Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did him afterwards too. Now, I really have no idea why your stuff despawned but mine didn’t. I got invaded the next time I went to RH, killed the dude, then everything went back to normal except the two fingers have a different pose.
Is RH on fire for you?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m at final boss, and Blasphemous Blade is feeling underwhelming. Any suggestions on STR or STR/FAI weapons to mess with? I’m eyeballing Godfrey’s Axe, Maliketh’s Blade, and Moghwyn’s Spear (this one requires an ARC respec).

I likely won’t do another fat boy STR build so I’m hoping to try out some of the more fun heavy weapons. That Crozier hammer (like smough hammer from DS1) is interesting and it’s one of the only ones that allows buffing. Speaking of, it’s super frustrating that something like Godfrey axe isn’t buffable, despite only dealing phys damage.
Final boss is immune to bleed so you definitely don't want Moghwyn's spear.

Dunno why you're having problems with Blasphemous Blade against it, should be one of the better weapon choices because of the super long range weapon skill and since it's a greatsword the R2 should break its stance (that's the boss' big weakness) fairly easily.

Kiki

Log Wizard
My uchigatana is keen, but that advice doesn’t really help me. Changing ashes of war doesn’t alter the required attributes to wield it effectively. If everything decent I’m finding has str or int requirements I can’t use it no matter which ash I try, keen or otherwise.

Midgame you probably want to do arcane for rivers of blood and blood uchi or go int moonveil. Can go back to dex for hand of malenia later if you want. That's if you want to stick to katanas. You don't necessarily have to respec, just get some more levels, the dex still adds damage.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Final boss is immune to bleed so you definitely don't want Moghwyn's spear.

Dunno why you're having problems with Blasphemous Blade against it, should be one of the better weapon choices because of the super long range weapon skill and since it's a greatsword the R2 should break its stance (that's the boss' big weakness) fairly easily.

Eh I always forget the weapon skills. And the R2 on BB is pretty slow so I rarely use it unless in a guard counter.

Ended up killing him with the crucible knight spear, forgot the name. Probably not the best weapon since it does holy damage and my guess is Elden beast is resistant to holy, but whatever.

For anyone who has double dipped on endings... I now have a grace point with a pedestal standing here to allow me to end the game with frenzy flame. If I go complete Millicent’s line and get the needle, at that point I can de-sync saves and copy one to the cloud, then complete all 3? I did Ranni’s quest, so presumably I could use the needle and the pedestal at the grace point would have a different usage? Or there are multiple pedestals if you’re not Frenzy Flame?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just found out that rannis dark moon spell increases all spell damage by 10% after it hits
Must have nerfed it, or the original wiki entry was wrong because it used to say 30%.

Edit: it looks like it's 30% if it manages to apply frostbite:

Reduces the target's magic negation by 10%. If this manages to trigger Frostbite on your target, which reduces damage negation by a further 20%, total reduction is around ~30%.

I guess you need a certain number of repeated Dark moons for this to trigger.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My uchigatana is keen, but that advice doesn’t really help me. Changing ashes of war doesn’t alter the required attributes to wield it effectively. If everything decent I’m finding has str or int requirements I can’t use it no matter which ash I try, keen or otherwise.

Just so you know pretty much every weapon has at least two "power" stat requirements. You cant ignore every other stat to pump the higher scaling power stat. You have to put at least a few points into other stats to wield almost any higher end weapon in the game

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Must have nerfed it, or the original wiki entry was wrong because it used to say 30%.

Edit: it looks like it's 30% if it manages to apply frostbite:

Reduces the target's magic negation by 10%. If this manages to trigger Frostbite on your target, which reduces damage negation by a further 20%, total reduction is around ~30%.

I guess you need a certain number of repeated Dark moons for this to trigger.

Sure, but none of that info is available in game. So playing blind you'd never know. In fact, there are so many different spell/incantation/damage types even things that seem determined on wikis and websites are still probably at least somewhat inaccurate

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m real fucking tempted to try this out on foreskin duo rather than deal with that bullshit fight again. Seems like it’ll get nerfed real soon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
<Lore Moment>Whose armor did the "invader" drop? I mean, who was wearing that armor previously in the Roundtable Hold? Does it look familiar?
I know who it was but it’s not really relevant to Chris’s problem. I have no idea why he invaded me and why RH was on fire and why it went back to normal when I killed him. It all seemed completely random and nothing afterwards told me wth just happened. I just picked up his armor, armor dude was like “lol sorry bout that” and that was it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know who it was but it’s not really relevant to Chris’s problem. I have no idea why he invaded me and why RH was on fire and why it went back to normal when I killed him. It all seemed completely random and nothing afterwards told me wth just happened. I just picked up his armor, armor dude was like “lol sorry bout that” and that was it.
Its triggered when you get the 1st piece of the haligtree medallion

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its triggered when you get the 1st piece of the haligtree medallion
Hmm don’t think so. I had one half for a while before the invasion happened. I did find one in the lake area that I probably should have found 90 hours ago though, maybe it’s tied to that half specifically. (Unless you mean that’s the “1st” one, then yeah it was probably that)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm don’t think so. I had one half for a while before the invasion happened. I did find one in the lake area that I probably should have found 90 hours ago though, maybe it’s tied to that half specifically. (Unless you mean that’s the “1st” one, then yeah it was probably that)
Yeah, its tied to the one you get from the lake early on

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Yeah it has to do with albinauric village, it’s either albus and the medallion, or nepheli and the omenkiller boss.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So wtf made that dude invade? Why does he care I got half a medallion or killed omenkiller? All he said to me the whole game was … once.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
some minor lore backstory for anyone else who is clueless. i didn't know the Lands in Between are the world we are in lol. Probably some boss spoiler stuff so don't watch until maybe you finish the game

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’m real fucking tempted to try this out on foreskin duo rather than deal with that bullshit fight again. Seems like it’ll get nerfed real soon.

I used mimic to distract them (any summon really) and then rained down Meteorite of Astel using the temp infinite mana potion which took half their health or more.

That or Comet Azur for smaller/single target work great on slow bosses.

Well I think my game is working as intended and you've managed to reset RH by triggering the invasion after the burning?

The invader is because Gideon All Knowing and his minion were harassasing the Albinauric Wolf Lady in Liurna for her two medallion pieces, because it unlocks Haligtree which is where a Great Rune boss is and they want the runes to become Elden Lord. Since you kill the minion, Gideon I guess decides to work through you instead.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The chariot trap sections are used way more than they should be and they are all just awful
Well I have only encountered the one at the start of the game, and it was a lot easier once you just kill the Chariot.