Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Poise is the main benefit of heavier armor and its pretty huge. But it takes major investment to get to the 80-100 poise where you really see a strong impact. Other than that, resists are nice in certain cases, especially the one that resists bleed buildup since every fucking enemy in existance starts piling it on after a certain point in the game.

Yup, upgrading to the lionel armor with its massive poise lets me shrug off all kinds of shit. I still take damage, but I don't get knocked to the ground like a little bitch from most basic attacks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some hits and depending on the damage type, it doesn't matter what you wear.

Go test normal physical hits with armor vs naked.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
Poise helps you follow through and overpower foes. I just beat alecto for example with the shield and black rider glaive/sword dance. I would just spam the art . Eating his damage at the start but getting off four combos on him because he would stay posture broken.

It also reduces stamina usage with shield block. Near cap poise i can ignore all but boss super attacks (or status or element heavy hits) on the shield till I see an opening.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having capped my Faith and getting tired of being beat like a red headed stepchild I upped my Endurance so I could wear some real armor...

... and it doesn't seem to do jack?

The difference between being naked and wearing heavy metal seems almost inconsequential. If I get hit I get owned. I almost feel like I would have been better off putting those points into vigor.
Look at your detailed stats when you change sets. The difference is usually like 4-5% in damage mitigation. The poise change is the biggest difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Feel bad reading about everyone's experience with Fire Giant. 2 shot him without even really thinking about it. Just used Flame, Protect Me and the standard Souls strat of staying stuck to his foot. During his ground fire phase there are gaps you can stand in and still wail on him without getting hit. By the time he hit Phase 2 he only had about 1/5th of his life and I think he only rolled once during that phase and died.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Feel bad reading about everyone's experience with Fire Giant. 2 shot him without even really thinking about it. Just used Flame, Protect Me and the standard Souls strat of staying stuck to his foot. During his ground fire phase there are gaps you can stand in and still wail on him without getting hit. By the time he hit Phase 2 he only had about 1/5th of his life and I think he only rolled once during that phase and died.

I think I killed him on the third try, pretty sure cheese-rot-breath was key. After using that on Radahn, I've been using it on pretty much every boss (couldn't get it to stick on certain ones like Valiant Gargoyle), and it's been hilariously effective.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I killed him on the third try, pretty sure cheese-rot-breath was key. After using that on Radahn, I've been using it on pretty much every boss (couldn't get it to stick on certain ones like Valiant Gargoyle), and it's been hilariously effective.
Son, I am dissappoint. Sounds like you need to do another play through without rot breath. We'll call it the git gud play through

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Flame protect me is a smart move. My quality build didn't have it. And I didn't get fire livers or w/e.

Ramming your head on shit can git u gudder. I'm serious.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Son, I am dissappoint. Sounds like you need to do another play through without rot breath. We'll call it the git gud play through

Whatever, most of you faggots have been using dumb shit like Moonveil. We all have our dumb shit on the first playthrough!

And of course I'll be doing future plays, this game is the fucking bomb.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There's also the talismans that boost your resistances.
Combining talismans, incantations, and consumables will severely reduce incoming damage. Using all the holy damage mitigation options available to me was how I finally beat the Elden Beast. The holy attacks went from chunking 40-50% off me to maybe 10%. The difference was huge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup, upgrading to the lionel armor with its massive poise lets me shrug off all kinds of shit. I still take damage, but I don't get knocked to the ground like a little bitch from most basic attacks.
Getting knocked to the ground is part of my plan!

Also, I've upgraded my head to an even higher mushroom level.

1648047538696.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
a person whose ideal gaming experience is being handed bite-sized bits of "fun" is exactly the kind of person I expect to work at Blizzard.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users