Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
Huge open world, dangerous areas where you can just die if not careful, figuring out the lore by reading text and worldbuilding, figuring out the game and quests with other players.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Huge open world, dangerous areas where you can just die if not careful, figuring out the lore by reading text and worldbuilding, figuring out the game and quests with other players.
200w.gif

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Maybe it was closer to Elden Ring than modern WoW, but lol no.

Like, a man in a dress with pronouns is closer to a woman than a man is. But it's still not a woman.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe it was closer to Elden Ring than modern WoW, but lol no.

Like, a man in a dress with pronouns is closer to a woman than a man is. But it's still not a woman.
I'm talking specifically about the complaints the Blizzard Dev has, the games are similar in that specific way.

Obviously they have huge differences too.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Not even fucking close.

Coming from EQ, WOW seemed so fucking easy and forgiving.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not even fucking close.

Coming from EQ, WOW seemed so fucking easy and forgiving.

Yeah I'd say EQ was the Elden Ring of MMO's, but WoW has always been hand-holdy and theme-parky. We even commented on it back in 2004 when it came out, comparing it negatively to EQ. It was fun, but it was no FromSoft game.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Original WoW's goal was to make a better version of EQ and strip out Soulsbourne-like elements from it. I love ER, loved original WoW and loved original EQ.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
With radar guidance systems, bear ass quests, auction houses. Not to mention overall it was way easier. I don’t think I died in wow until I was in my 20s. I remember thinking it was pretty easy coming from EQ. It’s not comparable to Elden Ring at all, completely different experiences.

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'd say EQ was the Elden Ring of MMO's, but WoW has always been hand-holdy and theme-parky. We even commented on it back in 2004 when it came out, comparing it negatively to EQ. It was fun, but it was no FromSoft game.
Your first day logging into EQ, at least it was for me.

You're a human in Freeport with nothing but a rusty club, a cloth shirt, and a note to find your guildmaster (whoever the fuck that is). It's raining and dark and you also can't see shit. Go try and talk to a guard but hit 'a' before opening the chat prompt and proceed to get insta killed by the guard. Loading, please wait.

Welcome to EverQuest baby! Where everyone starts as a Wretch!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Goonsquad Officer
Original WoW's goal was to make a better version of EQ and strip out Soulsbourne-like elements from it. I love ER, loved original WoW and loved original EQ.
I was big sad t hat wow didn't use that glorious engine to run a literal EQstyle game. with huge open world dungeons you camped shit in, and meaningful, incomperable loot. hard level experience. emergent game play. etc etc. instead they made a glorified quest hub mover.

That coupled with the utter lore butchery from WC 2-3 and i was out. didn't make the first expansion :(

Goonsquad Officer
Your first day logging into EQ,
i made a troll. in game gamma was so bad i couldn't see shit (despite troll vision). i fell into a hole. couldn't figure out how to look up to get out of the tiny water pit. logged out. started another manz in an area with lots of players who gave tips. some days passed, then i played the troll again equipped with wisdom of how to not fall in holes.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's a shame because original World of Warcraft was EXACTLY like Elden Ring and I'm not even exaggerating.
I know I said the other post was the stupidest thing you have ever posted. I stand corrected. Bravo....?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Another instance of unused content apparently receiving new life. This guy thinks the Farron Wolf from DS3 is the base for the red wolf of Radagon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
this looks like it could be funny on a NG+ run if they dont patch it out first

That’s cool. I’ve wanted a drone view video of the map to just buzz around and look at how big and connected it is from above. Looks like that’s the way to do it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like that enemy.

The one that can do lightning attacks can eat shit though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else feel inclined to change around the controller key bindings. Seems weird to have block on left button versus left trigger. I don’t know. I feel like it could be improved and moved around a little to match most other games?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't play EQ but it's probably a better comparison.