Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yup 48 strength madness build up but sucks for PvP it is so slow.
The funny part about the mimic tear and everyone talking about how broken OP it is ... it's not even the best spirit ash.

Black Knife Tiche is even more ridiculous.
Mimic is still better overall because it will use perfumes and stack whatever you are doing to great effect. Tiche is super aggressive evasion monster though and a good alternative.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah it's great that the majority of the players of the game won't see a large portion of content so you can put on your GIT GUD hat and prance around as better than anyone because you are willing to waste 500 hours rolling around and slashing walls to find quest NPC's. Thanks for the service you provide for the rest of us Plebs. :rolleyes:

Most ppl in EQ weren't killing AoW but checked the big dog sites and it kept them wondering, immersed and excited to log in or get friends to play.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So stopped at the final boss to go back and complete all the side quests I missed. It is actually fucked how much hidden/obscure content this game has that 99% of players will never see without spoilers/walkthroughs. Some of the quest dialoge and direction is so obscure to the point of comedy.

On top of that the UI still blows and PC port is shit as usual with so few QOL options we should be getting on PC's.

I don't understand why we can't do item comparison when in an item menu/purchase menu?
I also wish things like talismans/weapon arts on legendary weapons etc had more info on what they do etc. It's not a "difficultly" thing before you guys flame, just basic QOL shit that I think would make the game play experience smoother and less annoying.

I've sunk abotu 85 hours into it so I do LIKE the game, its fun and a great souls game but I feel like improvements to some basic shit would go a long way.
The item comparison QOL stuff I agree with, to an extent. There are ways to do item comparison that you may not have explored, I didn't really understand it until I took the time.

The world exploration thing I disagree with. The game has a tremendous amount of features integrated in that replace the map objective markers in other games and it makes the whole exploration mechanic feel very engaging where other games feel like more of a checklist to go through.

Besides that, you need a mysterious and abstruse world in order to build a community around singleplayer games. This thread or the personal communication would be totally different if the game directed you to everything.

As funny as the git gud memes are, it's not about getting good, it's about having a deep experience made permissible only through making it difficult.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
The world exploration thing I disagree with. The game has a tremendous amount of features integrated in that replace the map objective markers in other games and it makes the whole exploration mechanic feel very engaging where other games feel like more of a checklist to go through.
i fucking love the use of audio/visual markers in the world that hint you how to find things. just off the top of my head:

the grim reaper statues reveal the direction of a crypt
the glow trees let you track the ghost to a dungeon or something.
the paintings of another place you go to
the grace points whisping at the next objective in the region (i wish they'd shut off when you get their target tho).
the trees always have a guy to punk down
the towers where you unlock the runes are always super tall
the mini boss storage bowls with the weird ass worms pointing their flash lights.

i like the way various types of 'side dungeon' offer various rewards. so you generally know a crypt is for ash, a mine is for upgrade materials.

I like hunting thte map obolisks to reveal the map.

all of that is super excelent. the game tells you where things are without either giving you a quest marker, or using words to lead you by the nose.

i bet there's other things i'm not even thinking about.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
The funny part about the mimic tear and everyone talking about how broken OP it is ... it's not even the best spirit ash.

Black Knife Tiche is even more ridiculous.
I just took out Alecto this morning. That took some serious getting good.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Having a checklist in game would ruin it. This path eventually leads to WoW quests. Explore, figure things out, remember them, or dont do it.

• 3Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I liked the Glintstone key "quest" for its simplicity and elegance. Here's a map that looks like a character drew it poorly, but it was still just enough information to go find it if you fiddle with it a bit. Overall I think From quests are frustrating because you can just fail them and some of them take true autism to discover the next steps.

@Rajaah still missed it somehow though lol. Despite the map being right at the gate.

Like, how would you organically discover how to get Blaidd off of his tower howling unless you autistically backtracked for no reason?
Yeah it’s really the failure mechanisms more than the obscurity. Like inviting certain people back to areas and having them murder everyone. You might say “that person was sketchy, you should have known”, but everyone is sketchy. And also having some of the quests fail due to triggering unrelated events.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's great that the majority of the players of the game won't see a large portion of content so you can put on your GIT GUD hat and prance around as better than anyone because you are willing to waste 500 hours rolling around and slashing walls to find quest NPC's. Thanks for the service you provide for the rest of us Plebs. :rolleyes:
I’m pretty sure git gud is just a meme to fuck with each other. We almost all suck at these games lol

I said it before, I tell people I love these games but also warn them they’re very hard, I don’t really recommend them to anyone unless I know they have a lot of patience.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i fucking love the use of audio/visual markers in the world that hint you how to find things. just off the top of my head:

the grim reaper statues reveal the direction of a crypt
the glow trees let you track the ghost to a dungeon or something.
the paintings of another place you go to
the grace points whisping at the next objective in the region (i wish they'd shut off when you get their target tho).
the trees always have a guy to punk down
the towers where you unlock the runes are always super tall
the mini boss storage bowls with the weird ass worms pointing their flash lights.

i like the way various types of 'side dungeon' offer various rewards. so you generally know a crypt is for ash, a mine is for upgrade materials.

I like hunting thte map obolisks to reveal the map.

all of that is super excelent. the game tells you where things are without either giving you a quest marker, or using words to lead you by the nose.

i bet there's other things i'm not even thinking about.
My favorite is the super creepy palm readers who tell you where to go next. When people talk about how a game would be better without map objectives leading you around I think it's important to consider how much effort goes into making that feasible. Morrowind was one of the great games without that, and the amount of NPC dialog dedicated to telling you how to get to the next step was immense.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My favorite is the super creepy palm readers who tell you where to go next. When people talk about how a game would be better without map objectives leading you around I think it's important to consider how much effort goes into making that feasible. Morrowind was one of the great games without that, and the amount of NPC dialog dedicated to telling you how to get to the next step was immense.
What’s creepier is they’re actually reading your fingers not your palms. I wonder if they can see all the places my fingers have been. Poor things.

• 1Worf

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fucking love the use of audio/visual markers in the world that hint you how to find things. just off the top of my head:
I know of at least one hidden dungeon that I was only able to locate by noticing an out of place enemy type and spooky noises/screams coming from the environment. Finding stuff like that is incredible, and I wouldn't want them ruin it for any reason.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
you know, now that i know more lore, and understand the world better i should take serious consideration of the crazy shit those hags say to me. before i just kind of listened and said "look gramma, i need to fight the guy in that big castle over there" but...i bet that would help alleviate my desire for a list of hints i received.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I know of at least one hidden dungeon that I was only able to locate by noticing an out of place enemy type and spooky noises/screams coming from the environment. Finding stuff like that is incredible, and I wouldn't want them ruin it for any reason.
hah you know, the singing harpies, when i hear them i immediately tense up and adopt a sneaking posture. trying to sort out how i can fucking murder them before they see me.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I love this game, and i'm by no means a souls game fan.

I can just sink hours exploring, completely taking in the sceneries (some of the shit is absolutely incredible), and find random shit off the beaten path.

There are so many builds i want to try when i get further in too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Wow, I bet you kiss girls too, don't you faggot?!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Rimshot

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fextralife should rename his wiki to gitgudhub

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
you know, now that i know more lore, and understand the world better i should take serious consideration of the crazy shit those hags say to me. before i just kind of listened and said "look gramma, i need to fight the guy in that big castle over there" but...i bet that would help alleviate my desire for a list of hints i received.
The Finger Church in Roundtable is definitely creep as shit too.