Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok. I have the shackle and tried it just to see what it did, only worked twice. I didn’t get him to 50%. I was tired and not really giving it my all which is why I left, sometimes I just don’t want to bang against a boss so I’ll just mark it and leave.
Into his 2nd phase You need to apply a specific physick through a quest line that shields you from him sucking lots of hp from you into him.

There was a wall cheese of sorts which was removed in the recent patch so everyone needs to face him toe to toe...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Re: mohg, i really enjoyed that fight. Last one i did before cheesing the game with moonveil and whorefrost.

Caliane

It just hit me final fantasy XV with this type of world would have been insane, it is actually pretty close in terms of places to explore just nothing was nearly as good.
the overall level/world design seems great. layers circling back into each other. secrets, etc..

theres a few things, that keep me away though. (basically, their studios entire library)
1. its ugly as sin. its dark, brown and ugly. full of death, decay and rot.
2. its depressing as fuck. same idea, but now the storylines. I am sick to death of pyric victories in vidya as the good end, and most others just outright bad ends. The shit is insufferable, and out of control..

like, Imagine if they took their game design and set it in the Feywild, and you were just surrounded by asshole Elves, Unseelie, Fairies, Dryads, and shit. instead of just undead ruins over and over.

3. I didnt like the controls. (darksouls) I dont like games that use both top buttons actively. I felt like I was fighting with the controls the entire time I played. I wasnt fighting monster, I was fighting the controller. (I don't remember if I tried to play with kb/m)
4. lack of civilization. back to this one again. I like to feel like I'm fighting for someone, and that the world is lived in.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to play a build like this but with a mod that makes bloodhounds step cost stamina instead of fp.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
From FSR:

1647648476115.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the overall level/world design seems great. layers circling back into each other. secrets, etc..

theres a few things, that keep me away though. (basically, their studios entire library)
1. its ugly as sin. its dark, brown and ugly. full of death, decay and rot.
2. its depressing as fuck. same idea, but now the storylines. I am sick to death of pyric victories in vidya as the good end, and most others just outright bad ends. The shit is insufferable, and out of control..

like, Imagine if they took their game design and set it in the Feywild, and you were just surrounded by asshole Elves, Unseelie, Fairies, Dryads, and shit. instead of just undead ruins over and over.

3. I didnt like the controls. (darksouls) I dont like games that use both top buttons actively. I felt like I was fighting with the controls the entire time I played. I wasnt fighting monster, I was fighting the controller. (I don't remember if I tried to play with kb/m)
4. lack of civilization. back to this one again. I like to feel like I'm fighting for someone, and that the world is lived in.
Besides 3, that sounds like making it like every other open world high fantasy rpg.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Anyone went against Mogh Lord of the blood yet? How yall like him?!?
I didn't have trouble with him but I did do him out of order so maybe I was over-leveled. I think I died twice before taking him down.

I didn't have either of the special items for the fight (actually, it turns out I did have the shackle but I didn't use it). I just used the damage protection physick and healed through his three-part sigil attack by timing the flask use: make sure I'm at max HP before he starts chanting, take damage (mitigated by physick), take damage, heal, take damage, live.

As long as you cure the bloodloss buildup and don't try and tank that it doesn't seem so bad. Sure, he heals a lot but after Melenia I fear no fuckface healing boss.

Godrick's Axe +10 is my go-to weapon but I also used Godskin Peeler for this fight since Black Flame Inferno makes me laugh. 40 vigor. I used the Mimic Ash even though it has been nerfed. I also had some talisman that "prevents a lot of non-physical damage" and maybe that helped.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Into his 2nd phase You need to apply a specific physick through a quest line that shields you from him sucking lots of hp from you into him.

There was a wall cheese of sorts which was removed in the recent patch so everyone needs to face him toe to toe...
He never did anything like that to me. Just went down there to try him again, his attacks were pretty easy to see coming. Once I got him under 50% I’d shackle him when he was doing a big wind up. Run in and fuck him up. One shotted him.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haha just one shot Morgott right after him. I thought that was going to be a head banger.

Goonsquad Officer
right now i'm one trick pony heavy armor fatkid greatshield and giant-crusher guy. on some foes, (astel, dragons) i feel like i'd like to have a longer weapon with an overhand swipe. so i got to looking at collossal greatswords, found 2 with strength scaling that's nice:

right now i do a heavy: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Giant-Crusher

anyone have any experience with the ruins greatsword? or thinks about it vs watchdogs? thinking of just pumping one abit to play with for when i want a bit more range. or does anyone know about any S-strength scaling polearms or anything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
After one shotting mohg and morgott back to back I then proceed to die to yard trash several times looking for the next site of grace outside the capital. Just when I get all cocky thinking I’m gittin gud.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After one shotting mohg and morgott back to back I then proceed to die to yard trash several times looking for the next site of grace outside the capital. Just when I get all cocky thinking I’m gittin gud.

what you one shot em with?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Moonveil +9, crucible tree armor set, headless summon guy, kukri’s. Not sure if you could Mount on morgott but I didn’t.

Edit: oh also was 122. Pretty sure I’m way over leveled. I’ve been combing every inch I can, pretty sure I’m still missing a lot of stuff cause I’ve seen pics of shit I don’t have like Soygen Soygen angel of depth armor. Not sure where he got that.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
He never did anything like that to me. Just went down there to try him again, his attacks were pretty easy to see coming. Once I got him under 50% I’d shackle him when he was doing a big wind up. Run in and fuck him up. One shotted him.
I don’t think the mohg in the capitol sewers is the one he was talking about

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Melania down in 3 tries. Don't get the issue with her. I found Fire Giant way harder.