Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I used mimic to distract them (any summon really) and then rained down Meteorite of Astel using the temp infinite mana potion which took half their health or more.

That or Comet Azur for smaller/single target work great on slow bosses.

Well I think my game is working as intended and you've managed to reset RH by triggering the invasion after the burning?

The invader is because Gideon All Knowing and his minion were harassasing the Albinauric Wolf Lady in Liurna for her two medallion pieces, because it unlocks Haligtree which is where a Great Rune boss is and they want the runes to become Elden Lord. Since you kill the minion, Gideon I guess decides to work through you instead.
Idk. I didn’t burn anything, I just rested at the forge and nothing happened. Went back to RH and shit was on fire and invaded. Killed him and it went away. I do have an option to burn thorns from the two finger crone at RH but I haven’t done that yet. There wasn’t really any forge activating (at least, yet) I just rested there.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Idk. I didn’t burn anything, I just rested at the forge and nothing happened. Went back to RH and shit was on fire and invaded. Killed him and it went away. I do have an option to burn thorns from the two finger crone at RH but I haven’t done that yet. There wasn’t really any forge activating (at least, yet) I just rested there.
A cut scene plays when you rest at the Forge of Giants, you need to talk to Melina I guess.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That bitch said she was gonna kill me for what I did then never showed up

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A cut scene plays when you rest at the Forge of Giants, you need to talk to Melina I guess.
Ohh. She told me to fuck off before I did that, because of something else I did. That’s probably why.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ohh. She told me to fuck off before I did that, because of something else I did. That’s probably why.

When you rest at the forge there will be an option to do something like Listen to the Fire. Select that.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what this game will do for their previous games sales. I know it will increase them, just wondering how much, and which ones people go for. I saw Rajaah Rajaah went back to Sekiro. Friend of mine went back and replayed DS1 this weekend. Another friend of mine where this is his first From game is now looking at buying Demons Souls remake, and asking me about their other games.

• 2Like

Goonsquad Officer
I need some basic advice. Is the flow of combat around stamina to mix dodging and blocking to block the last hit of say a boss combo so you can retaliate? Just curious. Working on bosses but I feel inefficient in the few I’ve killed. Getting close to 20. I get stunned a lot because I default to blocking. I try to lower my shield to regen stamina, but usually a combo eats my entire bar. Or maybe I’m picking the wrong combos to go for a block riposte or whatever it’s called.

game is fucking fun. I finally decided to just keep resetting those ruins in limgrave and force myself to learn to fight one of those shield knights with a pole arm to kill it cleanly.
If you are serious about being a heavy shield bro, thst gold shield from the spear camp captain is literally like... 5th best shield. You can use it till the Capitol. You do need stamina to block a lot but just hold it up when you know an attack 8s coming while orbiting the boss. Swing when you block the last or when your orbit pivots you behind the boss or under their arm pit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Niall down, was kinda a pain but only took about 5 tries thanks to parry.

Honestly I think I died more times to the dual wielding spectre than I did to him, but I will say Niall had like 2 attacks that almost 1 shotted me if I wasnt topped off.

I went up to Haligtree or whatever and I already hate that place, took about 10 tries just to kill a bear, seems like a lot of regular enemies there are almost boss-like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Niall's a punk bitch once you figure out you can charm his summons with the bewitching branch lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I went up to Haligtree or whatever and I already hate that place, took about 10 tries just to kill a bear, seems like a lot of regular enemies there are almost boss-like
It's basically two dungeons and gets better.

The zombie/demihuman bit is horrific.

The giant castle bit is much better.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Niall's a punk bitch once you figure out you can charm his summons with the bewitching branch lol
I would’ve never figured that out myself, I just don’t read the consumables. Armor and weapon items I end up reading but not until I’ve had them forever. Like I have to be in the mood to sit and read items. I have no idea what 70% of my consumables do.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Was skeptical of this difficulty spike when you got to the Mountaintops of the Giants....but now I am well aware of the spike...the first enemies I came across ruined my day.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What are the actual level restrictions on summons/invasions? Are there even any? I keep getting sunbro'd in to NG+ runs people are on at level 40ish, and consistently am running in to people using endgame weapons etc during invasions.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
What are the actual level restrictions on summons/invasions? Are there even any? I keep getting sunbro'd in to NG+ runs people are on at level 40ish, and consistently am running in to people using endgame weapons etc during invasions.
The equation for summoning in coop is
level +/- 10 +/- (level × 0.1)
Doing minus is the lower limit and plus is the upper limit

Pvp has a higher range.

You might be getting into games where people were able to get to ng+ at a fairly low level

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I mean it's definitely possible given all the skips and warping and shit the speedrunners have found, I'm just surprised how much of it there actually is.

I kinda get it though if you wanna do a run with one of the uber lategame weapons I suppose? Like I kinda feel that draw already trying to play as ARC/DEX, because you get those kind of weapons so late, and the occult/blood whetstone is pretty deep in as well.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
game is damn addicting, just a few more runes…. No I should sleep…. No a few more runes …. haha …

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
game is damn addicting, just a few more runes…. No I should sleep…. No a few more runes …. haha …

I went from "need 99 rune arcs from pvp" to "need 99 on me and 600/600 in stash".

The pixel disease is quite an illness. I hope it takes me in the end.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Learn to parry pump. Just rapidly hit the parry button like you are playing contra when you want to parry. No timing needed. Grats on learning the most important sekiro skill.

I can't believe that works. It feels so cheap, lul. I'm rolling normal enemies in Sekiro now, haven't tried the first major boss (Oniwa or w/e) yet and probably won't for a couple weeks.

My timing is so bad when I try to parry normally in these games though. I'm usually so delayed in pressing the button that I just stand there and get clobbered like Chris Rock.

• 1Worf

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
F29C256F-1AFE-4E5F-89EC-0AA6759D1A63.jpeg
I’m out. See you guys at the dlc.

• 4Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users