Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh god, now that I have to deal with "Secret Bosses" I have to resort to YouTube. Holy fuck I forgot how absolutely pants on head retarded these clickbait motherfuckers are. I actually found a decent guide on the millicent questline until you meet her at the altus plateau and the mouthbreather decided x100 fast forward speed would still show you how to get to th he next area. Goddamnit. I made it through the entire "game" without having to resort to this shit and no doubt missed plenty of stuff. But fuck me a guide you cant follow isnt a guide at all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That big mspaint font over an in game still with an arrow pointing to something

Welcome back guys comin atchu with another

Tons of rambling filler for algo reasons

Etc

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wow just beat the black knight gargoyle or whatever his name was......was intense even though I was pretty comfortable with his moveset dealing with the dual gargoyles yesterday. One badly timed dodge and I'd get 2-shot with ease.

I know I'm supposed to do the Capitol next but I keep finding more unexplored areas I want to check out. I still can't believe how much raw content there is, such a masterpiece.

Also, found a guy in roundtable hold asling for death roots, looks like I have 3 currently, any reason NOT to give him them?

Edit: sorry not RTH but Beastial Sanctum
No reason not to, just be careful

after giving him 3 or 4 he turns agro and you have to beat him down a bit until he calms down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So am I just a dummy, or what? I've spent over an hour in Cyberpunk trying to beat a fist fight on Buck, and it's frustrating but fun, and I know I'm gonna get him. This same idea, trying a boss over and over in Soulsbourne games just upsets me and I find it frustrating. What's the difference? I'm more invested? I'm trying to understand myself! FML

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just call me ben-hur

1647126754087.png

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’m super slow playing a few hours a night and just beat the dude in the NW castle. The castle is crazy well done and you can tell they put some time in it. I love the flow to the area and feel like it’s my favorite spot so far.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m super slow playing a few hours a night and just beat the dude in the NW castle. The castle is crazy well done and you can tell they put some time in it. I love the flow to the area and feel like it’s my favorite spot so far.
There’s like five northwest castles. Which one you in?

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow just beat the black knight gargoyle or whatever his name was......was intense even though I was pretty comfortable with his moveset dealing with the dual gargoyles yesterday. One badly timed dodge and I'd get 2-shot with ease.

I know I'm supposed to do the Capitol next but I keep finding more unexplored areas I want to check out. I still can't believe how much raw content there is, such a masterpiece.

Also, found a guy in roundtable hold asling for death roots, looks like I have 3 currently, any reason NOT to give him them?

Edit: sorry not RTH but Beastial Sanctum

No reason not to give the beastial sanctum guy death root, its the only thing its good for.

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
so I just went into the four Belfries after stumbling on one of the keys... holy shit does the area look amazing

• 1Like

Vorph

Wow, I just tried putting Hoarfrost on the nagakiba that I upgraded all the way and then never really used. It does more damage than the L2R2 from Moonveil +10 with 80 int and 40 dex. And it's actually insanely strong for AOEing trash, unlike the shitty L2R1 on Moonveil that stops at the first enemy it hits (which is weird since the R2 does pierce). Anybody playing dex/int definitely needs to try a weapon with Hoarfrost on it.

Still some situations where Moonveil is better though; Moonveil can hit flyers, does way more damage with a crit compared to the cold affinity nagakiba, and Transient Moonlight is both faster to execute and deals vastly more stance damage. Hoarfrost does stagger a lot of things, but I've never seen it break a stance.

I can't decide between cold and magic either. Cold only does less than 20 more damage on the L2, but it severely gimps the weapon for normal attacks, backstabs, etc. It definitely procs frostbite faster though, not sure if that makes up for it vs. a boss. I ended up sticking with magic for now just because I hate it when my backstabs leave stuff with a few pixels of hp. I've got enough equip weight to handle carrying around both Moonveil and the nagakiba though, so it might be better to only use it for Hoarfrost spam.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
84% trophies, finally taking a break from the game. Looked at what I have left for the platinum, and it's

-One legendary weapon (the missable one)
-Two legendary spells
-Lichdragon fight
-Third ending

Should be easily doable in NG+. I actually think the platinums in the other Soulsborne games were more involved than this one.

It's worth noting that you do NOT need to get all of the spells/weapons/talismans to get the platinum, unlike other Souls games. I thought you did so I went out of my way to get everything, but it turns out you only need 7 or so specific "legendaries" of each set. I got all of the talismans and most of the spells/weapons by default by just playing.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit is Leyndell Capitol is Huge. I haven't even found the Fell Omen dude yet and I have like 4 or 5 sits of Grace that are all away from each other, was climbing tree branches and some stone dragon wings.

Does piss me off a ton of normal enemies have the Crucible Knight moveset, but at least I can backstab them and then charge R2 them to kill them for the most part. It does seem like a pretty huge gap between grace sites though unless I'm just not exploring in the right order.

• 2Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
There’s like five northwest castles. Which one you in?
I’m in the one with the guy in the cutscene, godrick maybe ? I don’t remember these fucking screaming kids we’re all around me during his fight, but im just chilling and cruising the castle now and really enjoying it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Taking a break from my main play through to try a str 2h build. Knocking down and stance breaking things left and right, feels good man.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wow, I just tried putting Hoarfrost on the nagakiba that I upgraded all the way and then never really used. It does more damage than the L2R2 from Moonveil +10 with 80 int and 40 dex. And it's actually insanely strong for AOEing trash, unlike the shitty L2R1 on Moonveil that stops at the first enemy it hits (which is weird since the R2 does pierce). Anybody playing dex/int definitely needs to try a weapon with Hoarfrost on it.

Still some situations where Moonveil is better though; Moonveil can hit flyers, does way more damage with a crit compared to the cold affinity nagakiba, and Transient Moonlight is both faster to execute and deals vastly more stance damage. Hoarfrost does stagger a lot of things, but I've never seen it break a stance.

I can't decide between cold and magic either. Cold only does less than 20 more damage on the L2, but it severely gimps the weapon for normal attacks, backstabs, etc. It definitely procs frostbite faster though, not sure if that makes up for it vs. a boss. I ended up sticking with magic for now just because I hate it when my backstabs leave stuff with a few pixels of hp. I've got enough equip weight to handle carrying around both Moonveil and the nagakiba though, so it might be better to only use it for Hoarfrost spam.

Whats your distinction between stagger and stance breaking?

Vorph

Stagger is when they get interrupted just briefly, stance break is when you hear that special noise and they fall on the ground.
Right. Anything that Hoarfrost staggers you can just chain stomp them to death and they will never fight back. Anything immune to the stagger will very likely push your shit in if you try more than one in a row, and Moonveil is probably a better choice.

Also did some more testing because I brainfarted on upgrading my nagakiba from 23 to 25 before I tested the first time. Cold wins in all cases at 25, I think because either dex or int scaling went up a letter on the final upgrade. Could depend on the weapon, definitely will vary if your stats aren't 40 dex / 80 int (though cold will only get better with more dex, because magic basically only scales off int and 80 is softcapped).

• 2Like