Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is like a 15 out of 10 in almost every way too me. I honestly don't understand how From could deliver such quality when there's just so much of it, it blows my mind.

Only some few things that annoy me.

First of all, i would've liked some more guidance on where to go. The lesser reason is it's annoying having smithing stones (n+1) or +2 or +3 when i need smithing stones (n). But more importantly i kind of feel sad that my first go at an area gets cheapened by the fact i outleveled it knocking my head into a wall somewhere else when that issue coulve been avoided with just a bit more guidance.

2. Could be i'm missing it somewhere but i would like a side by side comparison window for armor. In the equipment menu i can atleast see the blue/red text to tell whats better or worse but that still seems a bit lacking. And even that doesnt work anywhere else, like for example a shop window, would be nice for obvious reasons.
Also so far it seems like armor is just balanced every time. At most you're moving some numbers from phys to magic/fire/etc mitigation or vice versa or you're paying for it with extra weight. So i'm still running around in my starter set because i haven't seen anything thats obviously better and mitigation is really opaque anyway...so the only thing i can really make sure of is to not go above the weight for fat rolls.

3. I went Dex, and i find there's nothing to upgrade into. I see plenty of Str/int/faith weapons that need 40+ of that stat. But there doesnt seem to be anything that needs 40+ dex. Kind of feel like i'm missing out on a lot of cool weapons. But even if i were to respec and stuff there doesnt seem to be enough smithing stones. Definetly feel like they could be a bit more common.

4. Mentioned it before but for completeness sake. Even while standing still, on level ground, enemy attacks occasionally just go through me whitout registering a hit/block.

5. Wish the dodge roll didnt have such a long delay from press of the button

6. And it's really just a nitpick but i wish Torrent wasnt so likely to sprint off the cliff when i just wanted to turn around.

Anyone know what grace point you're supposed to find if you follow the direction of the selia backstreet grace, the only contender i could find in that direction is the plague church grace, but that doesnt seem right because it in turn doesnt guide me anywhere else. Makes me think i'm missing a grace point but i've spent hours lookin around in the direction indicated by the selia backstreet grace point and found nothing

Goonsquad Officer
I have seen this game, I have seen how big it is and yet...there is more. How...how did they make this?
By doing what most studios refuse to do. They do not dumpster assets and systems each game. The sword they made in dark souls 1 is still in. Some armor too. They don't eliminate game mechanics just do do it. So they can now build on their tools in each iteration. Elevating the genre. Mean while most other games can't seem to do this. Must reinvent wheel

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
for moonveil do you just pump int instead of dex? worth switching to that instead of nagakiba? lvl 77
I'm leaning towards pumping int, using Moonveil for trash, and an Unsheathe + magic affinity + magic/frost buff Nagakiba for bosses and strong trash. Some bosses you really need the range of Moonveil though (like Fallingstar Beast, the most annoying fucker I've come across in the game by a mile).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
20220302_211142.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Spent all of today literally doing nothing but fucking around on the Weeping Peninsula and I still haven't finished all the shit I've found. Knocked out the avatar, did the Morne Castle boss, couple of the dungeons, but still have 2 dungeons to go (that I've found, at least). Blows my mind how they've kept the quality of all this with the quantity they shit out. Will probably mess around with the rest of the peninsula tomorrow and then check the interactive map to see if there's anything else I've missed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Beast-Repellent Torch. It works! Makes dogs, rats, smaller monstrosity passive unless you attack them. Just have to have it out.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Optional boss kill, made a quick replay. This is 3rd attempt, I am a tad over leveled. Time to go kill all the dragons!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm leaning towards pumping int, using Moonveil for trash, and an Unsheathe + magic affinity + magic/frost buff Nagakiba for bosses and strong trash. Some bosses you really need the range of Moonveil though (like Fallingstar Beast, the most annoying fucker I've come across in the game by a mile).
I ended up pumping int and im wrecking shit w/ +7 moonveil. Killed a few bosses I couldnt do before. Moonveil is sick

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Blood affinity is bad, get a twinblade with built in bleed instead. Like Eleonora's Poleblade.

Also, there's better twinblades than the basic one too, especially for a str build. I'd think hard before investing any more into that one.

