Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Except that, for the most part, the boss versions of those mobs in the early game tend to be easier than the goddamn "trash mob" versions of them you run into later in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1647439780203.png

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 10 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There is a respec in this game so don’t worry about gimping yourself. When you get any new weapon with a new special attack, equip it and try it. There are a lot of different weapon skills in the game and some do some pretty cool stuff, some will “click” with you and you’ll learn to kick ass with it. There are guides out there if you want to know what to do but basically you should just explore and find areas where you can kill some shit. If you get stuck on something go explore some more. You’ll find tons of new weapons, armors, areas you can do.

Are smithing stones easy to come by or should I be saving them for better weapons and stuff? I +3 or +4'd my starter longsword and +1 my shield which helped a lot.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are smithing stones easy to come by or should I be saving them for better weapons and stuff? I +3 or +4'd my starter longsword and +1 my shield which helped a lot.
The early ones are easy, don’t worry about it. You’ll get stuck on the 6s and 7s for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They eventually become plentiful, power up what you are using but don’t power up random shit. You can at the end buy all stones up to and including +9, the only ones that are limited are the ancient dragon ones to power up to +10.

Also, some weapons use smithing stones and some use somber smithing stones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
was stuck on somber +7 for a while, and now I'm holding a +9 with no +8. No way in hell am I returning to the Lake of Rot for anything. that zone is AIDS

EDIT: I actually just checked the map. the next time I am down to less than 1k souls, I'm going to warp back and YOLO my way to a +8

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are smithing stones easy to come by or should I be saving them for better weapons and stuff? I +3 or +4'd my starter longsword and +1 my shield which helped a lot.T
There isn't much reason to +1 the shield. Save them for your weapon.

The stones are pretty abundant. Especially if you go in to a mine. They look like this on the map:
1647442167685.png

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
At some point, some NPC talked about a statue of, presumably Godfrey, in Leyndell likely having a secret associated with it. Anyone recall what I’m referring to, and know what comes of that?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe one of those statues that you need to have broken by an enemy? I'm pretty sure there's one but I can't recall where exactly.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Any advice for the twin gargoyles in aqueducts. I'm not strong enough to burn down the first before his buddy joins in.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
At some point, some NPC talked about a statue of, presumably Godfrey, in Leyndell likely having a secret associated with it. Anyone recall what I’m referring to, and know what comes of that?
I thought it was a secret in the statue of Radagon.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Any advice for the twin gargoyles in aqueducts. I'm not strong enough to burn down the first before his buddy joins in.
Keep focused on the first one and fight him as far away from the spawn as possible. Second dude takes a good 20-30 seconds to get to you. He also doesn’t spawn in until first is at half so try and get him as close to half as possible before bringing a large beat down/stagger.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It is part of the Goldmask questline and a major plot point that I discuss in spoilers a couple of pages back, about the true identity of Radagon.

• 2Like

Goonsquad Officer
eventually mines start to drop 'bell bearings' which add old stone tiers to the vendor to buy forever. i would suggest that 1-4 are imminently spendable because you can find those bearings before the capital.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i always 'kept the target' between me and the fresh gargoyle. the add will some times do big attacks 'at you' but it will try to jocky toward you with it's slow stride mostly and if you keep gargoyle A between you and gargoyle B you can buy more time.

though i was massive shield bro so maybe when you play hoophoophoop roll man it doesn't work that way.

• 1Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer
some one told me that if you gesture at statues with the gesture they do, secrets happen, but i must not have the gestures they want because i haven't found this in game yet heh.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah finding gestures is definitely going to need a guide. Some are random items on the ground, some are quest rewards, and I even found some in chests. One that surprised me was I did find one of those statues and I happened to have just received/seen that stance and I also saw a player ghost climbing a ladder that wasn't there. I put on my sherlock holmes hat and tried the gesture. Then a ladder dropped down.

It was actually a really cool experience.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It is part of the Goldmask questline and a major plot point that I discuss in spoilers a couple of pages back, about the true identity of Radagon.

Which npc gave me this clue?

Goldmask questline isn’t ringing a bell, game is so big I’ve lost track of lots of mysteries lol.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
maybe when you play hoophoophoop roll man it doesn't work that way.
I'm basically a roll/dodge flawless for the first 90% of a fight, then roll right into the boss's most powerful attack and die kind of guy...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm basically a roll/dodge flawless for the first 90% of a fight, then roll right into the boss's most powerful attack and die kind of guy...
A man after my own heart.

I prefer to get gibbed when there is one hit left. Or I go all in thinking there's one hit left, die to the strongest attack and realized I had just too little stamina to do the final attack that would have actually killed it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like