Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Goonsquad Officer
I'm basically a roll/dodge flawless for the first 90% of a fight, then roll right into the boss's most powerful attack and die kind of guy...
hah oof yea. i'm so tanked up i just whittle the foe, and when they are 'critically low' i'll just eat a hit to smack them. fucked me a time or two, but i got to the point that i can trade hits with a lot of mobs.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any advice for the twin gargoyles in aqueducts. I'm not strong enough to burn down the first before his buddy joins in.
The best way to do them is simpler than you think.

Git gud fgt

• 13Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The best way to do them is simpler than you think.

Git gud fgt
Young Leonardo Dicaprio GIFs | Tenor

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Will the mimic tear spawn and use weapons you equip, even if you don't meet the req stats for the weapon? If so, will they be able to trigger the ashes of war on them?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I kept banging my head against Malenia off and on for a week.

Try her. Get stomped at lvl 90.
Come back at lvl 110. Get stomped.
Come back at 130. Still get stomped.

Finally got her down at 150 while she was still taking out half my health with a single hit.

Definitely in my top 3 boss fights in the entire series up there with Kalameet and Orphan.

I never had much trouble with Kalameet considering how often I see him mentioned like this. His breath attacks in particular leave him wide open for melee damage.

Malenia is definitely the fight I had the most trouble with in ER, followed by Radahn. I'd put it up there with Orphan for sure.

Top five hardest fights in the series for me:
5. Manus (Souls 1)
4. Lud and Zallen (Souls 2, mainly because of the run back)
3. Malenia (Elden Ring)
2. Fume Knight (Souls 2)
1. Orphan (Bloodborne)

Interesting to note that all of these are DLC fights (except Malenia, who seems like she was supposed to be a DLC fight)

• 1Like

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I just picked up this game and have gotten my vagabond to level 21 so far as a 2h greatsword +4 user. I've been trying to kill a mini-boss in some flooded ruins which is a spectral ferryman (Tidal something) who teleports away when you attack him. Once you run to his new location, he's surrounded by 4 undead and after a short fight, he teleports away again.

Each time I start attacking him, I have to keep moving to avoid the adds and then I can't do much damage to him before he teleports again. After 4-5 teleports, I'm basically out of flasks and end up dying. Torrent dissipates after a couple of teleports too so I end up needing to kill the adds after that.

Am I just too low level at this point or is there some other way around it?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just picked up this game and have gotten my vagabond to level 21 so far as a 2h greatsword +4 user. I've been trying to kill a mini-boss in some flooded ruins which is a spectral ferryman (Tidal something) who teleports away when you attack him. Once you run to his new location, he's surrounded by 4 undead and after a short fight, he teleports away again.

Each time I start attacking him, I have to keep moving to avoid the adds and then I can't do much damage to him before he teleports again. After 4-5 teleports, I'm basically out of flasks and end up dying. Torrent dissipates after a couple of teleports too so I end up needing to kill the adds after that.

Am I just too low level at this point or is there some other way around it?
Run around on the horse and avoid the skeletons. Torrent shouldn't disappear unless you are getting hit with something?

Easy boss that way.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Someone a while back mentioned a torch that reveals invisibility or spirits? Where's that from? Sick of these black knive fucks, but I don't even know the name of whatever the item is to look it up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Torrent dissipates if you press L3 down, which is very easy to do. Before I realized this, he would often poof at really inopportune moments and I didn't know what was going on.

As for the ferryman boss, just play aggressively and stay close to him, wait for his big slam attack and dodge around him. The slam attack will knock out whatever undead are hovering around, and you can whack him a few times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Torrent dissipates if you press L3 down, which is very easy to do. Before I realized this, he would often poof at really inopportune moments and I didn't know what was going on.

As for the ferryman boss, just play aggressively and stay close to him, wait for his big slam attack and dodge around him. The slam attack will knock out whatever undead are hovering around, and you can whack him a few times.
Aha! I did not know that! I'm not even sure what L3 is as I'm using a PS4 controller on the PC. :p

• 2Seriously?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else use Bloodhounds Fang? I’ve never heard this mentioned anywhere and it, along with the Golden Halberd, are the only two weapons I’ve leveled up and I fucking love this thing. I got it pretty early and it’s carried me through most of the game so far. It has bleed, good poise damage, a nice move set, good on horseback and attacks fairly quickly.

A lot of weapons I want to try have faith, arcane or mind requirements that I don’t meet. I want to find a good hammer type weapon to level up.

I wish there was an easier way to preview what upgraded stats would be on weapons without using a wiki.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure if anyone knew or maybe the new guys needed to know, but some merchants sell a "lantern". Its a reusable light source that hangs on your belt so you don't need to carry a torch in one of your hands.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For all you bros that hate rats and dogs, just use a beast repellant torch. Makes them just chill out and stand there ready for slaying.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Which npc gave me this clue?

Goldmask questline isn’t ringing a bell, game is so big I’ve lost track of lots of mysteries lol.
The turtle cleric gave you the clue. He's in the church where you can make hostile NPCs non aggressive again. I can offer more pointed clues if you'd like.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else use Bloodhounds Fang? I’ve never heard this mentioned anywhere and it, along with the Golden Halberd, are the only two weapons I’ve leveled up and I fucking love this thing. I got it pretty early and it’s carried me through most of the game so far. It has bleed, good poise damage, a nice move set, good on horseback and attacks fairly quickly.

A lot of weapons I want to try have faith, arcane or mind requirements that I don’t meet. I want to find a good hammer type weapon to level up.

I wish there was an easier way to preview what upgraded stats would be on weapons without using a wiki.
Yeah i used that for quite a while. Bleed damage is a nice big chunk when it builds up. It hits pretty hard for how quick it is, and the special attack is pretty big area.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users