Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The funny part about the mimic tear and everyone talking about how broken OP it is ... it's not even the best spirit ash.

Black Knife Tiche is even more ridiculous.
I'll have to try that out.

OP summons are kind of acceptable to me in ER, more so than spells/items, because when I contemplate doing a "hard mode" playthrough of ER, not using summons is probably first on everybody's list. So this summon being available, and accessible somewhat early on, is kind of a nice secret to help carry players who don't live for anger and frustration.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So stopped at the final boss to go back and complete all the side quests I missed. It is actually fucked how much hidden/obscure content this game has that 99% of players will never see without spoilers/walkthroughs. Some of the quest dialoge and direction is so obscure to the point of comedy.

On top of that the UI still blows and PC port is shit as usual with so few QOL options we should be getting on PC's.

I don't understand why we can't do item comparison when in an item menu/purchase menu?
I also wish things like talismans/weapon arts on legendary weapons etc had more info on what they do etc. It's not a "difficultly" thing before you guys flame, just basic QOL shit that I think would make the game play experience smoother and less annoying.

I've sunk abotu 85 hours into it so I do LIKE the game, its fun and a great souls game but I feel like improvements to some basic shit would go a long way.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Without spoilers, walk throughs or doing their own nooks and crannies exploration.

"Give me a world to explore", right?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So stopped at the final boss to go back and complete all the side quests I missed. It is actually fucked how much hidden/obscure content this game has that 99% of players will never see without spoilers/walkthroughs. Some of the quest dialoge and direction is so obscure to the point of comedy.

On top of that the UI still blows and PC port is shit as usual with so few QOL options we should be getting on PC's.

I don't understand why we can't do item comparison when in an item menu/purchase menu?
I also wish things like talismans/weapon arts on legendary weapons etc had more info on what they do etc. It's not a "difficultly" thing before you guys flame, just basic QOL shit that I think would make the game play experience smoother and less annoying.

I've sunk abotu 85 hours into it so I do LIKE the game, its fun and a great souls game but I feel like improvements to some basic shit would go a long way.
This just sounds like you need to git gud tbh

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This just sounds like you need to git gud tbh
1646759570060.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The souls GIT GUD crowd is literally the most cringe/annoying thing about the whole series.

• 1Faggotry

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Without spoilers, walk throughs or doing their own nooks and crannies exploration.

"Give me a world to explore", right?
It's not even about map locations, many quests requre your to double back to old places, and the order of who to talk to and when and at what point, not to mention some very obscure locations in such a huge open world. I am not saying it is impossible, just a shame since most players wont put in that effort and will end up missing out a ton.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's not even about map locations, many quests requre your to double back to old places, and the order of who to talk to and when and at what point, not to mention some very obscure locations. I am not saying it is impossible, just a shame since most players wont put in that effort and will end up missing out a ton.
I’ve actually enjoyed that aspect of it. I’ve been texting a couple friends about things while we play and it’s fucking wild how different the game has been compared to each other. This shit is so open and so big all three of us went completely different directions and fought different shit. Eventually, yeah we will all have done everything but it’s been fun telling each other shit we’ve ran into that the others haven’t even seen.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I’ve actually enjoyed that aspect of it. I’ve been texting a couple friends about things while we play and it’s fucking wild how different the game has been compared to each other. This shit is so open and so big all three of us went completely different directions and fought different shit. Eventually, yeah we will all have done everything but it’s been fun telling each other shit we’ve ran into that the others haven’t even seen.
If you are messaging each other sounds like you need to GIt GUD :p

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The funny part about the mimic tear and everyone talking about how broken OP it is ... it's not even the best spirit ash.

Black Knife Tiche is even more ridiculous.

Just got this last night and want to upgrade/try it out.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's not even about map locations, many quests requre your to double back to old places, and the order of who to talk to and when and at what point, not to mention some very obscure locations in such a huge open world. I am not saying it is impossible, just a shame since most players wont put in that effort and will end up missing out a ton.

The problem is the average consoomer. Yes yes, good.

But the people who do put that kind of effort in keep the hype going and generate all the content for the morons.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked the Glintstone key "quest" for its simplicity and elegance. Here's a map that looks like a character drew it poorly, but it was still just enough information to go find it if you fiddle with it a bit. Overall I think From quests are frustrating because you can just fail them and some of them take true autism to discover the next steps.

Rajaah Rajaah still missed it somehow though lol. Despite the map being right at the gate.

Like, how would you organically discover how to get Blaidd off of his tower howling unless you autistically backtracked for no reason?

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The problem is the average consoomer. Yes yes, good.

But the people who do put that kind of effort in keep the hype going and generate all the content for the morons.
Yeah it's great that the majority of the players of the game won't see a large portion of content so you can put on your GIT GUD hat and prance around as better than anyone because you are willing to waste 500 hours rolling around and slashing walls to find quest NPC's. Thanks for the service you provide for the rest of us Plebs. :rolleyes:

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So, I ran past him and all of his shit and went to the top of the tower in the rafters, and worked my way back down through all the spawned spirits and shit like that. I was at this for over an hour. I got this motherfucker to his last teleport around the upper ring. I'm out of flasks, I had to use some poisoned meat or some shit to top me off. Fucker's down to one last hit. I wait for him to stop his magic jizzing ball over his head, I run the fuck in there and swing. Dude dodges first swing, second swing, then for the first fucking time in all of this pulls out a goddamn magic sword, swings it twice in less than a second and two shots me. So I went somewhere else, and I haven't been back.
Hey guess what, you have to fight him again later... You can get him to teleport to you by spacing him around corners and then charging forward when you see him do his teleport and then beat his ass.

why you fight him twice spoiler
he comes back once you invert that tower, near the end of Rammis quest.

• 1Rustled

Goonsquad Officer
I would have liked even a list of hints we received. Or a list of where people were last seen. But alas. I will getgud or...notepad

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I liked the Glintstone key "quest" for its simplicity and elegance. Here's a map that looks like a character drew it poorly, but it was still just enough information to go find it if you fiddle with it a bit. Overall I think From quests are frustrating because you can just fail them and some of them take true autism to discover the next steps.

Rajaah Rajaah still missed it somehow though lol. Despite the map being right at the gate.

Like, how would you organically discover how to get Blaidd off of his tower howling unless you autistically backtracked for no reason?
Exactly I would say most of the obscure quests give you enough bread crumbs that with a bit of backtracking and exploration are solveable but some are beyond absurd.