Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Fire Giant - just.... Wow. Kicking my ass. I am even trying to cheese him lol - this one is tough.

You can trick him into falling off the cliff, but I don't recommend it. I got super frustrated with that fight myself, and looked up cheese strats, which is how I know about the cliff. However, after about 20 deaths, I finally got him, and it was one of the most epic battles in the game. I recommend keeping at it and doing it normally to get that same rush.

He doesn't seem to take much damage from Rivers of Blood, so I switched to my twinblade (with bloodflame enchant) and Darth Maul'd his feet in phase 1 and kneecaps in phase 2. Don't bother trying to go after the hands (which is what you're "supposed" to do in phase 2). Don't stay on his sides because he has that IDIOTIC rolling attack that was most of my deaths. Equip that one accessory that greatly boosts fire resistance (Flamedrake Talisman +1, there might be a +2 as well IDK) and when he goes to phase 2, use whatever consumable it is that boosts fire resistance. Best time to hit him in phase 2 is actually while he's doing his big firestorm AOE, there are lots of openings in it to attack. Just stay off of the fire when it first appears on the ground and you have a couple seconds before it erupts. I also used the Mimic Tear which helped a lot because it distracted him and gave me room to heal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I need to get that mimic tear - I have not defeated Radahn yet - maybe I should do that first? Then I can get the mimic tear - been hearing a lot of good things about that - and Ashes that did the Rot helped tremendously with Morgott.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I need to get that mimic tear - I have not defeated Radahn yet - maybe I should do that first? Then I can get the mimic tear - been hearing a lot of good things about that - and Ashes that did the Rot helped tremendously with Morgott.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Dodging feels WAY harder in this game than other From Software games. I cant tell if its input lag or they just decided to make every attack have some weird wind up that I cant time correctly. It feels like input lag on the PS5

Both.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
382qe6kgv0m81.jpg

70574fe577a26b8da0bdc804fa803688.gif
They are literally everywhere. Wtf!

Guessing the DLC takes place on the cloud!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, what is with the faggot-ass sorceror inside of Carian Study Hall. This MF one-shotted me like 5 times. Finally bum-rushed his ass and he starts taking off teleporting up the tower. I've got him down to about 30% health. I got 1 estus flask charge left. I logged out last night at that point and I'm afraid of logging back in. If I die to this little shit head one more time...

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ok, what is with the faggot-ass sorceror inside of Carian Study Hall. This MF one-shotted me like 5 times. Finally bum-rushed his ass and he starts taking off teleporting up the tower. I've got him down to about 30% health. I got 1 estus flask charge left. I logged out last night at that point and I'm afraid of logging back in. If I die to this little shit head one more time...

So, I ran past him and all of his shit and went to the top of the tower in the rafters, and worked my way back down through all the spawned spirits and shit like that. I was at this for over an hour. I got this motherfucker to his last teleport around the upper ring. I'm out of flasks, I had to use some poisoned meat or some shit to top me off. Fucker's down to one last hit. I wait for him to stop his magic jizzing ball over his head, I run the fuck in there and swing. Dude dodges first swing, second swing, then for the first fucking time in all of this pulls out a goddamn magic sword, swings it twice in less than a second and two shots me. So I went somewhere else, and I haven't been back.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Goonsquad Officer
heh yea i hated that maniac. a cornerstone of my play as hammerboy is that i just kind of get people crumpled and pound them to death. and he gets to move out of this position numerous times and put himself back into an advantageous position.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So, I ran past him and all of his shit and went to the top of the tower in the rafters, and worked my way back down through all the spawned spirits and shit like that. I was at this for over an hour. I got this motherfucker to his last teleport around the upper ring. I'm out of flasks, I had to use some poisoned meat or some shit to top me off. Fucker's down to one last hit. I wait for him to stop his magic jizzing ball over his head, I run the fuck in there and swing. Dude dodges first swing, second swing, then for the first fucking time in all of this pulls out a goddamn magic sword, swings it twice in less than a second and two shots me. So I went somewhere else, and I haven't been back.
Are there any grace points up above him?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
heh yea i hated that maniac. a cornerstone of my play as hammerboy is that i just kind of get people crumpled and pound them to death. and he gets to move out of this position numerous times and put himself back into an advantageous position.
I'm doing dex/int build with Meteorite Ore Blade(katana) and Bow/Staff, so I have pretty good melee and range, but as you said he just dodges out of melee. Making it worse, the way the environment is in that tower, makes bows and ranged magic on him almost useless. It's almost impossible to hit him at range(though that also works to your advantage to keep those arrows from blasting you).

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Are there any grace points up above him?

Newp. Not that I saw anyway. There is a talisman up in the rafters, but I think that was it. There's a staircase up there as well, but it's higher than the rafters and I don't know how to bring it down or otherwise get to it.

Goonsquad Officer
no. just more ghosts and rats. I beat him by poisoning him early on. when he got to the top tier i went opposite his path and cleared the layer. and I used my flask of physic to bubble up for the last push around the big circle to get him. i equipped magic resist token.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Newp. Not that I saw anyway. There is a talisman up in the rafters, but I think that was it. There's a staircase up there as well, but it's higher than the rafters and I don't know how to bring it down or otherwise get to it.
Probably gotta' kill his ass to get any higher.

Losing at Your Favorite Game Online Rage

Goonsquad Officer
i suspect that the little alter at the beginning, will lower that stair case down. I just don't have what it wants yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
no. just more ghosts and rats. I beat him by poisoning him early on. when he got to the top tier i went opposite his path and cleared the layer. and I used my flask of physic to bubble up for the last push around the big circle to get him. i equipped magic resist token.
I think I need to level up my health at this point. I'm using the magic resist token and my best resist armor. Sitting at 41% and his arrow takes me down to about 1 hp now.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Shit, is that circle the last part he ports up to? I'm guessing I reset him by logging out, then. Fuck me...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Probably gotta' kill his ass to get any higher.

Losing at Your Favorite Game Online Rage
The faggot gremlins in the catacombs are still the worst enemies IMO. They do feints, crazy dodges, and throw bleed daggers at you.

I die to them at least once any time I go into a new catacomb.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users