Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what if this game was like game of thrones from a rich lore perspective but with the combat of demons souls, which is what it sounds like....

Might be epic.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m calling it lord of the rings with souls combat and botw exploration. In other words, the best.game.ever.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
So what if this game was like game of thrones

Did you just jinx it?

508.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Calling it, Dark Souls like combat in a Dark Souls like world only everything turned to 11.

Game of the century

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I got an idea, hear me out. A Dark Souls combat system, but in a world that is in the theme of dark souls.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Mine's a bit of a layup but I'll call it anyways: I bet the story won't make any fucking sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Wtf is wrong with all you people that love Dark Souls games? Yes, please, bash my dick on concrete over and over again, I love it so much. You guys are all weird.

The times where you finally beat a boss can't be THAT good to make up for all the fucking stupid difficulty.

Just razzing you guys, as to each their own. I just don't get it. :(

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Wtf is wrong with all you people that love Dark Souls games? Yes, please, bash my dick on concrete over and over again, I love it so much. You guys are all weird.

The times where you finally beat a boss can't be THAT good to make up for all the fucking stupid difficulty.

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

From Soft games aren't that hard, especially if you've played them all. At worst there's a small handful of outlier bosses, and those are almost all from DLCs.

"Fucking stupid difficulty" should be reserved for something like Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
You basically have to let the game shape you into a survivor and a killer or you can't progress. That process just looks like pain

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crone Crone - its something I cant quantify for everyone, but for me.. Its the fact that once I figure a boss out, I can beat him in 15-30 seconds and not take a single tick of damage. The challenge where the boss would make me scream in frustration one moment, is now relegated to a fucking grey mob in an MMO. Its not because I went out and farmed mind numbingly for three hours and came back and beat him because of brute force, but because I learned how to actually play against him. If you want to compare it to an MMO - its when you fight a Mythic boss and you have to throw your guild at it hundreds of times before everyone is on the same step, at the same exact fucking time. For me, just to make that clear, that is what makes these games enjoyable. Except, that if I get the bosses "gimmick" within 3 tries, I dont have to put up with johnny retard that cant understand the mechanic after the 103rd pull. It's a personal battle with me and the game and I appreciate that every once in a while.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's up the player to make the games as hard as you want to make them. If you play a magic user, the Souls games are pretty easy. Melee only character with no shield or a parry shield plus no magic is the way to to play these games if you want a challenge. That is how I play them my first time around. 2nd or third play through I tinker around with easier builds.

Elden Ring seems like every character will have some sort of magic use to them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played Dark Souls for like 10 minutes and never again so could never get into these games. But after playing God of War (which I think is considered Souls-lite maybe? Similar mechanics but MUCH easier) I am definitely going to check this out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I played Dark Souls for like 10 minutes and never again so could never get into these games. But after playing God of War (which I think is considered Souls-lite maybe? Similar mechanics but MUCH easier) I am definitely going to check this out.
I guess they’re both 3rd person action RPGs but I don’t think the similarities go much further than that.

Edit: I think Dark Souls has pretty universal appeal so long as you allow yourself to adapt to the tough-but-fair mechanics. There’s lots of ways to be creative and use the world and level design to your advantage. While there’s no difficulty selector, choosing a magic build (instead of melee) inherently makes the vast majority of encounters easier.

You didn’t say what turned you off in those first 10 minutes, but I think 10 minutes isn’t nearly enough to get a good feel for what Souls is about. At least finish the tutorial area and spend ten minutes in the post-tutorial game world.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
For those who played the open beta: was it as hard or harder than Bloodborne? It just seems to me that this setting and the tie to George Martin is an attempt at trying to broaden the appeal of FromSoft games into the medium hardcore players. I admit that I hated DS1 for the first hour I played it but became a convert quickly; maybe this one is at least easier at the beginning to encourage more play from "casuals"?

• 2Like