Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel bad because I convinced a friend of mine to get this and the souls series never really clicked for him. He did get Bloodborne but I think he hit a wall at Father G.

The good thing is his Bro In Law is also playing it, and making decent progress, so Im hoping he sees how good it can be. He now claims he is just finishing Metroid Prime and then focusing on ER, just hope I didn't steer him wrong due to my obsession.

That said, it really is a game that will grow on you once you get past the initial "growing pains". It never really holds your hand, but at the same time it does get easier overall once you get some levels and experience under your belt.

My new plan is to stay mostly blind for my first STR playthrough and then replay it with looking up the 1836362636 things I missed along the way.
Just dont try to recommend that he play through the game limiting himself from half of what the game offers as if the game is meant to be played that way. Im def not the biggest souls fan but loved this game

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm happy to report that little bitch-ass sorcerer in the study hall is dead. Also,I got a new look going here. I call it The Angel of Depth.

PXL_20220316_001743582.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 17 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is my first ever Souls type game. What do I do? Just run around and explore and seemingly die to like 90% of enemies? Lol.

Also went Vagabond and just focusing melee type stats, how easy is it to gimp yourself?
Not only can you not permanently gimp yourself, you can also farm runes extremely easily if you want to play on easy mode

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm happy to report that little bitch-ass sorcerer in the study hall is dead. Also,I got a new look going here. I call it The Angel of Depth.

View attachment 403514
Hahahaha I got that set but didn't equip it yet, that's hilarious! I may have to throw it on if I dont go to Heavy roll mode. I also just killed that bitch ass Miriam!

• 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just dont try to recommend that he play through the game limiting himself from half of what the game offers as if the game is meant to be played that way. Im def not the biggest souls fan but loved this game
Nah I actually told him to try and work magic into his build, I just didn't realize how weak it was until you pour points into Int or whatever. (I read that here, never really did a spell casting build).

Actually looking forward to my 2nd playthrough, I'm thinking a hybrid dex / caster build but we shall see.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow, actually just had a crash. First bug I've seen at all. Was teleporting from Volcano Manor to Magma Wyrm to do Patch's Request and it just quit out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just killed that Miriam dude. He played so annoyingly I could have sworn he was an invader.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
For anyone thinking about going sword caster I'd recommend trying out Wings of Astel over Moonveil. It's got a unique moveset.

L2 is a slightly delayed frontal PB AoE that costs very little FP and can shotgun. R2 is a free magical attack that can be charged to chain 2 attacks and it can also use the Heavy Attack cancel backflip animation. It's not as safe as Moonveil because Transient Moonlight has better range but its definitely a cool weapon if you're looking for something different for an Int/Dex build.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I kept banging my head against Malenia off and on for a week.

Try her. Get stomped at lvl 90.
Come back at lvl 110. Get stomped.
Come back at 130. Still get stomped.

Finally got her down at 150 while she was still taking out half my health with a single hit.

Definitely in my top 3 boss fights in the entire series up there with Kalameet and Orphan.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
More like almost every weapon either already comes with hybrid damage, or everyone mods their weapon to be hybrid damage because the numbers are so absurd this time around even after accounting for split resistances.

Also grease only lasts like 60 seconds, which in elden ring terms is basically like 1 maybe 2 attacks against a boss most times.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 403514
I actually never had a problem with that cunt. I died like one time. I Lined of Sight abused him like a little bitch though.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Question about NG+ for those who have done it. I know you keep a bunch of stuff like talismans, armor, upgraded weapons, rememberances, etc. But do you also keep ashes of war and the tear seals from the Erdtree avatars?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I actually never had a problem with that cunt. I died like one time. I Lined of Sight abused him like a little bitch though.
I didn't even bother with him after my first post bitching about him and when I went back to the inverted version of the tower, he was easy to just range down.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Question about NG+ for those who have done it. I know you keep a bunch of stuff like talismans, armor, upgraded weapons, rememberances, etc. But do you also keep ashes of war and the tear seals from the Erdtree avatars?

You keep literally everything besides key items/quest items. Flask upgrades spells etc, anything you could deem an piece of gear or consumable.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
A design choice I particularly enjoy in From games is that they use early game bosses as trash mobs in the mid-late game just to hammer home how far you've come. (There are numerous examples, but off the top of my head, the pumpkin head guys, Black Knife assassins, erd tree avatars, crucible knights, etc.)

• 1Like