I think I'm gonna switch to the Godskin Peeler and respec my Str into HP/Dex. My survivability is starting to suck in the higher level areas. The GP doesn't have bleed IIRC but it looks like the best overall twinblade.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
any other company this is two games and probably two years worth of paid expansions

and you could buy ruins 10k for 5 bucks, and of course cosmetics

such a perfect game, maybe even beats my all time favorite rpg, fallout new vegas

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would have liked something to explain the 3 cave types. Until I checked the interactive map I had randomly came across only the dungeon type cave for the first 15 hours I guess?

But there's really 3. Mines, catacomb, and dungeon type. Thanks to that tip video I learned that mines are on the map and you should go there as quick as you can for Smithing stones.

• 1Like

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Had the day off, played mostly all day, few minutes ago I died to Radahn, game locks up while loading so I alt-F4.
Go to launch the game and take another crack at the boss, steam says my saves on my pc don't match what's on the cloud, gives me the option between pc save and cloud save.
Stupidly chose cloud save, lost pretty much the entire days progress and back to where I was this morning.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Where are people going after Raya Lucaria? I went to Caelid and uhh

Radahn seems WAY beyond me atm. Level 55 and most everything in South Caelid has been fine but that boss seems like I need another 20 levels for. Great spectacle fight but seems a bit overtuned to me.

Maybe hit up Altus for a while? Not sure how much tougher that is in comparison to Caelid

I've been totally unable to do that fight myself. About 75% of the time when I go in to hit him, I just get immediately hit since his attacks are so sweeping and there's so little delay between them. He kills me in 2 hits, sometimes 1 even at full health.

So the fight could be awesome with me weaving in and out on the horse while the ally NPCs are engaging him, but instead I'm staying way back like a rich person during the war, spamming NPC summons as fast as they pop up. The fight takes ages without me getting in there and damaging him, and eventually I have bad RNG where I can't find any summons because they're all clumped together on the other side of the map, and sometimes I find them, usually I don't, and then he just outruns my horse and murders me.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the day off, played mostly all day, few minutes ago I died to Radahn, game locks up while loading so I alt-F4.
Go to launch the game and take another crack at the boss, steam says my saves on my pc don't match what's on the cloud, gives me the option between pc save and cloud save.
Stupidly chose cloud save, lost pretty much the entire days progress and back to where I was this morning.
This just happened to me but I chose local thank God

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm gonna switch to the Godskin Peeler and respec my Str into HP/Dex. My survivability is starting to suck in the higher level areas. The GP doesn't have bleed IIRC but it looks like the best overall twinblade.
Godskin Peeler with Seppuku skill on it looks absolutely ridiculous. Now's the time to try a full bleed build (heavy arcane, dragon incants, etc.) too, since it's probably one of the first things From Soft is going to nerf. It's like the Santier's Spear of Elden Ring.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been totally unable to do that fight myself. About 75% of the time when I go in to hit him, I just get immediately hit since his attacks are so sweeping and there's so little delay between them. He kills me in 2 hits, sometimes 1 even at full health.

So the fight could be awesome with me weaving in and out on the horse while the ally NPCs are engaging him, but instead I'm staying way back like a rich person during the war, spamming NPC summons as fast as they pop up. The fight takes ages without me getting in there and damaging him, and eventually I have bad RNG where I can't find any summons because they're all clumped together on the other side of the map, and sometimes I find them, usually I don't, and then he just outruns my horse and murders me.
This fight took me so many fucking attempts to beat. Was using some shit build. I eventually got lucky and one of the npcs stunned him around 40% and I was able to burst him down. Those stupid purple balls would 1 shot me

• 1Truth!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is this dragon warrior or any version a good build or it's a gimmicky meme build? Watched him clear some monsters but dunno how well it is against bosses.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer is still pretty fun even with being straight up broken (and also literally broken). It's nice that I can go slice up someone up if a buddy gets stuck and a bunch of lowbies running around in a dungeon we have no business to be in and gangbanging the boss is hilarious times. Shenanigans.

Yeah, I summoned an invader earlier and he did this completely broken AOE ice spell that locked me in place, inflicted Frostbite status, and killed me in a couple casts. I could see him catching everybody off guard with that.

Other than that the multiplayer has been great in this, I've been doing more of it than any other From game. I usually drop a summon sign when I reach a new dungeon so I can get summoned and run it with other people before I do it myself, that way I have a better chance of knowing where the hidden stuff is from the multiplayer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I told you boys this was going to be game of the decade. The ONLY downside is I'm not certain I can go back to a non open-world Souls game now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users