Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have not, at least not yet. This was from like 10 days ago testing like 10 "broken" weapon builds (respeccing etc) against her specifically (basically fighting through part of phase 2 and dying). Looks really strong though and easy. Black knife was the easiest of my testing though as you basically just range her down with impunity

By this you mean use Black Knife Tiche ashes, and let her tank?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No he means the actual black knife weapon - it's L2 is the blood laser blade attack that Tiche uses. You just kite her forever and spam those L2s at her for Melania specifically.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
she gets staggered pretty easily, I used bloodhound greatsword I think? between jump attacks and the special backflip/attack move it is pretty easy to hit without getting hit back. + it has bleed.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I got this Death's Poker deal on my restart (samurai base) that seems pretty OP for early game. Any suggestions for good armor/accessories to go with it?

I'm eventually going to go for that Corpse Piler skill katana later on for a bleed build but that's a ways down the road (and a respec).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got this Death's Poker deal on my restart (samurai base) that seems pretty OP for early game. Any suggestions for good armor/accessories to go with it?
Early game: Radagon's Soreseal, Carian Filigreed Crest
Mid game: add Magic Scorpion
Late game: add Shard of Alexander

Rivers of Blood setup: Lord of Blood's Exultation, Carian Filigreed Crest, Rotten Winged Sword, whatever (not Shard of Alexander, probably go with Milicent's Prosthesis if you don't need the needle back from her). Ideally you'll want a uchigatana or nagakiba with Seppuku on it to dual wield.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol I’m already at fire giant again on journey 2 😀

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So the narrator mentions 5 people plus the player in the beginning. There are 5(?) hero graves in the game, and the player kinda comes out of one of them. Is there anything to this? Maybe Fia or Hoarah Loux don’t belong, the rest all came out of hero graves?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They’re dialing this in quickly. Under 19 minutes now. Wonder if From will fix the flying horse shit or just leave it.

• 1WTF

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Lol I’m already at fire giant again on journey 2 😀
It’s crazy how fast you can get through From Software games after you know how to rush through bosses and where to go. I think in Dark Souls I was able to get to Gwynn in like 30 minutes flat once I got to new game +++.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So the narrator mentions 5 people plus the player in the beginning. There are 5(?) hero graves in the game, and the player kinda comes out of one of them. Is there anything to this? Maybe Fia or Hoarah Loux don’t belong, the rest all came out of hero graves?
I don’t know if the dung eater would get a hero’s grave. Seems like they would have just thrown him down the sewer.

• 1Worf

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They’re dialing this in quickly. Under 19 minutes now. Wonder if From will fix the flying horse shit or just leave it.

I kinda hope they don't fix it, but I find that speedrun category very boring after the first one. Glitchless speedruns are a lot more interesting IMO, or at least not any "major" game breaking glitches. There's also a glitch where certain boss AI isn't active so they just stand there and do nothing as they're getting beat on, those are pretty boring too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users