Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Month behind, but finally had time to get my PS5 hooked up - long story that involved ripping my ceiling out so my TV, sound system, etc were out of place until I could patch some drywall.

Fire it up. First From game. That thing that jumped out of nowhwere at the start and raped me made me think I done made a mistake. Finally get to the actual game. Follow the golden feathers. Tree man falls down and rapes me while many arrows prickle me. I decided that tree man can wait. Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to equip the damn pouch shit. I feel like I gotta go into every fight like I'm playing some unholy combination of metal gear solid crossed with the Lynels from Breath of the Wild. I'm in like zone 1. My shit is gonna get pushed. Trying to get the "rules" and controls down.

Fun game. My only complaint is the goddamn camera. I'm prone to motion sickness anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Well, it happens in open world games.

People saying they 1 or 2 shot Fire Giant is pretty lucky unless they were very over leveled or he bugged out. Because there is no way you do enough damage at a "normal" level to prevent him from rolling away from you 10 times and just get to keep wailing on him.
He gave me a bit of trouble the second time around but I still never found the fight that bad. Think I got him down try 4-5 and just did the whole fight on horseback.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Month behind, but finally had time to get my PS5 hooked up - long story that involved ripping my ceiling out so my TV, sound system, etc were out of place until I could patch some drywall.

Fire it up. First From game. That thing that jumped out of nowhwere at the start and raped me made me think I done made a mistake. Finally get to the actual game. Follow the golden feathers. Tree man falls down and rapes me while many arrows prickle me. I decided that tree man can wait. Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to equip the damn pouch shit. I feel like I gotta go into every fight like I'm playing some unholy combination of metal gear solid crossed with the Lynels from Breath of the Wild. I'm in like zone 1. My shit is gonna get pushed. Trying to get the "rules" and controls down.

Fun game. My only complaint is the goddamn camera. I'm prone to motion sickness anyway.
I suggest watching this since it’s your first souls game. There is a lot of not obvious basic shit you can go dozens of hours not using cause you just don’t realize you can do it …even if you’re a souls vet. I went like 70 hours before I saw you could switch hands on mounted combat. Non spoilery, so it’s safe if you hate that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, it happens in open world games.

People saying they 1 or 2 shot Fire Giant is pretty lucky unless they were very over leveled or he bugged out. Because there is no way you do enough damage at a "normal" level to prevent him from rolling away from you 10 times and just get to keep wailing on him.
He rolled away a couple times, I just went back behind him. Maybe he didn’t roll as far as he was supposed to due to terrain or something? I just used normal attack over and over with blasphemous blade +8 or +9.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're on PS5 but I really enjoy the camera mod.

Makes playing with a mouse + gamepad so much nicer.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You're on PS5 but I really enjoy the camera mod.

Makes playing with a mouse + gamepad so much nicer.
Yeah...to be honest, i read about that when i tried to fix the camera only to find a thread bitching about all from games over it. and it made me want to get the pc version.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There any strats to get up to Altus Plateau speedrun style? I wanna go grab some early bell bearings so i can level a few weapon types to try out as I level but can't figure any way up there that isn't iron virgin or the mountain side pass where you fight the magma wyrm.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Just grab the 2 dectis medallions for the lift, one in east limgrave and one in Caelid not too far from the deathroot guy that you portal to. It's a bit of a run but it can be done in around 20 min I think. That's what i did when I tried my speed run to bolt of gransax.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can get the two discs for the grand lift. Or the harpy mini dungeon That starts at the end of the lake crevasse area, not finished the harpy one yet (need to do that) but I heard it gets you up top.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Can get the two discs for the grand lift. Or the harpy mini dungeon That starts at the end of the lake crevasse area, not finished the harpy one yet (need to do that) but I heard it gets you up top.
That’s the magma wyrm at the end. I did that before I knew about the dectus lift. I was overleveled and had mimic tear so it wasn’t too bad, but it’s a small cavern for the size and abilities of the magma wyrm.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The harpy cave is a pretty hard dungeon. The finger reader is bulllshitting.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya if you see someone do a blind spell parry in pvp just dip, they gotta fix self proc retal one shot

Kiki

Log Wizard
He gave me a bit of trouble the second time around but I still never found the fight that bad. Think I got him down try 4-5 and just did the whole fight on horseback.

Yeah it was pretty typical horseback battle, he's basically a giant with more abilities, rush in, swing a heavy attack or something, run away, avoid some lava and shit, chase him around. I just bit his ankles like always. With a bleed weapon he wasn't that bad, 2 shot, I imagine if you have Tiche out it's pretty easy too.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can someone give a noob some advice as to where I should go to get some levels early? Im lvl 22 and I cant kill Tree Sent or Margit or the boss guy to the south, so Im kind of fucked as far as being able to progress in the sense of killing bosses. Or maybe I just dont know where to go? I havent unlocked anything outside of Limgrave.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can someone give a noob some advice as to where I should go to get some levels early? Im lvl 22 and I cant kill Tree Sent or Margit or the boss guy to the south, so Im kind of fucked as far as being able to progress in the sense of killing bosses. Or maybe I just dont know where to go? I havent unlocked anything outside of Limgrave.
Dude you can totally kill tree sentinel. Get on your horse and be a little bitch. Bait him into attacks then give him a swipe then run away. Rinse repeat.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

It's better to just try to figure out the movesets and kill them at that level but you could teleport to cheese leveling areas in Caelid and do that. But if you want to do that just YouTube it

Leon

<Silver Donator>
In all souls games I've died to panicking while going through my item inventory more than any other thing.
I've died to fucking falling off godamn cliffs and shit while going from point a to point b more than anything in elden ring.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users