Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not sure how they explain lore-wise how some random murder bear in a cave would destroy godrick

I would 100% go with a story where rats took him down when he was slightly distracted for a moment.

Wow so the softcaps for attack stats is 80? Time to pump more points into INT.

there is a hat that gives +8 and a talisman that gives +4? 5? and another talisman that gives +8? .. so its not that hard too reach

I'm considering switching to a caster build soon now that I've got everything unlocked and a ton of spells to try out.

What's the best staff to use at this lategame point, Carian Regal? Not Meteorite? Is it worth upgrading Meteorite? I have Meteorite but not CR. Haven't upgraded any spell catalysts yet, but I could instantly max one out. Come to think of it, I'd need to have one for sorcery and one for faith stuff. I might have enough slabs to max both of those plus Melania's katana, think I have 3 of them, but I gotta choose wisely. Also have a regular slab to max out the Godskin twinblade. Left the River of Blood at +9.

Meteor staff is best until you find one of the special rods, which after upgrades also get S-tier INT scaling, eventually it gets a lot better then meteorite. Just how much depends on how much you can upgrade it. The gravity boost on meteor is always going to be useful for MR enemies though.

Sorcery + faith + katana seems a bit much to focus on at the same time.

Yea I did the same and had to quit using the mimic. It solod a couple side bosses in dungeons while I just watched lol.

Maybe it can also read quest item descriptions for you?

Seriously, when you complained about not knowing what to do with that divine stone, while its item description says exactly that, well, that was exceptional.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
As a general tip: respec items seem plenty. I have 5 now and haven't been looking for them specifically.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Do you ever get a bell bearing that unlocks rune arcs or respec items? I still never use rune arcs because they are somewhat limited, but if I could farm up some runes and buy 50 arcs I’d keep it up all the time

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Before any new games from them, I'm hoping for lots of DLC on this one.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So wanted to give this a try to make sure I was still a boomer and bad at games, and to make sure that I still don't understand why people love these games. The fact that this one is a more open-world game is a good thing, so I'm not all negative.

So right out the gate, you run into this Tree Sentinel, and due to the open-world nature of the game, there's some that might catch on that you should go explore, level up, get gear, etc before just slamming your dick against this guy over and over. And sure, depending on your starting "class" this dude is going to be easier or harder for some. I hope you all loved it so much. But to put a dude like that right out the gate is just a shout-out to all you Souls lovers that are like YESSS my dick is still getting slammed with a hammer. FUCK YEA!! and to someone like me who isn't a Soulsbourne lover questioning wtf was the point?

C'est la vie.
At least you didn't pick the 2x stonedagger key thing as your beginning keepsake and proceed to make your way to the ulcerated tree spirit before unlocking the ability to level. That was definitely a "hmm, I think I should come back to this later" moment.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is that why so many people were disappointed in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? I always felt like Oblivion was pretty rad, but I remember a lot of Morrowind purists felt let down. Morrowind was more like the Elden Ring of its time, with plenty of out-of-your-league enemies around. Oblivion scaled everything to the player's level so it was more accomodating, but it may have lost a lot in the process. I'm the person who never played Skyrim so IDK how the series is now.
Oblivion was a great game. It got a lot of shit because the "do anything be anything" approach fell flat in some areas, like leveling scaling. Some of the freeform stuff (NPC faces and AI, automated questing) were too ambitious and under-delivered. And they followed one of the most unique set of biomes (Vvardenfell, in Morrowind) with the most generic biomes (Cyrodiil). I think people judged it too harshly.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Beat Godrick on my first try with Glintstone Pebble and a few +8 Rapier hits at lv38 lmao. The NPC really helped and my dodges all worked.

The first boss in the castle took me like 30 attempts though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Funny thing about that spot, twice i've gotten a boatload of runes out of nowhere while helping about 20 people kill that boss. I was using that spot around level 90 to test out new weapon builds helping people kill that monk boss with insane HP, once I went in I think with like 15k souls, but at the end, before the boss fight even ended I somehow had over 70k and I have no clue why. He only gives like 20k or so. It happened a second time where I mysteriously got another 50k souls out of nowhere.

One possibility is that I spawned in and there were some PVPers that died, do they give a ton of runes, like 50K or 70K? IDK.

He definitely gives more than that on the first kill. I just killed him 2 seconds ago and looted the chest after multiple failed attempts so had 0 runes. And now have 94,000. I think I'll rock his gear instead to go along with my Reaper look. I need a second Scythe though to be extra badass. The soldiers upstairs and the Monk upstairs have a habit of falling off though. So maybe someone in the co-op was pulling them or aggro and they fell?

That boss isn't hard it just a long fight and I kept screwing up at key moments. He's fun to fight though b/c it seems completely fair and balanced, you just have to execute. So while it took me way too long to kill him it really wasn't frustrating b/c I could easily see my mistakes.

1646684021925.png

1646684062721.png

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrmm where do I find the caelid basement spot? Sounds like a decent spot and also a cool armor set

From the bonfire in the divine tower just take the stairs down instead of the ones up to the great rune spot

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Before any new games from them, I'm hoping for lots of DLC on this one.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing them ride on elden ring for a long time like gta5 and skyrim. Ok, maybe not thaaaat long.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I for one hope there's a DLC with nothing but chariot dungeons in it.

:trollface:

• 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone tried this build? If so how is it? There are so many builds I want to try it’s driving me crazy.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Armor seems completely useless in these games. You're gonna get 2 shot anyways so what's the difference?

I can't stop thinking about this game. Every time I have to put the controller down for adulting I'm thinking about what I'm going to do next. Have about 60 hours into the game already lol.

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Taking a break to post here. It won't be too long.

My sorcerer after some 40 hours (no great rune active), have only killed Margit, Radahn and the lunar queen thing, along with at least two dozen optional bosses:

View attachment 402057

Using a +9 Lusat staff which gives 360 sorcery scaling and azur comet for the big stuff, still waiting to find the physics pot part that gives 10 seconds of no FP consumption to complete that part of the build. Pebble and rock sling are plenty for every thing else, and phalanx is just OP, I try to avoid using it because it literally trivializes all the trash and all the invaders.

Going to get vigor up some, faith after until I can use the sword of night and fire, which should be a good swap in.

Radagons scarseal lets a pretty basic stat sorceror wield moonveil katana, which I had fun with also. I like the seal best out of all the talismans I found so far.

For the people that want a good farming spot which can get you to 80+, try wardead catacombs. It is an afk farm but very decent. Also get a golden scarab, which increases rune drops by 20%.

Two things I hate about the game currently:
- when you mid boss fight and you find your 213th mushroom (which you are never going to use) and a huge screen pops up to inform you of finding the mushroom. This is a meme by itself.
- not being able to invade people, seems hardly anyone can be

I'm super early in the game, and new at this genre; Am I making a mistake going magic only? lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok it is official Journey 2 sucks, going to start a new game. At least then I have to worry about dying.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Armor seems completely useless in these games. You're gonna get 2 shot anyways so what's the difference?

I can't stop thinking about this game. Every time I have to put the controller down for adulting I'm thinking about what I'm going to do next. Have about 60 hours into the game already lol.
It helps still, but you still need to dodge bosses or forever be stun locked. It gives a cushion for us old geezers who can't perfectly time each dodge on a bosses five hit combo that all have different cadences with a feint thrown in.