Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Whoever said the Haligtree is AIDS was right. It's like "Congratulations on finding the hidden zone! Here are 12 punches to your balls."

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man, Im about 20 hours in, having never played a Souls game before. Basically did everything in Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula, level 41 I think. Just beat Godrick and have been running around the lakes unlocking areas and trying to farm some loot and levels while I figure out next step. I was able to get the Royal Remains armor based on a friends recomendation.

But damn I feel like even at an early stage i fucked up my build so bad. I started as a confessor and found that good twinblade early so I put dex to 18 which is now useless to me, my Vigor I got to 20, STR 22, and working on Faith at 18. I might have sprinkled a few others around to up FP and let me try a wand. But damnit my Incantations suck and I feel like shit does little damage.

Im doing that one Eyes flame shot from the weeping peninsula and it does like 87 damage....WHAT. I tried using Godricks Dragon arm thing and it doesnt hit hard at all. So im basically a STR Faith Build that only does melee damage cause im a stupid newb.

Reading the last few pages, im wondering if I should just abandon my game and come back after reading this whole thread start to finish lol.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, Im about 20 hours in, having never played a Souls game before. Basically did everything in Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula, level 41 I think. Just beat Godrick and have been running around the lakes unlocking areas and trying to farm some loot and levels while I figure out next step. I was able to get the Royal Remains armor based on a friends recomendation.

But damn I feel like even at an early stage i fucked up my build so bad. I started as a confessor and found that good twinblade early so I put dex to 18 which is now useless to me, my Vigor I got to 20, STR 22, and working on Faith at 18. I might have sprinkled a few others around to up FP and let me try a wand. But damnit my Incantations suck and I feel like shit does little damage.

Im doing that one Eyes flame shot from the weeping peninsula and it does like 87 damage....WHAT. I tried using Godricks Dragon arm thing and it doesnt hit hard at all. So im basically a STR Faith Build that only does melee damage cause im a stupid newb.

Reading the last few pages, im wondering if I should just abandon my game and come back after reading this whole thread start to finish lol.

You generally have two damage stats, so either str/fai, str/dex, dex/int, etc. So you spread yourself a little thin doing str/dex/fai. You'll have access to respec soon enough if you can last a little longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He hasn't spent enough points in any stat to have to worry about respeccing. There's a good chance he'll find a FAI scaling weapon that he may want to use that requires at least that much str or dex to equip/use abilities on.

If you want to focus on actual incantations for damage just pump FAI until like 50, maybe sprinkle some vit and mind in there for good measure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

You can respec after you kill the main boss in the lakes. I’d just stick it out and respec. Are you smithing your weapons up? If not that may explain why you feel underpowered.

Starting over when you know what you’re doing goes much faster though, so whatever you feel like doing.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
+1 vote for waiting for a respec. A lot of people are rerolling constantly and it's a mistake. The game is really massive and you'd be better off hitting that ~100 hour mark having respecced a few times than doing Limgrave and the Lake a bunch of times.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You can respec after you kill the main boss in the lakes. I’d just stick it out and respec. Are you smithing your weapons up? If not that may explain why you feel underpowered.

Starting over when you know what you’re doing goes much faster though, so whatever you feel like doing.

I have my weapon at +4 but I didnt want to waste materials if I get something better soon. Am I being too stingy on that? I just realized my seal hasnt been leveled up. Gonna pump a few levels into that and see how the damage rises

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Idk what I wanted to use as int/faith for a melee wep, so I went with fire misericorde

Does nice with flame grant me strength I guess

Having a nasty melee weapon on top of my other shit and flame of redmanes would prob be too op

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Your seal is what directly increases incantation scaling power in conjunction with FAI so yea, leveling it up will help a lot.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the best build to beat Melania in Haligtree? This boss seems beyond everything else, I just took down Malekith and Godfrey in a few tries...

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
He hasn't spent enough points in any stat to have to worry about respeccing. There's a good chance he'll find a FAI scaling weapon that he may want to use that requires at least that much str or dex to equip/use abilities on.

If you want to focus on actual incantations for damage just pump FAI until like 50, maybe sprinkle some vit and mind in there for good measure.

I wasnt sure how sharp the razors edge is. Like ive seen people post their stuff with max all stats, so I felt like there is some wiggle room (Obviously at that level it takes so many runes to level up its slow) but I wasnt sure if blowing 10 or so points early was as big as I feel it is

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's the best build to beat Melania in Haligtree? This boss seems beyond everything else, I just took down Malekith and Godfrey in a few tries...

Alkaizer method with big heavy 2h hammer jump attacks and sprinting away

Or one of those instagib ritual buff fests

I'm dying for this carian retaliation fix, I can finger sever out 99% of the time when I hear it comin, but still, ruins so much of the game for so many others who refuse to play legit

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
the hwhat

I watched him try away for like 7 hours, his last few attempts was the best strat - basically what I said above. Jump attack in a good window, sprint away and rinse repeat. Being super far from her helps with that water dance shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1648495701869.png

• 12Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 12 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you want actual complete brainless "i just want the boss dead" for Melania it's the onenkiller guy ashes and respecing in to big swarm of flies build. The flies nearly stunlock her on their own, and the omenkiller makes up any remaining chance she had of taking actions.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you want actual complete brainless "i just want the boss dead" for Melania it's the onenkiller guy ashes and respecing in to big swarm of flies build. The flies nearly stunlock her on their own, and the omenkiller makes up any remaining chance she had of taking actions.

I had good results with frost dragon breath.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
She’s staggerable and weak to bleed. I usually just mimic with river of blood and bully her down before she can do her spaz attack.