Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
yeah, same for me got the platinum today a short while before my 51st birthday, now my life has no meaning or purpose. I did it on PS4 so can import my NG+ into PS5 and get a double plat but it took me around 120 hours so I doubt i'll be doing it this year.

raIftHS.jpg

I have to find some lore videos though, I literally have no idea what the ending means or who the fuck these people are or what they are doing. But goddamn what an amazing game, might honestly be the best video game I ever played.
Of the three endings, they are all essentially resetting the order of the Lands Between. For all of the versions of Elden Lord (whether you do the generic, or sub in one of your own runes from Dung Eater, Fia or Goldmask) essentially you are reviving Marika and becoming her consort and the new Elden Lord. The different runes are just a twist on the world, but essentially you are the new Lord and things continue on mostly as they were before the Shattering.

Ranni ending & Frenzy ending both kill off Marika. Frenzy is essentially the Erdtree burns down completely and chaos reigns. It uh... doesn't look to be a pleasant world for anyone. Ranni becomes the new Marika (she is an Empyrean, just like Marika, which is essentially a race of Gods). Instead of ruling under the grace of the Erdtree you will rule under the guidance of the Moon as her consort.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You guys should see my points allocation. I haven't respecd and have like 40 points in every bucket except mind, faith, and arc

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need some basic advice. Is the flow of combat around stamina to mix dodging and blocking to block the last hit of say a boss combo so you can retaliate? Just curious. Working on bosses but I feel inefficient in the few I’ve killed. Getting close to 20. I get stunned a lot because I default to blocking. I try to lower my shield to regen stamina, but usually a combo eats my entire bar. Or maybe I’m picking the wrong combos to go for a block riposte or whatever it’s called.

game is fucking fun. I finally decided to just keep resetting those ruins in limgrave and force myself to learn to fight one of those shield knights with a pole arm to kill it cleanly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I need some basic advice. Is the flow of combat around stamina to mix dodging and blocking to block the last hit of say a boss combo so you can retaliate? Just curious. Working on bosses but I feel inefficient in the few I’ve killed. Getting close to 20. I get stunned a lot because I default to blocking. I try to lower my shield to regen stamina, but usually a combo eats my entire bar. Or maybe I’m picking the wrong combos to go for a block riposte or whatever it’s called.

game is fucking fun. I finally decided to just keep resetting those ruins in limgrave and force myself to learn to fight one of those shield knights with a pole arm to kill it cleanly.
Blocking against bosses early on is pretty tough. As you said, their combo's will completely drain your stamina until you get a shield with good guard boost and upgrade it with smithing. I would go with dodging/parrying early on until you can get a high level of stamina and a better shield.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

From what I’ve seen you don’t have to dodge every one of a series of a combo before you can retaliate. I see a lot of dudes parry the first attack of a combo on some fights. I suck at parry so I can’t give any advice on which attacks are able to be parried or not. I basically play the game as if parry and guard counters don’t even exist.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
From what I’ve seen you don’t have to dodge every one of a series of a combo before you can retaliate. I see a lot of dudes parry the first attack of a combo on some fights. I suck at parry so I can’t give any advice on which attacks are able to be parried or not. I basically play the game as if parry and guard counters don’t even exist.
I’m already in love with counters. May build into being solid at those. On that one knight boss in the Evergaol in limgrave you could sometimes get two off in a combo and break him for a crit. I think. I dunno. I know he’s a pushover boss.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m already in love with counters. May build into being solid at those. On that one knight boss in the Evergaol in limgrave you could sometimes get two off in a combo and break him for a crit. I think. I dunno. I know he’s a pushover boss.
Yeah I have a second character with a parry buckler and I’m practicing at low levels. I know that not using it is severely gimping yourself and makes the game harder. I just can’t do them other then luck. The animations are so different on each boss I can’t get them down.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Parrying is hard to learn but so so satisfying once you do. Buckler Parry is so much more forgiving.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I use buckler parrying against crucible knights. It increases how much time it takes to learn a boss because you have to learn their moves and then choose between dodge / parry for each attack. Executing it is satisfying in its own way, but I find it more fun to use dodge's i-frames and distance to avoid blows instead of parrying or blocking.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

The more acclimated you get to the system the less stamina focused you become. You can perform attack or block with 1/100 sta so even if you whack away you're only one tick of regen away from dodging again.

*edit: started typing that and went afk so lost a lot of details in the pause. You're only a tick of regen away from performing another action, but I do think that will influence your block. I've never used block so not entirely sure :cool:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I use buckler parrying against crucible knights. It increases how much time it takes to learn a boss because you have to learn their moves and then choose between dodge / parry for each attack. Executing it is satisfying in its own way, but I find it more fun to use dodge's i-frames and distance to avoid blows instead of parrying or blocking.
Yeah I think parrying versus the hyper aggressive mobs is the way to go. Crucible knights, the crystal spear mobs, the dual wielding chain weapon dudes. I’ll probably commit myself to at least trying to do it on those types the next playthrough.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been so lost in Crumbling Farum Azula

I've killed the foreskin twins and got a little bit further into the map but good lord...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think this question came up a few pages ago, but thought I’d ask again.

After Fire Giant I didn’t do anything with the forge, instead detoured to Consecrated Wastes to do Ordinal. Is there any impact in the order there? I’ve tried to explore and do everything possible (which is reflected in my 160hr playtime and level 140 after the extra dungeons and Death Bird). Finished Letenna quest. May just say screw it and get my gaps on a second play.