Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah from what I have played they are completely different games. Similarities in some sound, atmosphere etc. But gameplay, jumping, horses, open world - yeah.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I should go ahead and play Souls 3 before Elden Ring, or leave it for some later point? Since ER might spoil me too much to go backwards for all I know. This looks incredible.

Third choice: I could just do neither and have TWO Souls games to play for the first time later!
The one that keeps me coming back once every year of so is bloodborne. Its very good!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Think I should go ahead and play Souls 3 before Elden Ring, or leave it for some later point? Since ER might spoil me too much to go backwards for all I know. This looks incredible.

Third choice: I could just do neither and have TWO Souls games to play for the first time later!
Play DS3 before elden ring comes out.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No invasions unless the person has a co op partner.

Offset by that magic port away and set up another ambush item

Fact is I usually invade into a cleared map of people farming invaders

The arrow pointing you to the host is another good offset I think

I have success there and all but... just let the people who don't like solo invades unplug their cable or whatever

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Turn em on that shit is hilarious especially when you kick their ass. Or in my case....

In Demon Souls Remake, I just finished off killing Old King Allant - went through all the final cut scenes, had a TON of souls...

Was back in NG+ - went outside and immediately cornered by an invader who killed me. Somehow I warped back to King Allant's room but this time King Allant was bugged to shit and not able to hit me for any damage so killed him again, got his souls again, warped back, went outside and got the souls I dropped as a result of dying to the invader, went back and leveled up something fierce :p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always enjoyed pushing people off cliffs/ladders etc. I really hope thats still a thing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

Ds3 is an amazing experience. I’d definitely recommend it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's why I've been sitting on Dark Souls 3 for like four years now. It's the only one left that I get to play for the first time.

I hope Elden Ring is DS4 and not Sekiro. What I mean is that I hope they don't make it bonkers obnoxiously hard so half the players just give up on it. I didn't get anywhere with Sekiro but I always platinum Souls games by taking them slow and steady.

More Dark Souls from the Network Test vs Sekiro, there is the Sekiro Stealth Mechanic but that's all that was avail in the test.(Who knows if they have anything "special" planned for later.)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
More Dark Souls from the Network Test vs Sekiro, there is the Sekiro Stealth Mechanic but that's all that was avail in the test.(Who knows if they have anything "special" planned for later.)
From what I saw on the network tests (and I watched almost all 7 hours of oroboros first playthrough)

Sekiro: Jumping and stealth. No real stealth sections in the test, assume there might be some areas / encounters in the full game where it is featured more heavily. I guess you could add the "counter" block/parry to Sekiro gameplay, but that looks like more of a bonus damage thing rather than a must do mechanic.

Bloodborne: No gimmic on death unlike most souls games. Die, start at full health.

The rest was truly Dark Souls open world.

Basically everything good from previous games put into one.

Rare thing to have a game so hyped feature a massive gameplay test creating more hype. I am well and truly excited. It looks amazing.

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
From what I saw on the network tests (and I watched almost all 7 hours of oroboros first playthrough)

Sekiro: Jumping and stealth. No real stealth sections in the test, assume there might be some areas / encounters in the full game where it is featured more heavily. I guess you could add the "counter" block/parry to Sekiro gameplay, but that looks like more of a bonus damage thing rather than a must do mechanic.

Bloodborne: No gimmic on death unlike most souls games. Die, start at full health.

The rest was truly Dark Souls open world.

Basically everything good from previous games put into one.

Rare thing to have a game so hyped feature a massive gameplay test creating more hype. I am well and truly excited. It looks amazing.

I call the jumping system part of Sekiro also, was really weird rofl but works really nice once you get over it.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Sticking with tried and true no coop / melee build, now also with no summons, I figure this way when I replay it using summons and magic it will be that much more fun. (Like the consumable time, I've never summoned npcs for boss fights)

Also looks like melee only will be hard conpared to ranged and the beefed up magic this time around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Can't wait for that Australian youtuber to make a video explaining this story because I have no idea whats going on.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn that trailer got me fucking hype. And its then I realized I really fucking dig the storytelling in Fromsoft games. As minimal as it is, its really steeped in myth, fable and legend. And the worlds are built to reflect that in so many ways. It also really helps that its backed up by some of the best gameplay that's evolved since third person gaming.

• 2Like