Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
JFC I tried to stop watching that spoiler video but I just couldn't. This game will take over my life, much to my girlfriend's chagrin.

Also, this Vaati guy seems like a solid streamer, his voice isn't grating and he doesn't talk like a retard.

Yeah, Vaati does a lot of the lore videos of the Dark Souls universe. They're really good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
JFC I tried to stop watching that spoiler video but I just couldn't. This game will take over my life, much to my girlfriend's chagrin.

Also, this Vaati guy seems like a solid streamer, his voice isn't grating and he doesn't talk like a retard.
Yeah I don’t really watch streams because they’re usually fucking annoying. Talking too much, making weird voices and yelling, over reacting to everything. Fucking hate that shit. This dude is none of those things, I didn’t mind that review at all. Well spoken and to the point, no extra garbage. This was just a review though so maybe he’s annoying if actually streaming. I understand the streamers need to fill silence with talking while actually playing through a game to keep people engaged.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I bought a PS5 almost a year ago and have literally never turned it on. Looks like come February it might never be getting turned off.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Disappointed female face enters room lit only by computer screen

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Playing right now. Runs like demon souls on ps5. Awesome stuff so far!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching streamers playing this, so excited for release. The graphics and animations look amazing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And I died. 3 minutes in. Welcome to Elden Ring

982BF220-DACE-423E-832E-38C07CBF3302.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok this game is fucking awesome. Preordering. And I hate preordering.

open world dark souls with mounted combat and a whole new slew of exploration tweaks.

Time for the bar.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I spent two hours on Burial Tree Watchdog. I can't believe it took me that long to beat him. He's such a simple boss. I could never get the parry timing down. Ugh....

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I spent two hours on Burial Tree Watchdog. I can't believe it took me that long to beat him. He's such a simple boss. I could never get the parry timing down. Ugh....
Me starting in these games: " I'm going to use my superior twitch skill developed over decades of gaming to play a parry build like a champion"

Me three hours: "fuck it I'm youtubing a meta cheese shield build and grinding through these fucking things"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Me starting in these games: " I'm going to use my superior twitch skill developed over decades of gaming to play a parry build like a champion"

Me three hours: "fuck it I'm youtubing a meta cheese shield build and grinding through these fucking things"
I've done a little of both, but I played Scholar of the First Sin (DS2 rerelease) with medium armor and a greatsword, no shield. I loved it.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

My twitch skills left me 10-15 years ago, I’m right there with you. I have to just accept my reflexes aren’t that of a 20 yo anymore and I’m just a mediocre gamer when it comes to action games.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I did that on my first play through ever of Dark Souls 1. I never went back to that strat again. My first run is always a melee with light to medium armor or Fashion Souls. Sometimes a parry shield, and sometimes not.

These games don't really require much twitch. It's just knowing the enemies really.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Got a few hours in, and man that world is huge now I see why it's taken them so long.. Worth it though!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh man I would kill to be in yr shoes to be able to replay all the DS again for the first time. So pls play them already!

Yeah, that's why I've been sitting on Dark Souls 3 for like four years now. It's the only one left that I get to play for the first time.

I hope Elden Ring is DS4 and not Sekiro. What I mean is that I hope they don't make it bonkers obnoxiously hard so half the players just give up on it. I didn't get anywhere with Sekiro but I always platinum Souls games by taking them slow and steady.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dark Souls, 1, 2 and 3. They all have ups and downs but the standout is 3 for sure.
2 is everyones least favorite but I liked it.
If you only going to play one game though play 3.

Think I should go ahead and play Souls 3 before Elden Ring, or leave it for some later point? Since ER might spoil me too much to go backwards for all I know. This looks incredible.

Third choice: I could just do neither and have TWO Souls games to play for the first time later!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Think I should go ahead and play Souls 3 before Elden Ring, or leave it for some later point? Since ER might spoil me too much to go backwards for all I know. This looks incredible.

Third choice: I could just do neither and have TWO Souls games to play for the first time later!
Yes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From the looks of it ER won't spoil DS3 at least, the gameplay are very similar, and while you'd go back from an open world to a zone world, that really shouldn't matter much, DS3 will still be interesting with cool layouts and shit. I guess you might get annoyed at the fact you can't jump anymore but that's about it.

That said if you have time you might as well play DS3 first.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Play 3 before ER. From the looks of it playing Elden Ring first will make DS3 a disappointment

• 1Like