me too much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes I think the four armed bow guys are a bit much.

52C98FDB-8554-4460-8B32-C73F3BB0A2C7.jpeg

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Think I finally got all the bosses and items (but damn nomadic warrior cookbook #8) from Limgrave, Weeping peninsula, and Stormveil Castle; killed the two Ulcerated Tree Spirits I had found. That was a solid 40ish hours of game time lol.

Been exploring the lake zone and god damn its huge.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
77 hours played just hit level 152, they really throw runes at you later. Some bosses giving 500k... most bosses dead, just need to find a few more and where the heck all the divine towers are(missing at least 2). For how massive they are you would think it would be easy... To confirm you can continue the story quests with most NPCs after you roll credits. I just completed, 3 for some nice loot.

Another minor boss, solo

Also can't wait for you guys to see the Elden Lords second phase, it is going to be an incredible meme.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So they finally fixed the GPU issue that was causing problems on PC. Game runs buttery smooth now (thank god). Have settings ramped the whole way up, not even a single stutter. I'm having fun with the game, although I will say this game was definitely NOT created with keyboard and mouse in mind. I'm going out tomorrow and buying an Xbox controller. The mouse sensitivity is just ridiculous, and makes hitting targets a huge god damn pain in the ass. I've opened up a pretty decent chunk of the map, did the Bloody Finger Nerijus script. Holy fuck, that encounter made me almost break my mouse. Took about twenty tries before I killed his ass. If he gets ahold of you, he pushes your shit in almost instantly. Overall, I'm really enjoying the game. Not the prettiest game of 2022, but god damn, it's a big ass game. Going to take me a good 60 hours or more to beat it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think once they get the shader issues fixed, (odd that they are compiling shaders on the fly instead of already having them gen'd for each console, but easier too just code a all-in-one shader cache and have the dam system generate them.)

Alot of the frame drops/game freezes(which is lol streamers raging at it), will be fixed.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I think once they get the shader issues fixed, (odd that they are compiling shaders on the fly instead of already having them gen'd for each console, but easier too just code a all-in-one shader cache and have the dam system generate them.)

Alot of the frame drops/game freezes(which is lol streamers raging at it), will be fixed.
Supposedly that's a DX12 thing? IIRC.

This game, with its danger and mystery, its lack of handholding and its beckoning, addictive gameplay, is the first game in YEARS that gives me that Everquest vibe. Have I written that already? It still does. This feels like a massive best selling GOTY game; I don't know how many copies it will sell but it will be many more than have ventured into From Software waters before. I haven't been able to play in a couple of days and its driving me crazy. While I was working/doing paperwork earlier I was watching Dr. Disrespect play. I AM WATCHING OTHER PEOPLE PLAY this game because I can't play it myself at the moment. Crazy town.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you're new to dark souls or just bad at it then samurai is far and away the easiest/smoothest start.