Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only way to fill the void after Elden Ring is to play DS1 over and over again
I am going to be playing thos for a long time but I did pick up ds1-3 on PS for when I'm done, been wanting to replay them but my computer died.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How about the fact that the first death was actually two deaths at the same instant?

Also, there is a ton of evidence that a comet hit the world eons ago and it had life on it.
There’s a giant crater in the center of the map, so probably. Plus the entire map is littered with the identical coliseum looking city ruins…so maybe a space city fell from orbit and hit right there? Idk, I’m not good at figuring this shit out, too many notes and weapon descriptions to keep track of.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The problem is almost all the video games you play are actually terrible or merely mediocre at best, like actual all of them. Horizon or whatever other Assassin's Creed or the latest EA abomination whatever it may be are not good - they are skinnerboxes designed by psychologists to keep you just engaged yet frustrated enough to crack open their cash shop.

Actual truly good games are super super rare, and when one finally does come along then yea, it really takes the shine off everything else. Happened with God of War 4 a few years back, Last of Us before that, etc.

You guys are such fan bois. Horizon Zero Dawn was a great game. Hades, is a great game. There arent a ton of them every year but there are at least a few. And the cocksucking in this thread is a little out of hand.

• 4Salty
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Think about all the weird shit you see in this game, and yet is there anything as weird or out of place as the spirit jellyfish? That is what I want lore about, I am happy making my own story of the rest but when it comes to those jellyfish...

GIF by Team Coco

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Someone didn't find the ruins in the Mountaintop of Giants

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it actually possible to roll/dodge Milenias anime attack? My current setup relies super heavily on 2h for damage/stagger, but I can't survive her even using that attack much less avoid enough of it for her to not heal 40% health.

I've tried:

Sprint in various directions trying to build distance, no dice tho she just teleports as far as she needs to to be on top of you.

Rolling forward doesn't get you out of range, neither does backwards. The bonus roll talisman doesn't even do it.

You can soak the entire thing with about ~73 shield stability, provided she doesn't clip over you during it and assrape you from behind anyway, but even if you do she gets the full heal from it.
Found I could get away with getting hit once, maybe twice. Rolling into her seems to be best. Especially on the second one you want to roll basically onto her because its a small aoe.

A lot of these pvp showcases are so staged its laughable.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Confused about the order to do stuff. Trying to do the Volcano Manor assassination quests but they want me to go kill someone in the mountain top of the giants. So I need to do go through the capital to get to the mountain top of giants before I can kill Rykard?

taebin

Same trailer, different park
If you want the item Tanith gives you (like I do, completionist mentality, ugh).

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goddamnit I just wanted to go some shopping from my man Iji, what the fuck is this shit:

Capture.PNG

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
How about the fact that the first death was actually two deaths at the same instant?

Also, there is a ton of evidence that a comet hit the world eons ago and it had life on it.
Two halves, each getting one half of the Cursemark of death: One for the body where the spirit survives, and the other where the spirit dies but the body survives.

The Great Caravan stuff is just an amazing thread to pull to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

There is also evidence that there was an Age of Dragons who eventually went to sleep before Marika became Queen, IIRC, the Age of the ErdTree, and potentially something else before the Greater Will and its machinations.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished up my archer build run, what a hassle. I'm never doing that again. The concept is fun in some ways, but some of the fights are just ridiculous and the farming is a huge pain in the ass. I think I spent more time trying to get levels and make arrows than doing the content.

The variety of arrow types to drop effects on bosses is pretty cool, but some feel like a necessity (blood type to actual do big damage), and some are just a lot of work to farm (rot arrows are great but the main ingredient doesn't respawn and the drop is super rare off the insect guys).

Its obvious FromSoft didn't want it to be a main spec, but I will say some of the weapons are pretty fun to use. The serpent bow with serpent arrows can drop poison on most things after 2-3 hits, and the pulley crossbow is ridiculously useful for hammering enemies.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished up my archer build run, what a hassle. I'm never doing that again. The concept is fun in some ways, but some of the fights are just ridiculous and the farming is a huge pain in the ass. I think I spent more time trying to get levels and make arrows than doing the content.

The variety of arrow types to drop effects on bosses is pretty cool, but some feel like a necessity (blood type to actual do big damage), and some are just a lot of work to farm (rot arrows are great but the main ingredient doesn't respawn and the drop is super rare off the insect guys).

Its obvious FromSoft didn't want it to be a main spec, but I will say some of the weapons are pretty fun to use. The serpent bow with serpent arrows can drop poison on most things after 2-3 hits, and the pulley crossbow is ridiculously useful for hammering enemies.
I learned not to play a class that relies on farming mats as it’s main source of damage from FF11. Ranger was fun but spending a day to farm so you could play a day was awful.

Doing some kind of dex hybrid archer sounds interesting but I would not want to do it as my main source of attacks. Poisoning enemies with arrows is indeed satisfying, poison worked well for me on several bosses. I ended up using poisoned darts eventually though, just more convenient than a bow since you can keep your main weapon out. You have to throw more to build it up but they’re faster so it’s probably similar in how quickly you can stick it on them.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

What's next, you going to learn to unicycle? :D

Archer build would be fun to explore, but I'd probably get or create a modded talisman that prevents arrow depletion.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What's next, you going to learn to unicycle? :D

Archer build would be fun to explore, but I'd probably get or create a modded talisman that prevents arrow depletion.
Meh unicycling is pretty easy. It took me a few hours to learn when I was 15, can still do it in my 40s. I hadn’t ridden one for 10+ years, got another one last year and hopped on like I’d never stopped, just like riding a bike. Didn’t even need a talisman to help me.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
111mb patch today
Major items included in the latest update

・Fixed a bug that sometime prevented players from advancing NPC Nepheli Loux’s questline

・Fixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum

・Fixed a bug that prevented Ash of War, Endure from taking effect

・Fixed a bug in multiplayer that allowed players to teleport others to incorrect map coordinates

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
111mb patch today
Major items included in the latest update

・Fixed a bug that sometime prevented players from advancing NPC Nepheli Loux’s questline

・Fixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum

・Fixed a bug that prevented Ash of War, Endure from taking effect

・Fixed a bug in multiplayer that allowed players to teleport others to incorrect map coordinates
I tried going down the cliff behind Beastial Sanctum a couple times a few days ago because I read that there’s a talisman there. I was very confused that there was a kill box at the edge of the obvious drop down spot. Guess I’ll have to check it out again today!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Having capped my Faith and getting tired of being beat like a red headed stepchild I upped my Endurance so I could wear some real armor...

... and it doesn't seem to do jack?

The difference between being naked and wearing heavy metal seems almost inconsequential. If I get hit I get owned. I almost feel like I would have been better off putting those points into vigor.

• 1Faggotry

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Having capped my Faith and getting tired of being beat like a red headed stepchild I upped my Endurance so I could wear some real armor...

... and it doesn't seem to do jack?

The difference between being naked and wearing heavy metal seems almost inconsequential. If I get hit I get owned. I almost feel like I would have been better off putting those points into vigor.
Have you tried gitting gud?

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Poise is the main benefit of heavier armor and its pretty huge. But it takes major investment to get to the 80-100 poise where you really see a strong impact. Other than that, resists are nice in certain cases, especially the one that resists bleed buildup since every fucking enemy in existance starts piling it on after a certain point in the game.